+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

8/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion in here until 1:30AM ET, 10:30PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: 8/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

LOVED, LOVED LOVED Tim Gunn calling Gretchen out!!!

I am UBER ANGRY at Gretchen!! I do agree that she was manipulative and soo very happy that Tim called her out! Especially because of the results. :[ And good to see that Casanova FINALLY got his crap together, even after he threw a tantrum, lol!

The one thing I was SO upset about was how Gretchen stated that they weren't going to throw anyone under the bus and then BAM... Everyone threw Michael C under the bus. That was just BS. I hate her!! Ugh.
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

FORT Regular

Fascinating show! Too bad nobody is here to talk about it. I am glad Tim Gunn told Team Luxe off. Gretchen bullied them around, but they were lemmings for following her for the entire challenge. Michael Kors had the perfect metaphor when he said you don't have to jump off a bridge just because others are doing it.

The entire team compromised their artistic integrity just because Gretchen steamrolled over them. Seems like they sold their souls pretty cheaply. I was surprised that the judges didn't give them a harder time for their styling, which was pretty lame and mostly Gretchen's doing.

I think Gretchen will have a hard time winning this season after being so obnoxious in front of the judges.

Gretchen you beyotch. Should have gone home because you were completely responsible for that entire collection. I honestly do believe that the producers stepped in and saved her just because she is such a villain.

Ivy, hateful, spiteful, ugly piece of DNA in the way she treated Michael C.

Michael C. was very classy how he handled the venom thrown at him during the judge's panel. Considering Gretchen was totally responsible for the look and feel of the collection I can't see how she could blame it all on Michael C.

Tim Gunn has only risen higher in my eyes. Thank you for telling off Team Luxe. I can't wait to listen to his Vlog on Facebook.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm also sad there isn't many people here to talk! I do think the only reason Gretchen really stayed was because she's done so well in the past, but I also think she will have a hard time winning after this episode, especially... Like in past seasons, your attitude MATTERS!
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

Gretchen was hoping that everyone would agree with her not to throw anyone under the bus because she knew that she designed that whole ugly collection. There was only one more thing I wish Tim would have said "Michael C, go kick Gretchen's a#@"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

After reading all your comments, I can't WAIT for the show to come on here!

FORT Fogey

Okay, to be perfectly honest, I didn't get home from a choir practice until shortly after nine, so about all I saw was the losing team trying to defend their designs. OMG. All I could think was, "Gretchen, shut up!" I suddenly realized that the reason she bugs me is she reminds me of someone in my choir who corrects everyone constantly (and by constantly, I mean I timed her--in one ten minute time period, she made eight corrections and loud enough for everyone to hear). She is talented, and I'm sure, like Gretchen, she views herself as offering helpful suggestions, but after a while, she just sucks the joy out of the whole process of learning and performing the music.

Anyway, I wish Gretchen had gone home just because she never let anyone else get a word in edgewise (although perhaps they felt if they just let her keep talking, she'd talk her way out the door), and in the course of minutes, she did a total one eighty in her opinion of the collection. She even had the nerve to tell the judges how they ought to decide who should go home.

When Tim read the losing team the riot act at the end of the show, I wanted to shout out, "Go Tim!" Honestly, someone needed to tell those designers to stop letting other people run their shows, so to speak.

I also didn't understand why everyone was ganging up on Mike. I didn't see the rest of the show, so maybe he really did need that much help, but even if he did, they knew he had immunity, so there was really no point to ganging up on him like that (and I don't particularly like his designs myself). Unfortunately, I knew as soon as A.J. admitted he was the next weakest, because he didn't work within what he knew was his style, that he was going home. If he hadn't said that, perhaps Gretchen might have---which is why I really hated her telling the judges that they should choose to keep the people they wanted to see more from, because she knew that, having already won a couple of challenges, that that was the equivalent of saying, "Save me and send home one of these other losers." And everyone up there with her knew it too.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4049450;

Ivy, hateful, spiteful, ugly piece of DNA in the way she treated Michael C.
    Yes, I think she sealed the deal for me the episode so that she is now definitely my least favorite PR contestant ever.

From what we've seen so far, no talent, way too high an opinion of her work, ugly attitude, and unnecessarily mean.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast