+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 8/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Loved Tim Gunn going after Gretchen. I wish Gretchen had gone home! Glad Cassanova won. I don't think his little sad sack momenet was that bad. I think if people had accepted him at his word that he just needed a break to recollect himself it would have been less of a big deal than it was. But, all those on his team were freaked out that he might leave and not finish his garment thereby putting them up for elimination so they were all over him which made hhim just want to sulk more. I think his model was perfect at uplifting him and giving him the refreshing kick he needed. I think all of team luxe were horrible with what they did to michael c. Especially that they continued to harp on it when the judges kept telling them to exclude talking about him but they kept at it. It's like they were going to keep their lets not point the finger at anyone rule but, it didn't count when it came to michael. Ivy & AJ new they had to do something because their outfits were pointed at as the worst initially. Don't even get me started on the monster that is gretchen. All in all very happy and excited that team military & lace won!!

FORT Fogey

Grandpa got it wrong, again. I don't remember Gretchen bullying anyone. Everyone was in agreeance with her, there was no arm twisting involved. It was one of those things that looked good on paper but failed in the execution. I am an avid Gretchen fan and I loved her dress. And I honestly thought she was trying to help everyone so the whole team would be safe. And their collection was cohesive but allocating the pieces to different people was a bad decision because the proportions were off. But Ivy's was all hers and was completely awful. And AJ deserved to be eliminated because of the bad shirtdress (considering he attempted at it several times and he did say he wanted to show the judges that he was capable of doing tailoring although it just proved that he can't). And also Gretchen's change in tone could be attributed to her stress spreading herself too thin and not seeing the complete collection for what it truly. And in an afterthought, after it was pointed out to her, she does see the mistakes. And, come on, Michael C. is a horrible designer with horrible skills and horrible taste. It wasn't like they were throwing someone fabulously talented (and therefore, a threat) under the bus. And he had immunity. It would have been worse throwing AJ (oh, please!) under the bus considering he doesn't have immunity (tongue in cheek). Anyway, Tim should have been nice to her. Afterall, the grandpa sweater was obviously an homage to him.

I loved Austin's (Santino barely helped) wedding dress. And I loved that it was convertible.

Kao

I can't WAIT until Lifetime posts this episode online Saturday so I can watch it!

I was so glad Team Underdog won. Casanova and Peach were so down on themselves and I think it gave them a huge boost of confidence to win. I am glad Casanova won for best outfit.
    I think it was Ok for Gretchen to take the leadership role but she blew it at judging. She just kept talking and talking and digging that hole deeper. I was thinking to myself ' shut up already!' I think being in the bottom two will knock her down a peg or two and AJ really did deserve to go home.
    Tim is being very snarky this season for some reason, not sure I like seeing him that way.

Didn't you think it was funny when Cassonova was crying about Tim's comment he also said through his tear "And I think I'm gaining weight too"

All kidding aside. I thought Gretchen and Ivy should have went home. That mess Ivy made was hidious. Now the grandpa sweater. Who would want to wear that across their butt? I thought the whole Luxe collection was a hot mess.

I want that blouse and pant that Cassanova made. Totally hot!

I too was glad that Tim put team Luxe in their place. Because they were all wrong for their attitude towards Michael C. Especially Ivy who keeps saying that she's up their with Gretchen when it comes to designing. "Girlfriend you haven't made anything worth sending down a runway."

I agree with almost everyone here. I was floored by Grethchen's attitude. And Ivy's. Seems to me some of these "designers" need to take a communications class or a class on etiquette speaking and attitude class.

My respect for Tim went up even more. He sees more than the judges and more than us so I believe there was a reason he did what he did...besides what we saw.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by watts;4049615;
    Grandpa got it wrong, again. I don't remember Gretchen bullying anyone. Everyone was in agreeance with her, there was no arm twisting involved. It was one of those things that looked good on paper but failed in the execution. I am an avid Gretchen fan and I loved her dress. And I honestly thought she was trying to help everyone so the whole team would be safe. And their collection was cohesive but allocating the pieces to different people was a bad decision because the proportions were off. But Ivy's was all hers and was completely awful. And AJ deserved to be eliminated because of the bad shirtdress (considering he attempted at it several times and he did say he wanted to show the judges that he was capable of doing tailoring although it just proved that he can't). And also Gretchen's change in tone could be attributed to her stress spreading herself too thin and not seeing the complete collection for what it truly. And in an afterthought, after it was pointed out to her, she does see the mistakes. And, come on, Michael C. is a horrible designer with horrible skills and horrible taste. It wasn't like they were throwing someone fabulously talented (and therefore, a threat) under the bus. And he had immunity. It would have been worse throwing AJ (oh, please!) under the bus considering he doesn't have immunity (tongue in cheek). Anyway, Tim should have been nice to her. Afterall, the grandpa sweater was obviously an homage to him.

I loved Austin's (Santino barely helped) wedding dress. And I loved that it was convertible.
    I am not a Gretchen fan at all, however, I was glad she stood her ground with the judges last night. I think it was good someone stood up to them for once. I don't think she was disrespectful at all and I don't think she caused them to lose. If the guy who went home had done a decent job on that dress, he would'nt have lost. Blaming Gretchen was a cop out.

As much as I love Tim, I don't think he should have inserted his opinion regarding Gretchen. That was something the contestants should sort out for themselves. I hope he apologizes for saying it. An employee of the contest should never show favortism in that way. I think Tim just lost it and then he probably regretted it. Still love Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4049498;

(I am interested in next week's challenge - because there are not many more variations to "new models" they can do that I can think of right now).

The next challenge is remaking
    Click to see Spoiler:
    bridesmaid's dresses
    into something wearable.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4049736;
    I am not a Gretchen fan at all, however, I was glad she stood her ground with the judges last night. I think it was good someone stood up to them for once. I don't think she was disrespectful at all and I don't think she caused them to lose. If the guy who went home had done a decent job on that dress, he would'nt have lost. Blaming Gretchen was a cop out.

As much as I love Tim, I don't think he should have inserted his opinion regarding Gretchen. That was something the contestants should sort out for themselves. I hope he apologizes for saying it. An employee of the contest should never show favortism in that way. I think Tim just lost it and then he probably regretted it. Still love Tim.
    You need to go to Tim's Facebook site and listen to his Vlogs, explains alot because he with the contestants a lot. Gretchen has issues which he has mentioned. He also says that this season was filmed in 30 days.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;4049689;
    Didn't you think it was funny when Cassonova was crying about Tim's comment he also said through his tear "And I think I'm gaining weight too"
    I thought I heard something to that affect, but nothing more was said so I thought I was hearing things. When I think back to that now, I think it is hilarious...just like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum. If he only stomped his feet a few times, it would have been totally complete. So funny!

+ Reply to Thread