+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week S/S 2011 - **Season Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week S/S 2011 - **Season Spoilers**

Project Runway is scheduled in FW for September 9 (Thursday). At that time, 10 designers would still be in the running (unless there would be a multiple elimination episode). I can't wait to see who'll be showing.

Re: Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week S/S 2011 - **Season Spoilers**

Wow, I hope they don't go to the pains of having that many decoys. It's just getting silly at this point, why have a regular season if two-thirds of the cast end up designing collections? Is it really that hard to time these seasons to Fashion Week?

BTW, Christian Siriano is showing his collection on the same day as the PR show: Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week : Schedule
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4028830;
    Wow, I hope they don't go to the pains of having that many decoys. It's just getting silly at this point, why have a regular season if two-thirds of the cast end up designing collections? Is it really that hard to time these seasons to Fashion Week?

BTW, Christian Siriano is showing his collection on the same day as the PR show: Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week : Schedule
    I think it's a good consolation prize for new designers (especially the ones who do not stand a chance of winning). Anyway, only the 3 finalists are featured in the show (TV coverage), so their coverage is bigger (not to just the fashionistas in attendance in FW or the ones who surf to see all the collections). It's like spreading the wealth (or prize) because some of these designers join this for the experience and/or bragging rights that they've shown in FW.

old cow

Jeez Louise not again! I was put off last season with over half of the designers showing at fashion week and i was hoping it wouldnt happen again.

With the double elimination last week do you really think it will still be that many showing?

FORT Fogey

I wonder how the show went this morning? I can't wait to see what each designer presented and which model they ended up with so I can get clued on the coming season's outcome.

I can't wait to see it either but I'm sick so I am heading to bed early unless I get a boost of energy after I get off work...yeah right. I may watch tomorrow night though.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Got hold of some news from NYMag. Jessica Simpson is the guest judge (nothing wrong with her but... I guess there's a trend there with Faith Hill last season). A lot of "celebrities" attended notably Jamie-Lyn Sigler who was chewing gum the whole show. Casanova's girls had gold paint on their faces. The writer thought that the final 3 are Valerie, Andy, and the 3rd a toss-up between Gretchen and Christopher. All-in-all, it was polished and every designer, filler or not, did their best.
    Last edited by watts; 09-09-2010 at 02:45 PM.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by watts;4057520;
    [snipped]... The writer thought that the final 3 are Valerie, Andy, and the 3rd a toss-up between Gretchen and Christopher. All-in-all, it was polished and every designer, filler or not, did their best.
    I was hoping to see Mondo's name in there.

But thanks for the update!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

This article has photos of several of Michael Drummond's designs:

Jessica Simpson Is `Project Runway' Finale Judge : NPR

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4057674;
    This article has photos of several of Michael Drummond's designs:

Jessica Simpson Is `Project Runway' Finale Judge : NPR
    The first collection in there was Mondo's (you can see him wearing a suit at the end of the line). And the looks with wires and stars strewn in the models coifs were Andy's. I thought Heidi looked hideous in that orange pantsuit (maybe it didn't photograph well).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast