+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 9/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4068169;
    Looks like the moment that made Tim Gunn the most proud on the runway, that he mentioned in that interview, happens next week and involves Mondo and the inspiration behind his garment. Also looks lke cheating allegations from one of the guys comes up as well and effects the finale. They are hinting around that it might involve Michael C, only other guys are Christopher, Andy, & Mondo.
    I'm intrigued and confused with the previews. It had Heidi (in the orange pantsuit from the finale) saying something like "It was bad what HE did". So I'm interpreting it as that part of the previews is not part of next week's episode but a hint or tie-in to the finale. Anyway, it seems that Gretchen is hurling something (some fabric?) at someone and several designers are crying (Andy, Mondo, and Michael C., at various times of the show). My guess is someone gets disqualified at the finale and someone gets a chance to replace the disqualified contestant because that's what they usually do when someone quits.

Wasn't that Gretchen's model that had the close-up in the advertorial?

I laughed so hard when Austin bit the head off the sardine and Santino was laughing and hurling.
    Last edited by watts; 09-24-2010 at 07:28 AM.

I thought Gretchen's couture dress was ugly- I felt for sure she would be bottom 3. Draping is fine, but that thing just hung off her model and made the model look like 2 models could fit in there. I also thought it was funny that she thought she had sole rights to the bordeaux color (us commoners call it burgandy!). What happens if her and another designer both do a black dress next time? Is she going to think the other designer copied her because they chose black too? She really does have a high opinion of herself. There is a very fine line between confidence and arrogance and she has definitely crossed it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;4068188;
    Am I crazy (yes, I am, I know) but did Mondo's outfit feel a bit of a call-back to Jeffery's winning collection to anyone else? I loved it's kind of Vivienne Westwood meets Steve McQueen aspect, but I find it a bit familiar. And Gretchen's couture look should be on Boardwalk Empire...it screamed 20s costume, so why it wasn't called out for that perplexes me.

As for the loser, I'm okay with Ivy going home. Valerie equally could have gone home, but I'd rather Moley-moley-mole stay and Ivy and her attitude hitting the road.

I think you mean Alexander McQueen.

And Valerie's big ol' hairy mole is distracting!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Regular

Every week I just want to write the same thing. GRETCHEN, GET OVER YOURSELF. She has self-appointed herself a grand designer, and she is totally undeserving of that title. And to claim a color as yours is totally ridiculous. And on a positive note, good riddance, Ivy

I was shocked that Gretchen's dress almost won. It was fugly IMO. Mondo is standing out as a serious competitor. I actually like the ready to wear outfits better than the high fashion outfits. I know this is a competition and they need the drama for TV but I still think the judges are being too Simon Cowell and that's bothering me.

I loved Mondo's & Andy's ready to wear outfits. Alot of you didn't Gretchen's but I did. I think I can sew better than Ivy & Val and I can't sew. Michael C's was ALOT of stiff looking fabric. It just seemed that he didn't put alot of thought or creativity in his ready to wear.
    While I agree that Gretchen can be annoying she is talented & besides you don't go into a competition like this NOT thinking you are the best.

FORT Fogey

Ditto on Any & Mondo's outfits, I liked both looks of each. I'm so happy that Ivy is gone, she thought much more highly of herself than was reality (at least within this group). I was waiting for Heidi to auf both Val & Ivy!

old cow

I agree with previous posters, I was floored when Gretchen's design made it into the top 3! It was a bathrobe!! I will say it was a well embellished bathrobe but a robe non the less. I agree with Heidi that back was prettier but ugh the way it hung on her shoulders was just terrible.

YaY to Mondo for the win! When his model came around the corner I let out a wow and i hardly ever do that. I was thinking that the judges might not give him the win because he won last week and they very rarely give two wins in a row but I was cheering when he won.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I'm glad Mondo got the win, but I had to wonder if his model would even sit down in her high-fashioned gown.

Wretched Gretchen must have been channeling Mrs. Roper from Three's Company. That gown was hideous.

Glad Poison Ivy has gone home. Maybe, just maybe, WG won't be as mean without PI there to feed her wrath. Oh, the eye rolling and the huffy breath will continue, but without one of her cronies there to back her up, maybe they negative thoughts won't actually make it as far as her mouth.

I liked Michael C's dresses, but the high fashion number looked uncomfortable. The ready-to-wear was very nice and I loved the color. Does WG's memory not go far back enough to realize that she and MC were going after the same fabric just one episode ago?

And what the h*ll was up with the compliment Nina gave WG about the model's makeup? She didn't do it . . . . the makeup artist did.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I was so overjoyed that Ivy went home. Did anyone noticed the look on Ivy's face when Valerie stated that she should go instead of Ivy? Ivy was looking like well go tell Heidi you want to go and keep me!

I don't know how Christopher was safe? That dress looked like a bee hive in the back with all that white fabric.

I loved Mondo's outfits. The colors were awesome and the hat OMG!. The outfit looks good in print and Mondo looked quite handsome. I'm glad he won the challenge.

Andy's designed looked more like something for robots. Like those robots you see during Sunday Football games on CBS. Robots scare me.

I too didn't get the woos and ahhs over Gretchen design. To me it looked liked my grandmother's sofa back in the 70s or better yet, fabric that you bought at Kmart. The ready to wear dress looked way too big for the models. I'm sorry but this girl has no sense in styles and color.

I got tickled with the judges on Valerie's design. It did look like a pagent gown.

I loved Michael C ready to wear better than the gown; even though the gown wasn't that bad. Like the guess judge said, you could easily alter the bottom.

Okay are all of April's design going to be black???

I'll say it again, this years models are not that great. Are they afraid to walk? My husband thinks they are embrassed and scared of the designs that they forced to wear down the runway

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast