+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

8/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Sirens! Police! Ambulances! What's up in those promos? (We'll finally get to see it this week!)

Please keep all discussion in here until 1:30AM ET, 10:30PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: 8/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Wow, no comments! And I thought I was late on watching, pushing it back by an hour!

Yet another week, and another opportunity to boot Casanova lost.

Gretchen bugs me--she's reminds me so much of Alex on the RHONY in the first season--unduly pretentious.

I can't wait for Tim's vlog tomorrow to talk about the hospital event. From what he said last week, that's not exactly how it happened.

FORT Fogey

Wow! Jealous claws are coming out. And I don't mind Gretchen (she'll win this season for sure), she has the talent (and great taste) to back it up. I'm glad Andy won (since he's one of my choices for top 3) but, like Gretchen, I'm somewhat disappointed. His stuff seems over-designed (yeah, creative but borderline tacky). And Valerie's was for sure top 3 (as Gretchen said). Yes, Gretchen was giving advise but she made sense and she knew what she was saying. April and Peach and AJ have bad taste and they're just jealous because they don't have a chance. That's prolly why they (Peach and April) helped Andy finish his dress, otherwise Gretchen would have won for sure.

BTW, I agree with Gretchen that AJ was shooshing her because he faired bad at a challenge right up his alley. The judges would judge "creativity" favorably if it was fabulous ala Christian Siriano. But come on, a lot of the designers are clueless.
    Last edited by watts; 08-13-2010 at 01:22 AM.

FORT Fogey

The wooly animal balls talk Kristin had with Tim was hilarious.

Yes, the wooly balls discussion was hilarious! I don't mind Gretchen one bit, but this is the first episode that I have seen. She is good. And I think she loves to share her opinion but the others are tired of it already, even though what she says is right on. I like her look. I am biased though, she is from my state and it is nice to see the Portland designers get some notice.

I think AJ should have gone home. His party dress was horrid. Cassanova's was also ridiculous. But boring will get you eliminated every time. Bye, Sara! I think they kept the other two to increase the drama.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;4036012;
    Yes, the wooly balls discussion was hilarious! I don't mind Gretchen one bit, but this is the first episode that I have seen. She is good. And I think she loves to share her opinion but the others are tired of it already, even though what she says is right on. I like her look. I am biased though, she is from my state and it is nice to see the Portland designers get some notice.
    Gretchen and Leanne are really good (if not great) designers. I loved Leanne's F/W 2010 collection and, as Nina said, Gretchen would do well as a fashion editor/stylist for Marie Claire (or Elle, to me they seem the same).

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;4036012;
    I think AJ should have gone home. His party dress was horrid. Cassanova's was also ridiculous. But boring will get you eliminated every time. Bye, Sara! I think they kept the other two to increase the drama.
    I think so, too!

I have such a hard time remembering to watch it now! I wish that they would repeat it , like BRAVO did. I missed it last week and never found a repeat of it. I also wonder why my cable doesn't have a HD channel for Lifetime.
    Loved a few of the designs tonight but the designers are a little boring. Not a Jay, Austin or Santino in the bunch. Maybe, once they get thinned out, we'll get to see a bit more personality.

Gretchen got a very negative edit tonight, even though the things she said weren't all that bad. They just came off as a little bit cocky. The comments from everyone else made it look worse.

Casanova's dress was horrible! I kept repeating to myself, "That's so ugly, that's so ugly," when his model walked on the runway. He deserved to be eliminated, not Sarah.

I think Valerie was robbed of the win. Andy's dress was okay, but I think he was rewarded more for the difficulty of the execution.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4036076;
    I have such a hard time remembering to watch it now! I wish that they would repeat it , like BRAVO did. I missed it last week and never found a repeat of it. I also wonder why my cable doesn't have a HD channel for Lifetime.
    Loved a few of the designs tonight but the designers are a little boring. Not a Jay, Austin or Santino in the bunch. Maybe, once they get thinned out, we'll get to see a bit more personality.
    You can watch full episodes online at mylifetime.com

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I'm not a fan of Gretchen's behavior. When she called out, "Everyone be sure to clean up your workspace" right before the runway show, I wanted Michael C (or anyone) to slap her. I'm starting to think of her as a self-proclaimed "Tim-ette" . . . she sure seems to think that's who she is!

It looks like more than one of the designers is ready to point out her personality shortcomings to her. And when they do, I'll probably give them a standing O.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast