+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 8/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 8/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

i got a phone call and missed the end of the ep! what was the ambulance drama?

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4039267;
    i got a phone call and missed the end of the ep! what was the ambulance drama?
    You didn't miss much. Ivy fainted but she seems to be ok. From what Tim Gunn said in his vlog, it was from heat and dehydration.

So, is anyone annoyed by all the talking that Gretchen does?
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4039369;
    So, is anyone annoyed by all the talking that Gretchen does?
    From the looks of things, there was a whole ROOMFUL of designers who were annoyed by Gretchen's constant talking.

And me.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;4039271;
    You didn't miss much. Ivy fainted but she seems to be ok. From what Tim Gunn said in his vlog, it was from heat and dehydration.

Quote Originally Posted by watts;4038984;
    I do not think that Gretchen intentionally sabotaged anyone. She gives me the vibe of an overachiever-type (I know several) who genuinely means well and would like to give advise. In her mind, she's imparting part of her design process and aesthetic to her fellow contestants because the judges seem to be receiving it well and she would want others to be as successful, too. And Sarah, as nice as she is, is no competition. If she was going to sabotage someone, it would be Valerie or Andy, who she thinks are her competition. She actually made sense when she veered Sarah away from a Tropicana mess. Sarah's dress was just a casualty of the judges' scoring system wherein they have to eliminate someone in the bottom 3 and they chose AJ's mess (which Betsey Johnson liked, which prolly ultimately saved him) and Casanova's "couture" (which I can understand, although not appreciate) over Sarah's safe (it wasn't really bad and did not really deserve to be in the bottom 3 compared to Kristin's jellyfish dress or Peach's ugly dress) dress. Of the bottom 3, AJ should have been auf'ed.
    I would like to think that Gretchen didn't intentionally sabatoge Sarah, but I am getting "passive/agressive vibes" from Gretchen about the other designers, so I wouldn't put it past her at all.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by ladygreco;4039758;
    I would like to think that Gretchen didn't intentionally sabatoge Sarah, but I am getting "passive/agressive vibes" from Gretchen about the other designers, so I wouldn't put it past her at all.
    I see some behavior that feels passive/agressive as well. Also, I have noticed that, while she seems sincere at times, there are those moments where she just seems to have this certain deceitful little smirk on her face. I can't decide whether it truly is because she's got a spiteful side or if it's just an expression that she wears all too well.

She seemed critical of others helping Andy physically, but has no problems doing rounds and giving verbal help to others. Is it because Andy is competition and the rest are not? I don't get an altruistic feeling from her. But I don't get an evil villain vibe, either.

I think Sarah was the correct boot. Her dress is just like some grade schooler's arts and craft project. However, because Casanova had been in the bottom 3 before, I would not be disappointed if he got the boot instead. He really has bad taste. At least Sarah knew that she did a bad job and ran out of ideas but Casanova thought he actually did couture.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234