+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 9/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 9/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

WHile Mondo's was VERY junior and commercial, I would have put Gretchen there instead but had her be safe. The only thing that saved Ivy (besides the show needing a bad guy since Gretchen seems to be the controlling, belittling manner edit) was that at least hers flowed. It was bland and boring, but it flowed. C's was actually nice looking for a luncheon at a resort catering to older cliental. Not all resorts are tropical and beachy, but even I knew what they wanted. They wanted tropical resort wear.

I personally have never been to a resort of any type. I didn't get the nightgown win, although the top was cute and I've seen stuff like that on an MTV red carpet. The dress was OK, but I don't see how it is beach resort wear. By default, Andy's seem to be the winner. I wasn't moved by any of them.

I'm rambling, so I'm going to stop.
    Last edited by Allie; 09-10-2010 at 01:53 AM.

FORT Fogey

Ivy should have gone but her "pedigree" (Parsons grad) and her skills as evident in Michael D.'s look saved her. But like Jason, if she screws up the next challenge, she's gonzo. I didn't like Valerie's look, at all. And April's and Michael D's looks are resort, if I'm not mistaken, Karl Lagerfeld has sent something similar to April's down the runway for one of Chanel's resort collection (gotta look it up). April was lucky that Christopher made her dress because her crappy craftsmanship could have screwed it up. I actually liked Gretchen's look, it had the feel of a Rachel Comey or a Bensoni look.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought April's design should have been saved for a Lingerie Challenge. Given what some "celebrities" wear (think Lady Gaga), I wasn't really all that surprised to hear Kristen Bell say she'd have worn it on the Red Carpet. Anything to attract attention!

Wasn't even all that fond of the black number Michael D made . . . too many straps at the top. Looked like she was wearing a strapless top with a regular bra!

Mondo's look was young and definitely not for everyone's figure, but if you are blessed to be built like that, go for it! She had everything covered that should have been.

Favorites of the night: Andy, Christopher and Michael C (although I thought the pant legs didn't need to be quite so flowy).

Least favorites: Ivy (boring), Gretchen (too heavy looking) and Valerie.

I can fully understand the faces Michael C was making. I would have been making them too. She spent sooooo much time last week (and she wasn't alone) badgering his every move, bitching to anyone who would listen and practically crowning him the most inept designer ever. A few twirls of the clock's hands later and suddenly it's Michael D who's got not business being on the show.

All of the other designers were hating on Micheal C, but when paired with someone who previously was a sounding board for the backstabbing talk, suddenly no one is up to snuff.

Mondo isn't my favorite, but he scored points with me last night for letting Michael C know he isn't all that bad. Takes a big man to admit when he's wrong.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Aprils design looked like something you would wear TO BED at a resort. I can't believe it won, it looked like Fredericks of Hollywood. I think she won because she listened to Michael Kor's suggestion.
    I didn't think Casanova's outfit was that bad, I will miss him on the show.
    It doesn't matter to me who goes home anymore. E! News had a segment about Fashion week and they showed who the final three designers and guest judge are. I hate when they do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Mags225;4058120;
    Boo! Casanova was really growing on me.
    I really liked his outfit. I thought it was well made. I didn't see grandma in it at all. I think Heidi just use to wearing hoochie clothes

I loved April's and Andy's design. More so April's. That was hot and I can someone like Naomi Campbell or some Victoria Secret model rocking it on the runway. Yay for April

Andy's was simply beautiful and ready to wear.

This time around I can truly say that I didn't like Mondo's outfit at all. I wasn't fun of Gretchen's either. Her outfit was just cute.

Ivy should have been eliminated. Nina said it right... Ivy just cannot design. She is just a seamtress. But man, Ivy has no problem reminding everyone that she went to Parson.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

My favorite three are Andy, Cassanova, and Michael C.

IMO, Ivy or Gretchen should have been sent home at the team challenge, and Ivy should have been sent home last night.

I didn't get a grandma vibe at all from Cassanova's outfit - I thought it was elegant and classy and would be a great outfit for going out shopping or to lunch or dinner.

I was disappointed in Mondo's design because he's one of my favorites on the show, but that bathing suit seems appropriate for young teens. I didn't like April's at all. If someone wore that on the red carpet, I'm pretty sure they'd be on the worst-dressed segment of the show recap.

old cow

I really thought Andy should have won this challenge. But i can understand why April did instead; she stuck to her asthetic while creating a vacation/tropical type of design. Its just I personally prefered Andy's design. What was Michael D. doing in the top 3?! UCK.

So let me get this straight Cassanova goes for a very nice, if not resort, design and Ivy stays for crap?! This show is starting to piss me off!!

I didn't get a grandma vibe at all from Cassanova's outfit - I thought it was elegant and classy and would be a great outfit for going out shopping or to lunch or dinner.
    WORD! His deisgn was very chic and fun. Im not saying a grandma couldn't wear it but i could definatly see a fun young lady wearing it too.

FORT Fanatic

I dont see how Cassanova lost this challenge to the most boring mail-order outfit I have ever seen. Ivy designed one of those "out of the suitcase" ill-fitting, boring outfits you see all over low end resorts.
    Granted I would have done something different with the bottom, but the top was very well tailored.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;4058310;
    I dont see how Cassanova lost this challenge to the most boring mail-order outfit I have ever seen. Ivy designed one of those "out of the suitcase" ill-fitting, boring outfits you see all over low end resorts.
    Granted I would have done something different with the bottom, but the top was very well tailored.
    I think C went home because it didn't fit the brief as resort wear (flowing or skin showing is what I took away from the judges. Or black. Black is the new light and airy???) . I thought it was cute and would have sent home Ivy because she did NOTHING but have a long skirt and top that moved when the model walked. If C would have done a different bottom and NOT say he designed with his grandmother in mind, he might have stayed????

OK. I admit it. I don't get some of the judging this year. At all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast