+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 9/2 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 9/2 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by watts;4054094;
    I don't get jealousy from the other designers. More of perplexity! Bewilderment, astonishment... hardly jealousy.
    It's not jealousy, it's hate and disdain and contempt. But where is it coming from? Why did it start? It's this group mind that has raised it's ugly head and it needs to be cut off.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Every season there is a designer who doesn't have the "skills, education, experience" that everyone has. So, Michael C. isn't the only one to come in this competition with less than what the others have. But that doesn't make him any less than them...personally and career wise. He is working hard. He is taking advice from the judges and Tim and evaluating his design to see what he can change yet still hold true to himself. He is getting better each week...IMO. His design may not fit everyone's liking but he is there to win by pleasing the judges...and it seems he is doing just that.

The other designers (exception of Peach and Casto) are being plain mean. I don't care what they think of his design, his skill, his taste...you don't act that way towards others. How would they like it if they were in his shoes? They wouldn't. Not everyone is going to like your style, your taste, your design. Not everyone is going to think you are the best seamstress or have the best skills. That is just the way it is. Get over it! Get over yourselves! There is always going to be someone better than you. What they did and are doing to Michael C. is jealousy, bitterness, disdain, hate, contempt, and pure evil. I have lost respect for them all.

I think Mondo should have won but Michael C should have been in top 3. I do think Mondo would have won if it weren't for the hair do. They do stress how important it is to style your model and Mondo fell short in that area this week.

The previews show once again that they all gang up on Michael C. I don't know what he has done to them but unless he is bullying them there is no reason for them to be this way.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I think this started during the "hat" challenge...they all thought Michael C's dress was too simple, but he concentrated on showcasing the hat and not the dress, and that's part of the reason he won.

Last week, Michael C's entire team was against him. This week, just about everyone was...no one congratulated him, no one stood up for him. And I'm really disappointed in the rest of the designers for that.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by watts;4054094;
    I don't get jealousy from the other designers. More of perplexity! Bewilderment, astonishment... hardly jealousy.
    Superiority, snootiness, hatefulness, cattiness, lack of class...... I don't care if you think it is totally unfair and he's a total wretch with which to deal, show some class and at least don't act like spoiled, mean, middle school kids! These people are seriously in need of a slap up side their heads. You don't have to agree with the judges, and you don't have to like him, but don't show your underbelly so willingly!

Peach must have been a super person! She just seems so loved. She also seemed like she'd be a hoot to be around. I'd love to be her friend.

I didn't think Michael C's dress was good enough to win but it seemed to me the judges let him win to P.O. the other designers who threw him under the bus last week. I don't know why the other designers don't like him. Jealousy maybe? Someone had remarked that Heidi likes short and shiny. This seemes to be true, she always likes the short-short dresses.
    Peach wasn't the best designer but she was fun, I'll miss her.
    Didn't one of the designers have an aqua blue bridesmaid dress and sent an all black design down the runway? How did he get away with that? There was nothing of that blue dress on that outfit.
    I'm not understanding the judging choices this season at all.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;4054132;
    Didn't one of the designers have an aqua blue bridesmaid dress and sent an all black design down the runway? How did he get away with that? There was nothing of that blue dress on that outfit.
    I think I heard him say he dyed the fabric.

I'm so saddened and angered by the nastiness that the designers are showing towards Michael C. Even though he gets weepy when announced as the winner, he must be a very strong person to put up with the crap that surrounds him.

Two of the women (I can't call them "ladies") were trash-talking about Gretchen when she was in the other room at the apartment. I think they'd turn on her real quick if it was advantageous to do so. What a sorry bunch of excuses for professional behavior.

I thought Gretchen's top looked like something out of the juniors department at Wal-Mart.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;4054132;
    I didn't think Michael C's dress was good enough to win but it seemed to me the judges let him win to P.O. the other designers who threw him under the bus last week. I don't know why the other designers don't like him. Jealousy maybe? Someone had remarked that Heidi likes short and shiny. This seemes to be true, she always likes the short-short dresses.
    Peach wasn't the best designer but she was fun, I'll miss her.
    Didn't one of the designers have an aqua blue bridesmaid dress and sent an all black design down the runway? How did he get away with that? There was nothing of that blue dress on that outfit. I'm not understanding the judging choices this season at all.
    My husband and I was thinking the same thing about him winning. The dress was cute, but way to short. The girl kept putting the purse in front of the slit.

If I understand it correctly, they could do anything to the gown, color included. All Heidi stated was that you had to remake the dress from the orginal.

FORT Fogey

I love the new time frame....thought it was time to get that in. In previous seasons, it was pretty cut and dried with the same rush, rush. This season, we have a chance to see more personality and personal interaction. That may be the reason why we are all appalled at the behavior toward Mike C. Maybe in previous seasons, we just didn't get to see the cattiness.

Outfits I didn't like:

Gretchen's (the girl was coming out the sides, good thing she fixed it)

Valerie's - It looked like she was representing Canada at the Olympic opening cermonies.

Ivy's - The camel toe pants were way to tight. But we couldn't figure out why it bunched up in the back. This girl really thinks shes got it going on.

April's - the girl looked like a flight attendant for American Airlines. I kept waiting for her to show me were the emergency exit doors were.

Peach - OMG! Peach what was that?????

(don't know the designer's name) - He made the plus size girl look worse.

Outfits I loved.

Mondo's - dress should have won the challenge
    Christopher's - that was nice looking.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I loved Cassanova pointing out to the group that two designers have now won twice: Gretchen and Michael C. The group dynamics is both fascinating and sad to watch. During the hat challenge, several of the designers made dismissive remarks about Michael's dress during the design process. During the runway, when he came back to the room while the judges were deliberating and told the group the judges loved his dress, he got nothing but silence. And the same when he came back and said he had one. It seems to me the other designers should be angry or disdainful of the judges if they don't like the decision, not Michael. But anyway, I don't know how it went from not liking someone's design to the pretty much the whole group being rude and not offering congratulations on the win. And it was clear to Michael at this point that something was going on, as when other designers came back, they were met with a warm group response.

In the team challenge, Gretchen pointedly ignored Michael's suggestions during the planning session. During the runway evaluation, when Gretchen got teary during one of her explanations to the judges, Michael reached for Gretchen's hand in an act of support. Then he gets thrown under the bus by the whole team except A.J. Despite the trashing by the team, when the judges told Michael he could go, Michael thanked the judges, and wished the team good luck (I'm not sure I would have had the grace to do that).

We've seen no bad behavior from Michael. And, as other posters have said, if there had been any (for example, if he had trashed Ivy at the button-voting challenge), it would have been filmed and we would have seen it. Tim's lecture about bullying and being sheep seems to have fallen on deaf ears.
    Last edited by Kip; 09-03-2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: my paragraph breaks had disappeared

+ Reply to Thread