+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 9/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

old cow

Re: 9/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;4058327;
    I think C went home because it didn't fit the brief as resort wear (flowing or skin showing is what I took away from the judges. Or black. Black is the new light and airy???) . I thought it was cute and would have sent home Ivy because she did NOTHING but have a long skirt and top that moved when the model walked. If C would have done a different bottom and NOT say he designed with his grandmother in mind, he might have stayed????

OK. I admit it. I don't get some of the judging this year. At all.
    I think Ivy stayed because the producers know an all around hated b!#ch of a contestant brings in more ratings than a well liked, funny designer like Casanova. Honestly i would rather tune in and laugh at Casanova's remarks, like i was doing last nite , than feel my blood pressure go up everytime Ivy is on my TV screen .

I liked Andy's best, and I also liked Michael C's and Casanova's too. Ivy's look sucked eggs. Her fabric choices were here doing, and they were blah as per ususal.

Clearly the judges and/or producers kept her due to the b*tch factor.

With both Peach and Casanova gone the fun factor will be diminished. I'm just glad that Casanova did get to show at Fashion Week.

I really liked Cassanova's outfit. It wasn't resort at all, IMO, but it was a lovely outfit. Ivy's outfit was a bore, & the fact that she refused to take responsibility for it should have made her the one to go. I can't stand her. She's arrogant & doesn't have the designs to justify her massive ego.

Andy was robbed. April's design looked like lingerie. Nice lingerie, but lingerie nonetheless!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;4058375;
    I really liked Cassanova's outfit. It wasn't resort at all, IMO, but it was a lovely outfit. Ivy's outfit was a bore, & the fact that she refused to take responsibility for it should have made her the one to go. I can't stand her. She's arrogant & doesn't have the designs to justify her massive ego.

Andy was robbed. April's design looked like lingerie. Nice lingerie, but lingerie nonetheless!
    I agree with everything you said! If you go over to the BPR site and vote for who should have stayed and gone the majority (70% i think) said Andy should have won and (80%) said that Ivy should have gone. I hope the designers visit the BPR site so they can see what the fans thought of their stuff.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

I definitely think that Andy should have won. I actually forgot that it was a swimsuit when it first came down the runway... However, I don't think I agree with Kristen Bell when she said that someone that is size 2 could wear that as well as someone who is size 12.

I agree with everyone else that April's outfit looked like lingerie. However, I do think that if it was a lingerie outfit, she could have won. Just doesn't really fit for the challenge...don't know what world those judges live in!!!

I'm hoping that with Mondo's attitude change, some others will come around too.

I don't like Ivy at all; however, for as frustrated as I think she was, I think she handled herself pretty well (at least for her). I really wish they would have showed her original design so we could have seen how much she had to alter her design. Because what we saw was pretty sad. The only reason I am glad that she didn't go home is because Michael would have felt awful. I'm wondering if that played into the judges decision at all because her design was much worse than Casanova's.

Casanova's model said that she would wear his outfit and that she thought it looked very expensive. While I didn't think it looked like resort wear, I didn't think his outfit looked matronly...maybe a little conservative. Poor Casanova...I liked his good-bye clips with all his sayings...especially the one when he mentions he is getting fat...too funny!
    Last edited by ryanfan4vr; 09-10-2010 at 03:50 PM.

I think the judges didn't need much help from the producers in choosing Ivy to stay over Casanova. When she brought up her Parson's pedigree, they probably figured that if they had to keep one of them, they would keep the one who at least knows the rules before she breaks them.

I don't agree with this philosophy, but in the back of their minds, they probably always have "does this designer even have a chance in hell of making Fashion Week?" -- even though they say they only judge based on the garment in front of them.

But I thought there were garments that were worse than both of theirs, so what do I know.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfritter;4058383;
    ]

Reading this article the writer is not l00% sure its going to be Valerie, Andy and a toss up between Gretchen and Christopher, imo, the writer seem to give an opinion.
    There is a link on youtube. think it has Christopher as final 3. http://www.*********youtube.com/****...?v=O0IONAmf93Y. Please remove the **'s from the link above and we see the final three.

FORT Fogey

There is a link on youtube. think it has Christopher as final 3. http://www.*********youtube.com/****...?v=O0IONAmf93Y. Please remove the **'s from the link above and we see the final three.

FORT Fogey

So My Thoughts on 9/9 Episode

9/9 DISCUSSION

Totally did not agree with the winner. My mama always said to keep your underwear under wraps. April's "outfit" was nothing more than Victoria's Secret, and I would never wear it outside of my house.

Did not agree with the loser, either. Poor Casanova. He did not deserve to go on this challenge. For Pete's sake, at least his outfit looked creative. I liked that lace-around-the-middle bit, and I would totally wear it. Hivy, though, did nothing but wrap her model in a bolt of cloth and then whine and complain about how superior she was and how it was MD's fault that she did lousy. I snorted with laughter when the judges said she was just a seamstress, because it is so true. All that being said, however, part of me is glad that Hivy was saved. That way when she does get eliminated she'll have nobody else to blame...

Agreed with what they said about Mondo. It was cute but ordinary. You could find it on the rack of any teen store.

I liked Michael C's dress. In fact, my favorite moment of the night was when Kors said, "Love the fabric" after Mondo had turned his nose up at it earlier. I must admit, though, that it was very brave of Mondo to change his mind about MC. It makes me wonder again what's going behind the scenes.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast