+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 9/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 9/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Andy redeemed himself from last week. I loved his looks.

Loved Mondo's dresses. Definitely thought he should have won. I would wear both of those dresses.

Loved both of Michael's outfits. I thought the color was lovely. I did agree, however, that the back looked like Scarlett O' Hara's curtains.

Favorite lines:

"I've never been in the Bottom 3 before." (The look Hivy gave Michael at that point was priceless. )

"You tried so hard..." Hivy probably wanted to kill Haeem for that one.

"Mondo, you're the winner." Although she hugged him, I would love to know what Wretchen thought when she heard that two designers have now equaled her "winning-two-challenges" feat. It's especially interesting since Mondo used to join her in beating up on Michael, and since he and Wretchen both got to do photo shoots. Hmmmm. The underling now challenging the top dog? Wonder if she'll "fail to understand" Mondo's dresses next?

"I felt I had so much more to show." That's a scary thought.

I love Colyer Strong, too. I've enjoyed every episode where he appeared.

Can I take Tim and Swatch home?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

When they excused the 2 that were safe, April and ??, I just knew Gretchen was in the bottom 3 with that hideous hippy monstrocity. I was stunned when they gushed ...
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Can I take Tim and Swatch home? [/QUOTE]

My favorite moment of the show was Tim waggling his fingers at Swatch and pretending to chase him. I also love that the shop dog at Mood is named Swatch.

I, too, was really surprised that Gretchen's dress was in the top 3, altho I will say that the back was very pretty. It looked like two different dresses. Wonder why she put so much effort and time into the detailing of the back.
    Heidi was right when she said the dress should be turned around.

I had to laugh when Gretchen claimed that color to be HERS and hers alone. That's so immature but Gretchen doesn't have a filter when she speaks.

I couldn't find Tim Gunn's vlog about episode 7 (Jackie Kennedy) but I'll keep looking. In my eyes, Tim can do no wrong. When I first got to know him on tv, I was so hoping he might bring back proper attire to the masses, rather than the slobs we have all become.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4069483;
    [snipped]

I couldn't find Tim Gunn's vlog about episode 7 (Jackie Kennedy) but I'll keep looking. In my eyes, Tim can do no wrong. When I first got to know him on tv, I was so hoping he might bring back proper attire to the masses, rather than the slobs we have all become.
    Tim pulled the episode 7 vlog last week. He said he did it on his own, but I have a feeling the powers that be at Lifeline weren't happy about that rant.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4069483;
    TLo found a copy of Tim's vlog on Viddler.com and shared the link on their Facebook page. But the video is restricted to (at the most) registered members of Viddler. I didn't sign up so I don't know if it's restricted beyond the membership.

I saw the vid before it was pulled, and it was pretty scathing to the current production staff, but it was also accurate. IMO it's almost as if Tim feels PR is slipping away from him or something, and slowly turning into a show he might not want to attach himself to anymore. (This is just a fleeting speculation on my part, of course he hasn't said anything like that...)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Count me as another one who cannot possibly understand how the judges loved Gretchen's look. It literally hurt my eyes, that's how utterly hideous it was Not only that, but it just gave me this huge urge to wash dishes, because the thing looks like this huge rag. Tim's definitely right in calling them "crack smoking judges" this season, for real.

And is it just me, or is Christopher just absolutely and utterly boring? The guy seems to be there just to fill up some empty space or something. We're down to just a few designers and I keep asking myself "who's this guy again?"

All the judges loved Andy's clothes and not one had a negative to say about it but he lost to Mondo. I think he should have won. As for the bottom 2, it was a toss up but I think Valerie was right, she should have been the one going home because she wasn't really happy with her work. I'm glad though that Ivy is gone. I don't think she has anything else to show us, contrary to her closing remarks. So again I think the judges got it wrong but I'm still happy with the results. I hope Andy and Mondo make the finale. Not sure who the 3rd one is but it may be Gretchen even though she is hated by many in the FORT.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;4069506;
    Not sure who the 3rd one is but it may be Gretchen even though she is hated by many in the FORT.
    No. She is disliked by the more vocal posters which is actually a small percentage of the viewing audience.

I don't have a problem with her and think she's very talented. I would prefer April in the finale over her but I definitely don't hate her. I think she is getting a very bad edit and I pay attention more to the fact that Tim is "fond of her" and that many of the designers who have exited talk about what a good person she is.

This production crew (the one that belongs to Lifetime) is really doing a bad job with the editing and I'm not paying all that much attention to it.

All that being said, I was positive that she, Valerie, and Ivy were in the bottom three. Gretchen lost her way with this challenge and may have just knocked herself out of the finale if she doesn't quickly find her footing again.

I thought that April, Mondo, and Andy should have been the top three. Those three know their aesthetic and stay true to it and I feel they have found their rhythm. Hopefully they are the final three.

I just do not want Michael C in the finale. I think he is a horrible designer, a copy cat, and just a nasty person. He is a fake and I'm not buying any of it. The cute little gestures, the "golly gee" grin. Very transparent and I can't wait for the truth about him to come out after the show, and it will.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;4069506;
    All the judges loved Andy's clothes and not one had a negative to say about it but he lost to Mondo. I think he should have won. As for the bottom 2, it was a toss up but I think Valerie was right, she should have been the one going home because she wasn't really happy with her work. I'm glad though that Ivy is gone. I don't think she has anything else to show us, contrary to her closing remarks. So again I think the judges got it wrong but I'm still happy with the results. I hope Andy and Mondo make the finale. Not sure who the 3rd one is but it may be Gretchen even though she is hated by many in the FORT.
    I thought it was very close between Mondo and Andy and I would have been happy with either of them winning. I thought both of their runway fashions were stunning. As art pieces, I liked Andy's a bit more. But I thought Mondo's was more wearable. Both of their RTW dresses were fabuluous, but I liked Mondo's a tiny bit better. (Andy should have won the resort wear challenge over April so I was kind of pulling for Andy to win this one.)

IMO, the third should have been April or Michael, but Mondo's and Andy's designs were far better than either of theirs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast