+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Sep 2011 #2 **Season Spoilers**

Re: Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week S/S 2011 #2- **Season Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4070585;
    What PR is selecting for is a designer who can do the best design with 15-30 minutes designing time on a very specific (and sometimes bizarre) challenge. Very different results seem to be produced when the designers have more time for the design process as they do with the Fashion Week designs. From what I've seen on PR, I never would have expected to like the April, Ivy, and Valerie collections.
    Know what you mean, I loved Kara Janx's runway collection although during her season she never seemed to do well.

PS: didn't you think that Gretchen's collection read very old and dowdy?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4071596;
    Know what you mean, I loved Kara Janx's runway collection although during her season she never seemed to do well.

PS: didn't you think that Gretchen's collection read very old and dowdy?
    I thought Gretchen's looked good, but while the fabrics were light and airy, the color story was was very autumnal, rusts, browns, gold, forest green and black.

I liked Chris Collin's collection, it had a really nice progression. Especially the mixed prints at the beginning.

Judging by what was shown on the runway, my finalists would be Mondo, April, and then either Michael, Valerie, Chris or Gretchen. Not a very definitive list, I know.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4071596;
    Know what you mean, I loved Kara Janx's runway collection although during her season she never seemed to do well. PS: didn't you think that Gretchen's collection read very old and dowdy?
    I thought Gretchen's collection was very 1970s. I liked several of her designs, but then I'm 57, and a lot of them reminded me of stuff I wore back then (I had a jumpsuit very similar to the one she designed in episode 1 or 2). So I guess that makes your case for old! I I'm not sure I'd go so far as calling it dowdy, but most of her collection seemed more "everyday" than high fashion. It certainly wasn't a youthful collection (except for maybe that odd panty/shorts piece). And certainly not all designs need to be youthful, but for Fashion Week, I'd expect more chic and elegant designs (like Cassanova's resort wear with the pants and off-the-shoulder top, or Ivy's Jackie Kennedy's pants, slant-cut blouse, and see-through jacket).

Did none of the designers use any of the models from the show? I couldn't spot any...

Re: 10/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I'm not familiar with how this show works as far as New York Fashion Week. How did almost all the designers end up making a collection for that? I thought only 3 made it.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;4090231;
    I'm not familiar with how this show works as far as New York Fashion Week. How did almost all the designers end up making a collection for that? I thought only 3 made it.
    This season of Project Runway was filmed several months ago. Fashion week was about a month ago.

If only the final three had shown collections at Fashion week, we would have known a month ago who the final three were.

Project Runway lets however many designers are in the show as it airs do collections for Fashion Week, so the ending can't be spoiled. Last year with the timing of PR and Fashion week, fewer designers made collections, but still more than the final three.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;4090231;
    I don't get it myself other than they allow the same designers still in the show during the time FW rolls around the opportunity to show at Fashion week because of the timing.

The show airs over the middle of FW, and if only 3 of the designers show at FW, we'd have major spoilers on our hands.

People can correct me where I'm wrong - and I may be.

I'm actually looking forward to the finale.

I think it's odd that of the F3, only Mondo made what can be considered an evening gown....I can't help but think that the casual nature of the FW designs was intentional on the part of Bravo???

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Re: Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Sep 2011 #2 **Season Spoilers**

I cannot find the collections on MB website or just in a regular search. I was really hoping to see Michael C's collection. Does anyone have the link they can post or PM me? Thanks much!

FORT Fogey

Re: Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Sep 2011 #2 **Season Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;4094023;
    I cannot find the collections on MB website or just in a regular search. I was really hoping to see Michael C's collection. Does anyone have the link they can post or PM me? Thanks much!
    See post #15 above.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12