+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 9/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 9/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4058104;
    They didn't have to do a lot of trickery to show Ivy as a B this week...

Casanova did another grandma outfit, that's what got him booted.
    Ohhhhh. Well, he wasn't going to win the entire show, but at least he gets to show at Fashion Week. I'm thinking that Ivy might need NO edit to get the B title this year.

Quote Originally Posted by newshound;4058091;
    Heidi called out Ivy for throwing Michael D under the bus.
    Maybe she hates people who are named Michael? At first I thought, Oh they paired her with Michael C? Of course she's going to hate him.

Boo! Casanova was really growing on me.

I liked Casanova's outfit, but I'm a bit more of a modest person even on vacation. He did at least go out with a nice outfit and design IMHO - even if it was too grandmotherly.

Ivy should've been aufed for the horrible attitude and Statue of Liberty outfit. I don't get - save her witchiness (i.e. ratings) she was saved over Casanova. Even that candy bikini many years ago was at least interesting.

Wasn't happy with Mondo's attitude at the beginning of the duo working; however, I have more respect for someone who realizes his mistakes and apologizes instead of still thinking everything he's all that and a bag of chips. His outfit IMHO wasn't too bad, but it may have been too young and a little too store. Certainly though not bottom two, but I agree with the bottom three.

April's design... Oh my gosh. That is NOT resort IMHO, that's bedroom. I am glad that she made proper shorts this time, but still... :faint

The rest were meh to me, nothing really stood out.

Sadly too most of the interesting designers again are out IMHO. This could become a dull season.

Rats, I was hoping that Ivy would be aufed. Too bad Casanova left.

I do think Ivy has a horrible attitude and she micromanages. I do agree with the comments that Ivy has so little respect for the other designers that she felt she had to dumb down her design for Michael D to be able to sew it and then say that was the reason her design was boring. Why is it always someone else's fault with her?
    Last edited by Bearcata; 09-09-2010 at 11:24 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I think Mondo does pretty interesting stuff. I hope he makes it to the top three.

Mondo is quickly growing on me. I have the utmost respect for him for completely turning his attitude around and saying "I was a d*ck" in his PI. That takes some guts and someone that can recognize their mistakes and apologize. Good going!

I loved Andy's outfit. I had forgotten he did the bathing suit- I thought it was just a dress as it floated down the runway and I still loved it. It was very innovative when she removed the wrap to reveal the swimsuit. The colors were beautiful.

I didn't get Micheal D's dress at all and the judges just gushed over it. It confused me and I didn't think it looked like resortwear at all. One of the judges said something to the effect that it was perfect for the tropics. Hello??? It's BLACK. I would melt wearing black in the tropics, that's why most resortwear is flowy and light in texture and color- because it's freakin' hot in the tropics! Black? No thank you.

April's "dress" (if you can call it that) didn't scream resortwear either-it screamed bedroom. How could that guest judge say she would love to wear it on the red carpet. Seriously? Am I just old?

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4058132;
    April's "dress" (if you can call it that) didn't scream resortwear either-it screamed bedroom. How could that guest judge say she would love to wear it on the red carpet. Seriously? Am I just old?
    I'm in my late 20s, and my reaction was the same as yours. "You're supposed to wear that out in public?!!!" Alrighty then! I hated it. Looked like lingerie to me, and cheap lingerie at that. Andy's outfit was my favorite, but I didn't really see any design that I loved tonight.

And once again, I must point out how sick and tired I am of Ivy and her nonsense. She needs to go. Actually, she needed to be booted LONG before now. When it came down to her and Casanova, I figured she'd be safe just for ratings' sake. She deserved to go home, IMO.

Drama can be good for ratings, but TPTB need to get it through their thick skulls that people like Ivy turn a lot of people OFF of the show. She makes me not want to watch the show. I'm sick of her, and Gretchen as well. Although Gretchen at least didn't behave like someone raised in a barn tonight, so that's something. Small miracles and all that...

I agree with just about everyone tonight.

Mondo has been one of my favs, but I was getting worried that he was joining with the haters in bashing Michael C all the time. I was very happy to see him acknowledge his jerky attitude and turn things around. And at the end when they were sitting with their arms around each other !!

I agree with Tim's FB comments that the judges must be smoking something, WTH is wrong with them!?

THE TOP:
    Andy did a great job. His outfit was beautiful, perfect for a resort, and classy. He should have won.
    April's outfit was not great. It did look like lingerie. I agree with the PP that is was insanity to say that was appropriate for the red carpet!
    Michael's outfit was like a black sack with some cuts in the top and a bikini top underneath. It was nothing special and did not look cool or comfortable.

THE BOTTOM:
    Mondo - I didn't think his outfit was terrible, but I guess I can see the judges point that it was "junior". VERY glad that he is safe!!
    Ivy - She didn't have a design, period. I felt SO bad for her partner when she was breathing down his neck at the sewing machine. She should have gone home!!!
    Cassanova - I was realllly liking him. He was just so entertaining and generally good natured. He had a design even if the judges didn't like it.

The only thing I have to say about the middle is that I thought Gretchen's outfit was hideous. The colors were ugly and it made her skinny model look like she had droopy breasts and a poochy belly. Uck!

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

It was a close call between Casanova and Ivy. Neither's was resortwear, Casanova's being more ladies who lunch, Ivy turning out sleepwear. Casanova at least was entertaining in the work room. Ivy is just soooo uptight, I really think she should've gone home.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast