+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 8/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

OK...Jason should have been eliminated last week. They said they were intrigued but obviously he really couldn't design beyond men's wear and for some reason his execution and time management sucks. Last week he had to use staplers and this week safety pins and then told the judge that it was part of his design when in fact he had no time to make button closures or zippers. McKell would have survived this week if the judges were not so biased against her last week. Nicholas' dress was all over the place. The garments clashed and was not very cohesive. It was overdesigned. So this time they are right in eliminating both designers.

Horrible, horrible episode.

Jason did everything the judges don't like: conceptual without perfection, excuses, poor craftsmanship, does not fit the brief, weird fabric, no idea where you'd wear it.

Why was Ivy not in the bottom? Horrible fabric too.

Kors cracks me up though. His comments are spot on like before.
    (about peach) "Like an Amish cocktail dress."
    (about Jason) "I don't think that the Marie Claire girl would wear it for day or night. At night she would feel like she was wearing a satin bed spread. For day, everyone in the office would say, 'Is that a walk of shame dress?'"
    (about nicholas) "She takes the cape off, she's naked. And she keeps the cape on and she might be joining a religious sect."

Mondo I did not like that much. Felt overdone, did not deserve top 3 IMO. Actually thought Casanova should be there.

Grethen: OVERRATED. Seriously. Her outfit reminds me of something Tyra Banks would wear last year in ANTM. She had jumpsuit after jumpsuit. And most were not kindly received. However after seeing Coco Rocha in it, wow. She worked the hell out of it. She could probably sell that reverse kimono Jason made last week if she had to or was paid enough.

Really NOT impressed with this season so far. Last one had Ping and that conceptual guy, the one before had the Olympic competition, Season 2 was good from start to finish. Project Runway is getting too old. I don't want to see/hear safe things.
    Last edited by Endit; 08-06-2010 at 05:42 AM.

I was not impressed with anything the top three designers showed. I also thought it interesting that a black outfit won two weeks in a row. Last week it was a plain, black dress, this week, a plain black jumpsuit. Boring if you ask me. I am really questioning the judging so far this season.
    At least they got it right by sending Jason and weepy Nicholas home.

I agreed with the top three. I do understand why the jumpsuit won the challenge but I still like the red dress better. I'd wear it over the jumpsuit anyday. The jumpsuit won b/c it can be photographed in many different angles whereas the red dress just one or two angles. I think the top three last night are going to be the ones to beat.

Did anyone catch the comment by one of the guys...maybe it was Nicholas who said it but not sure...it was about Casa dude....how he is playing everyone b/c he can speak perfect english or something to that effect? If that is true...that irks me b/c I hate dishonesty and I think it's unethical but that's just me.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I thought Andy should have been in the top three. Loved the full pant and the cool convertible cap sleeve on the blouse. I felt it was a lot more sophisticated than Gretchen's jumpsuit. However, jumpsuits are really attempting to make a mainstream comeback, and I think Gretchen tapped into that and timed it perfectly.

old cow

i agree Goalwatcher, Andy's outfit was really cute and should at least have been in the top 3 if not winner. I loved the gray elephant pants with the purple top, too cute and it would have looked great on a billboard.

I didn't understand how Gretched won at first with her jumper suit but after seeing it on the billboard it looked really cute. And nicely done with all the different poses of the model. It kinda showed how the outfit moves and is easy to wear.

Ok heres what I dont understand about the elimination. Nicholas AND Jason were eliminated but I know I remember seeing both of them in previews for upcoming episodes! Was all that edited out but I could have sworn I saw them in more up coming scenes.

Also I'm starting to like Mondo a bit more now. Yeah he's an unusual egg but I can identify with his loneliness. I do the same thing; if I dont connect with someone right away I shy away from situations.

Okay heres my take on last night show.

I think they should have showcase the three top winners designs in Time Square, because they were all awesome. Start in this order Gretchen, Mondo, Red Dress. Mondo's outfit was totally hot, as well as the Red Dress. Talk about a well made garment. The jumpsuit to me at first looked like something from the 80s, but after seeing it on the billboard it grew on me. The guy that made the purple pants and top, that was cute. The young blond chicks grey/purple dress was nice. She really redeemed herself from last weeks mess.

Okay, now on the dislikes. WTH was that Jason made? I think he was totally out of his league with Project Runway. The second guy that went home the colors scheme was great, the final results was a hot mess. The skirt was too tight and I am not a fan of hi/lo hems, The Black chick's garment was a hot mess to me and she was so annoying last night as well as JD. Peach's outfit would have been okay had she dropped the brown straps and just made a short jacket or something. I thought the dress was cute and very JJill or JCrewish. Cassanova's outfit was just okay. At least she was covered this time.

Is it just me or are these models afraid to really walk the runway? They were walking soo slow last night and didn't give it any justice. They need to bring back last years models.

My top two designers are Mondo and Red Dress lady.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;4026928;
    I agreed with the top three. I do understand why the jumpsuit won the challenge but I still like the red dress better. I'd wear it over the jumpsuit anyday. The jumpsuit won b/c it can be photographed in many different angles whereas the red dress just one or two angles. I think the top three last night are going to be the ones to beat.

Did anyone catch the comment by one of the guys...maybe it was Nicholas who said it but not sure...it was about Casa dude....how he is playing everyone b/c he can speak perfect english or something to that effect? If that is true...that irks me b/c I hate dishonesty and I think it's unethical but that's just me.

Yeah, I caught that as well.

I didn't like Gretchen's dress last week and I liked her jumpsuit even less. The judges love her. I hope she creates something I like soon.

I loved the red dress and thought it should have won. I also like Mondo's work.

Peach needs to get with it. Why didn't many of them think it through. Did Peach really think a pastel would look good on a billboard? Please.

FORT Fogey

I was happy that Gretchen won...if Valerie's red dress had not had a zipper or a zipper that did not divide the dress down the middle, and allowed the other textures and details to be prominent that would have won. But my eyes only went to the zipper unless looking up close.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast