+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 8/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 8/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Just saw Tim's vlog on Facebook. He says the judges have Gretchen on a pedestal because she won the first two challenges. He thought she should have gone home.

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4053706;
    Just saw Tim's vlog on Facebook. He says the judges have Gretchen on a pedestal because she won the first two challenges. He thought she should have gone home.

I agree.
    Thanks for letting us know. It was nice he talked about both eps. I didn't know that the hat designer was sorry he said not to use the colors in the hat and that, had Kristen used the colors, she would have been his top pick. Instead, she went home.

Also he explained about Gretchen. It was the runway that pushed him over the edge. Frustration turned to anger. He also said that he didn't think Gretchen was kept because of the drama, but because the judges can't forget her first two looks and have a soft sport for her.

I also liked that he said they both decided to take the high road and not speak of the incident again. At first, Gretchen told the producers she wanted to speak to him alone. Tim said nothing happens in private, but he was waiting all next episode for Gretchen to approach him and she did not.

I thought Ivy and AJ will be bottom 2 but I guess the judges didn't like how Gretchen lead the team. Basically the entire collection was based on her ideas and so rightfully she should take the fall. She herself admitted to it. But I would have preferred Ivy to be eliminated. She thinks she's so much better when in actuality she's mediocre. She has a false sense of superiority even treating Michael really bad. AJ at least is a realist and knows if he made a mediocre product.

There seems to be a pattern...a designer is in a brink of a meltdown then turns around and wins the challenge (i.e. Michael, Casanova)

So....why does no one like Michael? Am I missing something?
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

I agree with you. I am puzzled by everyone's attitude toward him

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;4049961;
    I think you put it well. I don't think it's bullying when you just say your opinion of somebody's lack of skills. If Gretchen "bullied" anyone then so did Tim.
    Gretchen promote herself to take on Tim's role in the workroom by making announcement to the other contestants....such as, was it to make sure they clean up their spaces?...and other directions, and to be an unofficial mentor with unsolicited advice for weeks. She deserves to be knocked down a few pegs. And from what I remembered, Tim addressed the other members of team luxe, not Gretchen, for letting her take over the project.

Sorry, I'm not buying Michael C's act. Never have and never will. Is there some bullying going on? Probably but I seriously doubt he is completely innocent. I think for the most part these people go into this thing prepared to at least be civil to one another but when the entire crew turns on him? There is a reason and I don't buy that they are all brain washed by one particular person.

Plus, Peach was a sweet woman and for her to be commenting that there is a reason for that disdain? Well it cements my initial thought that this guy is hardly the innocent victim. Plus I just do not like him, he seems to be playing a role and it is very transparent to me. He gives me the creeps, sorry guys but he really does.

Also it is not an assumption that Tim flew off the handle for no good reason. There was no video proof of Gretchen bullying anyone and if there had been then they should not have edited it out because it made Tim's rant appear to come out of nowhere. They should have left any bullying or strong arming or whatever intact to back up Tim's rant.

Peach was the only one I really liked this season and I'm so sad she's gone. Now I think I will back either Casanova or Mondo because they amuse me and the ability to keep me entertained is definitely a good thing lol. Doesn't hurt that they seem to be above or have removed themselves from the majority of the drama (or so the editing will have us believe).

Just to be clear, I don't care for Gretchen or Ivy or Valerie. However, I think that Gretchen may not be evil. Ivy is. Gretchen actually thinks she is helping, one of the designers said that about her. That she didn't "have a mean bone in her body" and thought she was helping. She just comes off as bossy instead of helpful but she'll figure it out.

Ivy is just a nasty piece of work.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 09-07-2010 at 07:55 PM.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Tim said in an interview that Gretchen actually thanked him for the intervention (my word). He said he grew fond of her,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011