+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 8/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I loved Christopher's outfit too (I'm trying to make sure I got it right and it was the black top and grey leggings).

That said, I do agree with the judges on one point - it was a tad too harsh, and the tights weren't quite fitting. I thought they sagged in the crotch myself. If he added just a softer color, it'd still complimented the hat and looked gorgeous. I loved the top myself - it's reminiscent of something I had seen Kate Middleton (Prince William's girlfriend) wear in a People magazine (though not as frilly). He made it look film noir, which is fine, but I think a nice complementing color to the black hat would've done it and he'd been in the top three.

Speaking of top three - I'm kinda the same on the winner and the other designer that was second. I do think the runner-up this round had a more interestingly designed outfit that matched his hat. But, the judges as I've noticed tend to have weirder senses of style than myself.

Gretchen and Ivy need to get over themselves. Their outfits were good, but safe - I've seen styles with similar hats before.

Casanova's outfit - at least first glance - actually wasn't bad this week. It IS foreshadowing a bit (good or bad you decide) that he mentioned that he and April had been in the bottom two twice.

April's outfit - not bad given the hat actually - it had an interesting take. That said... the britches weren't well-made and that's why she was in the bottom two. Maybe if she had made the shorts a little longer they'd been better - I think the hot pants didn't work as well. You can tell in here though that she is the recent graduate because it's not strong work.

The others were nice tonight. I didn't get to see all the show so I don't get the whole thing regarding Peach's outfit. That said... hers was lovely, but she's starting to get a bit one-note in her designs. If she keeps this up, she will end up in the bottom three again.

I'll have to look at the designs later on before I can give anymore critique. That said... with a few exceptions, this season is boring me. I think last year we had more interesting designs and designers - even if some outfits made us all go ??? deluxe (Epperson's washer bikini anyone?)

Sorry for the double post - I think my computer thinks it's a sewing machine that must slam the needle into the fabric twice in the same place.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4043599;
    I think last year we had more interesting designs and designers - even if some outfits made us all go ??? deluxe (Epperson's washer bikini anyone?)
    Did you mean Emilio Sosa's?

FORT Fogey

Ivy's in competition-mode all the time. She was getting inspiration in the hospital. And why was she referring tp milliner Philip Treacy as just Treacy? And I love the hats (I have 2 trilbies, I don't think I can get away wearing those like Issy Blow or Daphne Guiness) and thought the challenge was very difficult. And as proof, a mall dress won a challenge more fitting for a couture or avant garde look. I thought Michael D.'s should have won hands down. And I agree with Kristen going because her looks always seem unfinished and odd-looking. And Casanova's dress was not bad. I thought Peach is always doing the same thing. But for next week's preview, trouble seems to be brewing. 2 groups of 6 and it seems the bottom team has Michael C., Gretchen, and Ivy.

I am not understanding the judging this season. I am not a fashion expert, I just know what I think looks good to me. That said: I think some of the outfits that were 'safe' should have been questioned. Peach's outfit looked like it had nothing at all to do with the hat. Mondo's outfit looked silly. The outfit that won just looked thrown together. I didn't like April's bootie shorts but the top was OK. I liked Kristen, I was sorry to see her go.
    Gretchen needs to get over herself. She wins two challenges and now she thinks she's Tim Jr.

Last night was quite interesting. Here is my take:

Andy - love the pink suit worked well with the hat. One of my favorite designer

Mondo - odd but it actually worked well with the hat. He always stay true to his designes. One of my favorites.

AJ - A vast improvement from the coochie party dress. The poka dot dress was well made but I don't think it worked with the hat.

Peaches - dress was too tight and didn't do anything for that beautiful hat.

Michael D - beautiful outfit should have won. Everything worked. I especially love the top. The skirt was cute.

Michael C - I thought it was boring to be honest but a vast improvement from the first design.

Christopher - fabric was too heavy and the oufit made the model look like a guard at Buckingham Place

Casanova - black dress was very well made, but boring. I'm glad he played it safe and didn't design another T-Rex outfit. lol!!

Ivy - colors were too bland and the outfit was totally workwear and the shoe choice made it look worse. Man, where did she get this elitist attitude? She is not one of the top three designers, so she really needs to dial it down a bit (got that statement from my kids...ha ha)

Kristen - dress was a hot mess and a trip hazard to boot. Nice person but as a designer, she stinks. Never liked anything she sent down the runway.

April - Okay, I get the concept but the execution was way off. Had she made the shorts longer, possibly boy cut or a nice white skinny jean (minus the pink and that black zipper of course) it might have worked. She has some potential.

Gretchen - she really didn't put her all into it last night. I didn't like the pants, but the top was cute. She's another one with the elitist attitude. ("Pump your brakes girlfriend because you haven't won yet).

Quote Originally Posted by xiphoid76;4043406;
    Am I the only one disagreeing with the judge's critique's tonight? They did not like Christopher's??? That was the best one in my mind!

That's what I thought. I know they are professionals, but I still think they have lost their minds. Except for the guy who came in second, I can't recall his name, I totally disagreed with the panel. What they liked, I disliked. And the guy who won. OMG. That dress did nothing for me at all. He's a nice guy, but boy did they throw him a bone.

I liked Christopher's black and white dress. It was NOT one of the worst. Are you kidding?

I think some of the ones in the back should have been called out as the worst. I hated Peach's and Grethen's creations. Yuck. Peach is stuck with this preppy, cotton, beach shift dress in pastel colors. PLEASE make it go away. I'm sure her work would do well with middle aged ladies at Myrtle Beach, but what about other people.

I think it was shameful to send home anyone other than diaper girl. That was just pathetic. I think it's obvious they kept her because there's a chance she could create more designs just as hideous and of course that makes for good tv.

I think April is way too full of herself too. Her clothes seem to be too big for the model IMO.

old cow

I want to know what everyone was smokin' last nite?! The judges really didn't think to put Casanova's awful design in the bottom 3? The fellow designers really thought Christopher's design complimented the hat?! UGH that thing was terrible. They were really shocked Michael C.'s dress won??

I loved Michael C.'s dress and really it was a toss up between his and Michael D.'s design both were fab! Valerie didn't deserve to be in the top 3. Honestly replace her with Gretchen's design and it would have been perfect.

As far as the bottom 3 goes, everyone deserve their bottom spots but throw in Casanova and make it a bottom 4. Still April should have been sent home for that eye sore of a white diaper with a zipper design. It was just unforgivable and 7 shades of ugly.

I didn't care for Kristian's dress either but I don't think it was as bad as April's and yeah Christopher's was awful as well he deserved to stay.

OMG! You're right. April has been reminding me of someone and I couldn't quite put my finger on it -- Nicole Bobek! Attitude and all.

Thanks, now I can watch without being so distracted

April's diaper-shorts were aweful, but the top wasn't bad. If she had just made black shorts (even with the matchy-matchy pink edge), it would have been soooo much better than the weird white ones. they didn't look long enough to be shorts and the color and cut made them look like granny panties, not booty shorts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast