+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 9/2 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: 9/2 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;4054142;
    I love the new time frame....thought it was time to get that in. In previous seasons, it was pretty cut and dried with the same rush, rush. This season, we have a chance to see more personality and personal interaction. That may be the reason why we are all appalled at the behavior toward Mike C. Maybe in previous seasons, we just didn't get to see the cattiness.
    I think we've seen cattiness before, but didn't see this level of disdain. I haven't seen every season, but did a winning designer ever come back to the room and be met with stone cold silence?

Designs I liked this week: Mondo, Michael C., Christopher, Cassanova, Ivy (I really, really, really was hoping to hate her design).

[QUOTE=mandmmom2;4054125;] I think Mondo should have won but Michael C should have been in top 3. I do think Mondo would have won if it weren't for the hair do. They do stress how important it is to style your model and Mondo fell short in that area this week. QUOTE]

I actually liked the hairdo with the dress- I think he was going for a Mod 60's (think Austin Powers) look and I think he totally acheived that with the hair. I was surprised the judges didn't like it.

Don't hate on me but I thought Michael C's dress looked like an 80's prom gown that was shortened into a disco dress by a really bad seamstress.

While I admit I was surprised that Michael C's outfit won (I thought it was a tad too short as it was and then the cut made it too risque), The design itself was interesting and lovely.

Mondo's I think should've won, but the '60s hair kinda hurt his chances.

Casanova's outfit... well, wasn't horrible like his very first dress, but it was a little simple. It kinda reminded me of Ping on top and then he made pants. It did look good on his model though, so I think even if he didn't have immunity he'd been safe. All this said, I DO love his humor and spunk and attempting to be creative (yes, even that disaster of a dress week one - the costumer for the original "Star Trek" and Gene Roddenberry would've been thrilled with it and probably used it in an episode).

Peach - love her, but she thought WAY TOO MUCH into the dress, and that harmed her. (ironically, I had the same thing going on when I was working on a Fimo clay project at the same time the show was on - helped me correct that mistake and came out with several lovely bobbin beads.)

That said, I agree on the napkin issue on top, but the waist wasn't too bad. If she had made more of a flirty skirt with it, I think it'd been better. She still may have been Auf'd but at least she'd had a better dress to leave on.

Most of the others I was "meh" and kept going.

Gretchen and Ivy are awful toward Michael C. What's worse, they don't have the skills to truly back up their condescending remarks that imply they're better than him. At least Irina and Emilio had designs that they could back up their arrogance - and Irina won. (BTW, I loved a couple of Irina's dresses, including the wedding gown redress one. Emilio's I liked admittedly his Harlem dress, even if it was a little too simple, and one other one I can't think of off the top of my head).

I'm hoping Gretchen and Ivy are the ones Heidi's calling out in the teaser and one goes home. It was a bit foreshadowing that Casanova's comment about Gretchen and Michael C having two wins was aired.

Also, just a reminder for people - Lifetime is the king of misleading teaser trailers. I thought last week that Peach was on the chopping block for her dress, but she was in the safe and winning team last week. There is a huge chance some of the "mean team" appearance for a couple of designers is NOT true.

The only ones I'd say for sure are Gretchen and Ivy being mean in that group.

I totally want Michael C to win this now, just because everyone is so against him. I missed most of last weeks show but saw the judging part at the end where they were throwing him under the bus. Was that justified at all? Did he have that much sewing problem? What started this whole we hate Michael C mean girls campaign?

Aww, Peach. I'll miss you. A very classy exit for a classy lady. Wretchen and Poison Ivy should take note.

Gretchen is delusional and patronizing of anyone else who she deems beneath her. She often refers to others work as design 101, etc.

Ivy, on the other hand, is just plain vicious. Her venom is personal as was her attack on Michael last week. This week she conjurs up some lame arse rumor that he was telling folks not to vote for her. My take is that she saw peeps putting the buttons into his fish bowl and she went a bit postal about it. I don't understand where her venom comes from, but it's much worse than Gretchen's.

I'm quite disappointed with Andy and the others being sheep and following Gretchen and Ivy's Mean Girl Brigade.

Thankfully Casanova did not drink the kool aid, which makes him a sweetheart in my book.

The previews do make it seem that once again the Mean Girl Brigade tries to smear Michael. I would love for the judges and Tim to call them out on it.

I totally agree that Ivy just came up with the rumor that Michael C was talking about her. From the beginning she has talked like she is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but her designs sure haven't backed her up. I think she is jealous, vicious, hateful, and follows Wretchen's lead like a puppy dog.

I have liked Michael from the beginning even though I haven't always liked his designs. It seems like in a couple of early shows he asked other designers for some advice and they all took that and concluded that he can't do anything. Clearly he can, because he has shown it on the runway!

I was sad to see Peach go just because at this point I would like the nice people to stay. They can get rid of some of the haters. I am disappointed that Andy is getting caught up in the hate because I really want to like him. I hope Mondo doesn't get any more involved because I like him a lot and I thought his dress this week was great.

Didn't Ivy say that some of the people who came into the fashion display told her this about Michael C.? I wonder if PR producers put that as a bug in someone's ear so that it would cause conflict. Sorry, I'm just really suspicious of these reality/conpetition shows now. I think that things may be very distored or even staged. Maybe the producers wanted to keep the conflict going by making sure Ivy might get this false information.

It reminds of the green pea incident on Top Chef. The entire thing was shown to make one player look like he had stolen another competitor's food. As it turned out, it apparently wasn't true.

[QUOTE=Maybaybie;4054176;]
    Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4054125;
    I think Mondo should have won but Michael C should have been in top 3. I do think Mondo would have won if it weren't for the hair do. They do stress how important it is to style your model and Mondo fell short in that area this week. QUOTE]

I actually liked the hairdo with the dress- I think he was going for a Mod 60's (think Austin Powers) look and I think he totally acheived that with the hair. I was surprised the judges didn't like it.
    I liked the hair better when she was standing with Mondo during the Q & A session with the judges. The way the model/client was holding her head while walking on the runway made the style seem a little childish or just awkward Other than that I really liked it.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4054249;
    Didn't Ivy say that some of the people who came into the fashion display told her this about Michael C.? I wonder if PR producers put that as a bug in someone's ear so that it would cause conflict. Sorry, I'm just really suspicious of these reality/conpetition shows now. I think that things may be very distored or even staged. Maybe the producers wanted to keep the conflict going by making sure Ivy might get this false information.

It reminds of the green pea incident on Top Chef. The entire thing was shown to make one player look like he had stolen another competitor's food. As it turned out, it apparently wasn't true.
    I'm not sure if it was a setup or not. But I, for one, respected that Michael addressed the issue with Ivy right out in the open. She had gone around blabbing to all the other contestants that Michael was badmouthing her. If they all knew of the accusation, it was a good plan on his part to address it within the hearing of others. Otherwise, it could have been, "Michael came up to me and accused me of saying . . ." or "Michael came crying to me that he hadn't said . . . " There was no doubt that he was addressing directly to Ivy as the person who was accusing him, and doing it in such a way that he was showing he had nothing to hide.

I had something similar happen to me a few years ago at work, and addressing it calmly and politely in front of everyone who had been told (wrongly) that I had done something put them all on notice that if they were going to talk about me behind my back, they needed to be prepared to discuss it to my face as well. There were no further incidents of false accusations after that.

As that wise sage Dr. Phil often says, "People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing." I don't think Michael had anything to hide in this situation. I commend him for addressing it proactively. And the fact that Wretchen and Poison Ivy didn't like the way he handled says a lot about them. Nothing good, though.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

+ Reply to Thread