+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 8/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

With the new longer format you get to see a lot of the backstabbing the designers are doing to each other. Brutal, brutal, brutal. Does Ivy even realize what is coming out of her mouth.

I am definitely rooting for Team Underdog. I want Team Luxe all gone preferably with their spirits totally crushed under the heels of the Underdogs.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The only person on Team Luxe I liked was Andy... He's very quite though, so who knows? Well before poor AJ got sent packing! Ugh. Ivy was just cruel... I also thought Michael handled the criticism very well and I felt so bad when he got teary-eyed. :[
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by volatility;4049467;
    Ugh. Ivy was just cruel... I also thought Michael handled the criticism very well and I felt so bad when he got teary-eyed. :[
    I wish that Tim had included something about the way they treated Michael when he spoke to the group at the end. Not only were they mean to Michael, they were also rude to the judges who deemed him worthy of a win in the previous challenge. I know that some here felt that Michael C's win was debatable, but I think it's really obnoxious to be a participant and snub the judge's decision. It feels like insubordination, to me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LovesBoots;4049443;
    LOVED, LOVED LOVED Tim Gunn calling Gretchen out!!!
    If I didn't already love Tim Gunn, I would have fallen for him tonight. He had every right to call Gretchen out, and I didn't feel the least bit sorry for her when she was whimpering about big bad Tim calling her out and making her cry.

You have to really be pushing it to make Tim Gunn that mad--and she deserved every single word he said. More really, but he's too much of a gentlemen to use words stronger than manipulative.

Of course, the others were stupid to let her take over, but perhaps they'll take to heart what Tim said. From her attitude after Tim's scolding, I doubt Gretchen will.

Too bad Tim Gunn doesn't have veto power and told AJ to stay and kicked Gretchen's skinny butt out the door.
    I didn't like her the minute she opened her whiny mouth on the season opener.
    Then when she won the second challenge over Valerie (??) I really, REALLY didn't like her.
    It should have been her or Ivy leaving tonight.

I got ticked at Cassanova for being a cry baby and everyone else who went and coddled him.

I loved Mondo's look. He's been very consistant to me.

Before the show even started, I really liked Mondo from looking at his little profile on Lifetime's website... He has a great aesthetic!

I was also irritated at Casanova's baby moment and then he turns around and wins? Seriously.
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

FORT Regular

Yes, the group did coddle Casanova, but I thought his pants really were fabulous and deserving of the win. His blouse didn't strike me as that wonderful, though. Meh.

I had a hard time with the chain and buttons on Peaches' dress. The color was pretty great, though.

I'm disappointed that Casanova threw a temper tantrum (I didn't get to see the first part and only have of their runway). That said it appeared he learned his lesson and made a very nice outfit. I have to admit I liked Peach's a little bit better than his (I wasn't fond of what looked like nude material under the lace on his) but it was definitely deserving.

Now - I hope two things 1. The temper tantrum was just a wake up call and he doesn't either regress into another tantrum nor gets too damn cocky, and 2. he keeps up his design work here.

And frankly, Team Underdog's outfits most definitely felt as a collection and complimented each other. They were pretty if nothing else - Even if they WEREN'T cohesive, they looked a whole heck of a lot more luxe than "Team Luxe's" designs.

Now, speaking of team Luxe...

Are you seriously kidding me here? You guys thought you'd win because your stuff matched like this?

The set looked very cheap - and I don't mean the costs either sadly. It was also quite boring IMHO - the details in the Underdog's designs made me look for them the others on Luxe's I was like "meh."

Their attitudes were horrible on the runway - and even if Underdog's had rough spots in the workroom, at least they kept them at bay on the runway, while Luxe here didn't.

Gretchen's attitude on the runway was horrible, as was IMHO Ivy's and AJ's. I think had they not done a double elimination a couple of weeks ago, she'd been gone along with AJ (who I feel was auf'd because he did one outfit and it was plain). She definitely put herself on the radar for a future elimination for her attitude this week - and unlike say Irina or Emilio from the past couple of seasons - she doesn't have the skills to back it up (at least right now).

Tim's comments - wow... while I have to knock him a little bit (even if it isn't his fault) for doing this in front of the winning team, I have to give him major props for doing his version of yelling at them. He was totally spot on from what I felt, and I think if he could've, he'd saved AJ and eliminated Gretchen - who he really had vitriol for. Yeah... you have to royally peeve him in order for him to even raise his voice (he's almost like Ben Stein in how well he keeps his monotone voice), and I'm glad he gave them a wake up call. I agree though that I don't think Gretchen will get it until she's eliminated.

So... designs - Peach and Casanova were very lovely, but so was the whole set.

Team Luxe really needs to wake up - and hopefully this slap in the face with a trout (proverbially) will do such a thing. They are unique yes, but they're not as good as they think they are if they let someone order them around like Gretchen did. All paid the price on that team for it.

(I am interested in next week's challenge - because there are not many more variations to "new models" they can do that I can think of right now).

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Oh man...was this a great episode or what!!!

I'm so glad the judges called Gretchen out a couple of times about totally changing her tune from, "I'm so proud of this collection and love it!" to "I had to try to style and save a crappy collection." Oh, is that girl full of herself or what! Tim was great!

And all of them are stupid to boot. Why keep trying to throw someone under the bus who has impenetrable armor on???? Did they think if they all ganged up on him the judges would say, "We know Michael has immunity, but since you all agree that he is the worst, we will send him home." They all just made themselves look bad.

I thought it should have been a toss up between AJ and Ivy. Ivy's look was much worse, but she did make more pieces.

Best episode of the season by far. Craziest runway judging since Santino's lingerie and Andrae's crying.

And Tim Gunn...WOO HOO! I'm so glad he cut through the crap and called out Gretchen for being the psycho she is.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread