+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by xiphoid76;4043406;
    Am I the only one disagreeing with the judge's critique's tonight? They did not like Christopher's??? That was the best one in my mind!
    I'm late to the party...but what was up with the judges, not just last night, but this was the 2nd or 3rd time that Tim's advice seemed different from the judges end critique??

old cow

I've gotta say how disappointed I was in the designers last night. The claws were out and it was not pretty. Ok, so you don't think Christopher C. should have won but the CONSTANT complaining, whinning, and child like gossipy behavior was atrocious. Designers in high school, thats what season 8 is all about?? Not pretty

Did anyone else think April's hat looked like something out of Dr. Suess or maybe a Tim Burton movie? I was really disappointed in her and thought she should have gone. She had the funniest, funkiest hat out there and she turned out a diaper with a poop zipper.

If Tim Gunn says your shorts look like a diaper then CHANGE THEM! Good grief, don't these people ever learn?

I liked Christopher's outfit, but the styling was awful and drug it down.

My fave outfit was Andy's hot pink amazing number. I thought he should have made top 3.

Kristen gets an orchid hat and uses black for the body of her dress? She should have chosen a lighter fabric. Her dress was a hot mess.

Wrechen, er, Gretchen and Ivy are catty beyotches, and I just can't root for them.

Michael D. and Andy are so far my faves.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4043911;
    If Tim Gunn says your shorts look like a diaper then CHANGE THEM! Good grief, don't these people ever learn?

I liked Christopher's outfit, but the styling was awful and drug it down.

My fave outfit was Andy's hot pink amazing number. I thought he should have made top 3.

Kristen gets an orchid hat and uses black for the body of her dress? She should have chosen a lighter fabric. Her dress was a hot mess.

Wrechen, er, Gretchen and Ivy are catty beyotches, and I just can't root for them.

Michael D. and Andy are so far my faves.
    I could see her using a green jade or some other shade of green and try to go for a stem like feel to the dress. Maybe that would be too literal but it would have been better than the black.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;4043878;
    I've gotta say how disappointed I was in the designers last night. The claws were out and it was not pretty. Ok, so you don't think Christopher C. should have won but the CONSTANT complaining, whinning, and child like gossipy behavior was atrocious. Designers in high school, thats what season 8 is all about?? Not pretty

Did anyone else think April's hat looked like something out of Dr. Suess or maybe a Tim Burton movie? I was really disappointed in her and thought she should have gone. She had the funniest, funkiest hat out there and she turned out a diaper with a poop zipper.

Guess they've never heard of being a gracious loser. Don't understand all the Michael C hate. Is it because he's the only straight guy there?

And yes, I immediately thought of Dr Seuss when I saw that hat. I'm sure something very similar to it is in one of his books.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by watts;4043638;
    Did you mean Emilio Sosa's?
    I mean him... oops.

But yes... that's him. Wonder where I'm getting Epperson from?

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4043911;
    Ivy especially went down in my esteem after that. I wish Tim was vlogging this ep so we could see his take on it. (Tim's on vacation from what I remember, for about two weeks)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;4044299;
    Ivy especially went down in my esteem after that. I wish Tim was vlogging this ep so we could see his take on it. (Tim's on vacation from what I remember, for about two weeks)
    Nick Verreos, Season Two Project Runway Alum, is blogging on the official Lifetime Project Runway site:

Nick Verreos' Blog | myLifetime.com

FORT Fogey

I don't get it. When Christian Siriano was proclaiming that he was the best in his season (yup, so true) and was critical about the other designers, no one said he was a pr**k. But Gretchen gives her 2 cents in, she's a b***h. Is there a double-standard going on? When women criticize, the claws are on. And I agree with the "befuddlement" after the Michael C. win because I was expecting him to be in the bottom 3. And who knows if it went on and on (it could have been the editing). And what fun would we have watching reality shows if everyone was gracious?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ladygreco;4044461;
    Nick Verreos, Season Two Project Runway Alum, is blogging on the official Lifetime Project Runway site:

Nick Verreos' Blog | myLifetime.com

Well,guess I'm not the only one who got a Nicole Bobek vibe from April. Nick Verreos, designer and fellow figure skating fan, got one as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast