+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 9/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

9/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Please keep all discussion in here until 1:30AM ET, 10:30PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: 9/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

What's happening?

Big challenge: create an avant garde look for an advertorial shoot, and a ready to wear look inspired by it. Winner gets the photo shoot, plus $20,000.

Mondo won again, although I liked Andy's looks more and thought he would win.

Bottom two were Valerie and Ivy, who both tanked and had meltdowns. Ivy was called out, and they drew out the drama making us think there might be a double elimination, but Val was ultimately safe. Both of their sets of looks were bad enough to warrant it.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Glad that Mondo won again I loved his outfit for the Times Square billboard and thought he should have won over that awful denim jumpsuit that Gretchen made, but then after his mustachio'd bizarre outfit a couple of weeks later, I wasn't sure about him. The last two weeks, his brilliance as a designer has really shown through. Up til the last couple of weeks, other than the drama between the designers, I thought this season's designers didn't have a stand out among them like Seth Aaron. Mondo has become the stand out for sure. Andy's outfit was just too bizarre for me and somehow similar to his winning dress in the party favor challenge. Even though one was separates and one was a dress with an origami feel, the necklines or something were very similar to me. Gretchen's stuff should not have been in the top three. What is it the judges like about her hippy 70's style? I just don't get it. The tops she designs are always loose and blousey. Even though Michael's train was way too much, I didn't feel like he belonged in the bottom. I liked his dresses way better than April-I-can't-use-any-color-but-black's!

Thanks for all the info about tonight's episode. I am surely going to watch it! I am glad to hear that Ivy is gone, it was time.

I'm glad that Mondo won, but was hoping it'd been him or Andy because they had both ideas right. Gretchen's were good; however, her ready to wear look is very similar to one of her previous outfits, this case had aspects of last week's Jackie O' inspired outfit, particularly the top (it reminded me of the coat for some reason).

I was surprised myself that Ivy was out, but I can see why she was voted out. While I did like Valerie's "wedding dress" I wasn't impressed with her ready to wear. I was surprised that she was safe over Ivy though, even though I've never been fond of Ivy's attitude.

Had Michael NOT Had the runaway train on his outfit, I think he'd been at least safe.

I'm growing tired of April's all black and similar outfits. She needs to expand out of that box, even if it's restyling and new colors (which SA did at times), or she'll be out soon.

Right now, it's looking like Mondo may be in the finals and the others are in the air. Next week's teaser is interesting, and I'm glad they brought back this particular challenge (it does make them really think and be creative - I would LOVE to do this particular challenge). I do hope though that there is a mislead in regard to the part of the whole "Mondo's hidden story" though. Then again, misleads are their specialty so hopefully this is a good thing.

Looks like the moment that made Tim Gunn the most proud on the runway, that he mentioned in that interview, happens next week and involves Mondo and the inspiration behind his garment. Also looks lke cheating allegations from one of the guys comes up as well and effects the finale. They are hinting around that it might involve Michael C, only other guys are Christopher, Andy, & Mondo. Glad Ivy's gone. although , I thought they would send Valerie home. Glad Michael C is still around. I didn't get Gretchen's oufits. The Couture dress was too blousy and ill-fitting for me. Glad Mondo won the money.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Am I crazy (yes, I am, I know) but did Mondo's outfit feel a bit of a call-back to Jeffery's winning collection to anyone else? I loved it's kind of Vivienne Westwood meets Steve McQueen aspect, but I find it a bit familiar. And Gretchen's couture look should be on Boardwalk Empire...it screamed 20s costume, so why it wasn't called out for that perplexes me.

As for the loser, I'm okay with Ivy going home. Valerie equally could have gone home, but I'd rather Moley-moley-mole stay and Ivy and her attitude hitting the road.

Quote Originally Posted by lark37;4068163;
    I liked his dresses way better than April-I-can't-use-any-color-but-black's!

Next challenge, the color black should be banned for her.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Why on earth would Gretchen think she has sole rights to any particular color?

Thought it was hilarious that if April won the $20,000, she would pay off her school loans and buy a minitaure pony.

Loved it on the runway when the judges were talking to the bottom three, and I think it was Michael Kors who said Michael's dresses were the only ones that were sewn and tailored well.

I liked both of Mondo's designs, but on the high-fashion piece, it looked like you could look right down the bodice.

I liked Gretchen's ready-to-wear look, but I thought her high-fashion dress looked dowdy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast