+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 8/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4027082;
    Peach needs to get with it. Why didn't many of them think it through. Did Peach really think a pastel would look good on a billboard? Please.

Peach had a problem from the get-go because she couldn't find the fabrics she wanted for the design she had mapped out, so she just grabbed anything. Maybe she'll be a little quicker on the draw when they go to Mood next time.

Mondo is a good designer. I loved his dress and leggings. It was billboard worthy as evidenced by the movement and the pose in the photo.

I think Mondo or the girl with the red dress should have won. I think Gretchen is overrated and the only thing that made her jumpsuit look spectacuar was Coco Rocha working it. Jason's elimination was overdue. I wouldn't have minded seeing little red riding hood guy stay another week. Kristin I think her name is (the black lady who made the outfit that looked like a bunch of haphazard sewing happened and fabrics put together) should have taken his place in the bottom. Casanova did a better job than I thought--I wonder if he actually has hidden talent or if enough people gave him help that he was able to put something decent together. Peach looks like she is dressing the rich ladies she probably lunches with in Lake Forest. I think if she doesn't make someting better next week she should be on the chopping block. She had some bizarre fabric choices.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;4027068;
    Is it just me or are these models afraid to really walk the runway? They were walking soo slow last night and didn't give it any justice. They need to bring back last years models.

My top two designers are Mondo and Red Dress lady.
    I NOTICED THAT TOO! These models walk sooooo dang slowly down the runway! WTF? Its almost as if they are dragging their feet. Maybe the creators of the show heard our complaints about the models walking too fast so we couldnt see the garmets clearly but wow, we didn't mean move like a tortise down the runway.

Red Dress lady is Valeri (i think).

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4026088;
    Sirens! Police! Ambulances! What's up in those promos?
    And they didn't even include the ambulance scenes in the show! According to Tim on his vlog, he went to the hospital because he had a seizure, Jason went for some reason, and another designer (he couldn't recall which one) went as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;4027212;
    I think Gretchen is overrated and the only thing that made her jumpsuit look spectacuar was Coco Rocha working it.
    Why didn't they let the model who catwalked it down the runway model it on the billboard?
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4026928;
    I agreed with the top three. I do understand why the jumpsuit won the challenge but I still like the red dress better. I'd wear it over the jumpsuit anyday. The jumpsuit won b/c it can be photographed in many different angles whereas the red dress just one or two angles. I think the top three last night are going to be the ones to beat.

Did anyone catch the comment by one of the guys...maybe it was Nicholas who said it but not sure...it was about Casa dude....how he is playing everyone b/c he can speak perfect english or something to that effect? If that is true...that irks me b/c I hate dishonesty and I think it's unethical but that's just me.

I didn't catch the comment, but I did notice the accent comes and goes. Thought back to a comment made by a co-worker who's mother-in-law did the same thing. "Sometimes, her accent is thick as cream cheese, sometimes it's as thin as lox"
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;4026903;
    Horrible, horrible episode.

Really NOT impressed with this season so far.
    I totally agree. Thus far, almost everything has been junk -- no one stands out and, in fact, no visible talent yet. I do like the 90-minute format as what was always missing was more input from the Judges. I love Project Runway, but no interesting characters...........Siriano's show was the last. I'm hanging in there though.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Almost forgot -- the models this year are horrific. Some of them downright unfortunate.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

The models this year are pretty below average...

That being said, I really loved how Coco Rocha performed with Gretchen's outfit, very stunning! I thought Mondo's outfit was better, but seeing how Gretchen's outfit looked on Coco was gorgeous!

FORT Fogey

I do miss the model show, so we get to know them, but hell they are so careful walking down the steps and not working it - where did they find them?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast