+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 9/2 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 9/2 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I can't stand Gretchen or Ivy, but I have to give the edge to Ivy. Gretchen has a superiority and snootyness about her and it appears she thinks her garments are far and away better than everyone elses and comments on how poor Micheal C is with construction, vision, execution, etc. Ivy doesn't seem to compare her skills or garments to Micheal's, she is just downright mean and vicious. The comments on the runway last week from his fellow teamates were regarding his skills, but Ivy had to add "I don't know if it's laziness or just ignorance". That's just pure nasty. And doesn't she realize if Micheal had made those comments at the exhibit it would have been caught on camera and could have been proven? Hello???

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4054020;
    They are so mean to Michael C that I hope he goes to finale just to tick them all off. Wretchen lol is a total wench and that Ivy isn't much better. And I loved how last week they threw MC under the bus when he had IMMUNITY. What a bunch of sore losers. And I loved how last week Heidi reminded them of how beautiful his dress was when no one had the decency to congratulate him.
    Most of these people behave utterly like two year olds or, as others said, Mean Girls gone crazy. Last week was awful, and this week once again people were so nasty to Michael C. for no shown reason. All it does, IMO, is make them look jealous and petty. They're yapping away about his "poor construction skills," but the judges applauded those skills in deliberation tonight. And then he won. Priceless! Very happy for him.

The whole thing about Ivy saying Michael C. was trying to sabotage her at the viewing party/event and trash talking her... I think it's a load of crud! Much like with the "scandals" on shows like the Bachelor, IMO, if it happened, they'd have it on film. So we're supposed to believe that Michael was running his mouth off constantly about Ivy and saying all these awful things in that room full of people, and yet Lifetime didn't put one nanosecond of it on TV? Nope. Not buying it. I believe him.

Ivy and Gretchen are two of the most obnoxious contestants this show has ever seen. Gretchen's behavior last week and her continued "Oh, woe is me!" act this week, along with trashing Michael C., has officially made her my least favorite contestant, ever. When a contestant makes me start seeing varying degrees of good points in Santino, Christian, Jeffrey, and Irina (all designers I LOATHED due to their attitudes; add in Emilio too), then that's a pretty darned bad reflection on their part.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4054015;
    Comcast had technical difficulties so I missed the first 20 minutes. It does repeat on Saturday at 11pm, so I guess I will see what I missed then.
    Mylifetime.com will have the full episode up before then (or it usually does) so you may not have to wait that long. Or me for that matter, since I missed the first 20 minutes too.

While I didn't like Michael C.'s design (thought it was a bit Golden Girls on the top, hello va-jay-jay on the bottom) I'm glad he won just out of spite to the "cool kids". I'm not too perturbed with Peach's departure. Her little flounces at the end of the top did look like napkins in the front. OTOH, I hope when I'm 50 I can get my hair to behave like she rocks it. It may take me 13 years and a conversion to Lily Pulitzer, but perhaps I may have my fashion image locked down by then.

Tim's vlog on eps 4 & 5 is up on Facebook now. He had some interesting things to say about Gretchen and production. I did not know they do the runway show 2-3 times before the judges see it. Totally flabbergasted by that!

OK. I am confused. I watched the episode. I don't get the hate. Tim, please let us know what is going on. I didn't agree with the winning dress, but I do agree it was safe. Is it the fact that he has no pedigree, or is it the editing? I do know that Peach and Casanova had no problem with Michael C. Andy told Michael C about the gossip about Ivy. So it is OK to say things behind someone's back, but not in front of everyone? And Ivy would not ask his model? I haven't seen how awful he is on the show at least. I admit to being confused. What is it with all the hate? Gretchen's look was cute. Had no problem with it. Are they making Ivy the bad guy now? Tim, please help!!!!!!!!

I am so happy! Michael Costello shows up all the Mean Kids once again! I love seeing their frustration and his elation.

Peach had probably the sweetest auf weidersehn I've ever seen. What a sweetheart!

Still haven't seen a memorable garment this whole season...none of those Mean Kids have any reason to think they are better than anyone.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I wonder if it is the Ivy League looking down on the community college kid? I have gotten that "my credentials and contacts are stellar" vibe with people who, frankly, suck at what they do.

FORT Fogey

Wow! What's up with the judging this season? I think the lights are too bright (note that Nina had to shade her eyes with her notes to get a better look, specifically, at Michael C.'s dress). And, 2 words, VELVET BOW! Are we 8 (or at the prom)? Omigosh! I vomited in my mouth when he won. What are these judges smoking? Are we in Bizarro's world? I get what Gretchen's trying to say, that something tasteless can win (and twice, mind you). Makes one wonder what the heck these judges are looking for.

And I love the kid's names in Austin and Santino's show - London, Roman, and River.
    Last edited by watts; 09-03-2010 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4054050;
    Most of these people behave utterly like two year olds or, as others said, Mean Girls gone crazy. Last week was awful, and this week once again people were so nasty to Michael C. for no shown reason. All it does, IMO, is make them look jealous and petty. They're yapping away about his "poor construction skills," but the judges applauded those skills in deliberation tonight. And then he won. Priceless! Very happy for him.

The whole thing about Ivy saying Michael C. was trying to sabotage her at the viewing party/event and trash talking her... I think it's a load of crud! Much like with the "scandals" on shows like the Bachelor, IMO, if it happened, they'd have it on film. So we're supposed to believe that Michael was running his mouth off constantly about Ivy and saying all these awful things in that room full of people, and yet Lifetime didn't put one nanosecond of it on TV? Nope. Not buying it. I believe him.

Ivy and Gretchen are two of the most obnoxious contestants this show has ever seen. Gretchen's behavior last week and her continued "Oh, woe is me!" act this week, along with trashing Michael C., has officially made her my least favorite contestant, ever. When a contestant makes me start seeing varying degrees of good points in Santino, Christian, Jeffrey, and Irina (all designers I LOATHED due to their attitudes; add in Emilio too), then that's a pretty darned bad reflection on their part.
    If Michael was trashing Ivy they would have shown it. He didn't do it and she was mean which seems to be a trend for her. Wretchen is no better and it seems to be a gang mentality now against him. The only one who didn't seem hateful towards him after he won was Casanova. They should have all congratulated him. Classless.

And winning again was brilliant and Casanova pointed out he had 2 wins same as Wretchen which made it look like her head was going to explode. And now he has immuniyt next week and I bet they all whine he should go home the whole epi knowing he can't. lol I hope he wins again just to watch them whine. I really hope he makes it to the finale and if he won I'd be thrilled.

Heidi seemed ecstatic he did such nice work and Nina called the others mean. They know he can sew. Do these idiot contestants really think they know more than these pros? Sore losers. I wish we could boot Wretchen, Poison Ivy, and April Showers all in one epi. Andy wasn't too nice either and I think Mondo might get into next week too. So much for Mondo being sensitive when he knows what being an outcast is like.

They're jealous he is beating them. Flat out jealous.

FORT Fogey

Next week (Sept. 9, Thursday) is NYFW. So all the designers not eliminated last night (sorry Peach) gets to show.
    Last edited by watts; 09-03-2010 at 06:09 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4054091;
    They're jealous he is beating them. Flat out jealous.
    I don't get jealousy from the other designers. More of perplexity! Bewilderment, astonishment... hardly jealousy.

+ Reply to Thread