+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

8/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion in here until 1:30AM ET, 10:30PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: 8/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

*smacks every single designer* CHANGE YOUR MODELS. Seriously they all had the chance and wanted to be friends instead. Force them to change! I'm glad that the challenge is bold though, lets hope they can pull it together with huge creations.

Wow am I the only one here? What happened? *eternal crickets*
    Runway in a minute, it looks like it will be good. More creative and avant things to come.

Am I the only one disagreeing with the judge's critique's tonight? They did not like Christopher's??? That was the best one in my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by xiphoid76;4043406;
    Am I the only one disagreeing with the judge's critique's tonight? They did not like Christopher's??? That was the best one in my mind!
    I didn't like it either. It was so harsh and overdone. It reminded me of a mall version of Bjork's homogenic cover. Just too much. But Kristen will be going I hope. It was so sloppy... color, fabric, not flattering, looks sloppy, I have no idea what she was thinking.

FORT Fogey

I missed almost all of the ending of the show, because they broke in with a thunderstorm warning that took forever, as they had to go through each and every single tiny town covered and when the storm might arrive there (and as I write this, I missed the beginning of Austin and Santino as well, because they had to add another county and another slew of towns to the warning). What was their explanation for declaring April "in," when, as Tim pointed out, she created a badly fitted diaper--and if you're going to have a diaper bottom, don't have it sag in the back. The imagery that brings up is most unpleasant.

On a completely unrelated note, I realized April reminds me of Nicole Bobek. But then, I have figure skating on the brain.

And if I sounded cavalier about the storm warning, it's only because we've had so many of them this summer that it would be easier if they announced when we weren't in a thunderstorm watch/warning.

Yep, Kristen is gone. phew

I found it Michael winning very revealing of Casanova's lack of taste. He said Michael's dress was like a dress every girl in Puerto Rico has. Um, I don't think so.

Ivy was jealous as HELL. What an ego. When Michael won she said "What the ****" off camera and was so jealous that she and Gretchen were not in the top. Boo hoo. Seemed like nobody was happy for Michael though, not sure why though. When he announced he won, no big celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4043439;
    (and as I write this, I missed the beginning of Austin and Santino as well, because they had to add another county and another slew of towns to the warning). What was their explanation for declaring April "in," when, as Tim pointed out, she created a badly fitted diaper--and if you're going to have a diaper bottom, don't have it sag in the back. The imagery that brings up is most unpleasant.
    They said that April had the right theme, and the top was ok. They didn't actually see it as a diaper or mention the word diaper at all. They said it looked like a "triple panty" instead. Also she made 2 pieces, not a dress.

You didn't miss much of ANYTHING on A&S. Program guide should cover that. Except well you may have missed Austin driving crazy during a go kart race.
    Last edited by Endit; 08-19-2010 at 10:46 PM.

Kinda nice to see with the extra 30 minutes all the designer discussion in the waiting room and back at the apartments.

I think it is getting pretty obvious if Tim, the designers like it the judges will not. Still I thought Christopher had a nice outfit and perhaps would have looked better with different styling and no leggings.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Michael C's winning design was a weak-coffee version of a Rami drape dress for me. Super-common at this point (hello, every prom dress for 2 years), and for once, Casanova was right. Maybe not every girl in PR has one, but every girl could get one. To my eye, Christopher's was far and away the best, though not styled the best with the booties.

I kept wanting Kristin to go with a light, diaphanous fabric, but she went with the heavy sateens. All in all, it was a good choice for an "auf" but a bad choice for a win. The "father's day" business was sooooo Lifetime, Television for Women.

Other than that, I want to say I'm going to miss Tim's vblog this week--he's out for 2 weeks--and Gretchen should dial down the blush a bit, maybe by 11.

I loved Christopher's outfit too (I'm trying to make sure I got it right and it was the black top and grey leggings).

That said, I do agree with the judges on one point - it was a tad too harsh, and the tights weren't quite fitting. I thought they sagged in the crotch myself. If he added just a softer color, it'd still complimented the hat and looked gorgeous. I loved the top myself - it's reminiscent of something I had seen Kate Middleton (Prince William's girlfriend) wear in a People magazine (though not as frilly). He made it look film noir, which is fine, but I think a nice complementing color to the black hat would've done it and he'd been in the top three.

Speaking of top three - I'm kinda the same on the winner and the other designer that was second. I do think the runner-up this round had a more interestingly designed outfit that matched his hat. But, the judges as I've noticed tend to have weirder senses of style than myself.

Gretchen and Ivy need to get over themselves. Their outfits were good, but safe - I've seen styles with similar hats before.

Casanova's outfit - at least first glance - actually wasn't bad this week. It IS foreshadowing a bit (good or bad you decide) that he mentioned that he and April had been in the bottom two twice.

April's outfit - not bad given the hat actually - it had an interesting take. That said... the britches weren't well-made and that's why she was in the bottom two. Maybe if she had made the shorts a little longer they'd been better - I think the hot pants didn't work as well. You can tell in here though that she is the recent graduate because it's not strong work.

The others were nice tonight. I didn't get to see all the show so I don't get the whole thing regarding Peach's outfit. That said... hers was lovely, but she's starting to get a bit one-note in her designs. If she keeps this up, she will end up in the bottom three again.

I'll have to look at the designs later on before I can give anymore critique. That said... with a few exceptions, this season is boring me. I think last year we had more interesting designs and designers - even if some outfits made us all go ??? deluxe (Epperson's washer bikini anyone?)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast