+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7/29 Season Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

7/29 Season Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Season 8 starts. Thank you PR for starting early. I like the challenge and the twist but was hoping for a multiple elimination. The judges also explained a bit more at what they were looking at. I personally though McKell little dress was cute and that was what I was focusing on and not the big pink bag, which the designers liked but not the judges. I thought Casanova and Kimono on backwards man would go home not McKell.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: July 29 - show discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4013687;
    Season 8 starts. Thank you PR for starting early. I like the challenge and the twist but was hoping for a multiple elimination. The judges also explained a bit more at what they were looking at. I personally though McKell little dress was cute and that was what I was focusing on and not the big pink bag, which the designers liked but not the judges. I thought Casanova and Kimono on backwards man would go home not McKell.
    YAY! I'm so glad Project Runway is back!!!

On the other hand, I hope tonight is not representative of the judging the rest of the season. During the intros I thought McKell had some really interesting past work and her dress was cute. The Italian guy's "dress" was ridiculous. He had a full kimono and five hours and THAT is what he did?? He turned it around, stapled the back, and slapped a belt on it. WTH? On top of that he was a total creeper with his model. Does he have any concept of what constitutes professional behavior. Here's a clue: it's the opposite of how he behaved when he commented on his model's breasts and how distracting they were!!! What a lech!

While I agree that the styling may have been questionable on McKell's outfit, I think the ability to design and sew should come out ahead of a guy who is handy with a staple gun.

It looked like there may be some interesting characters in this group. Here's hoping I am happier with the judges future decisions this season!!

To the Point

We DVR'd PR and when we went to watch it we had lost satellite due to a bad thunder storm and didn't get the last 30 minute or so. I cannot believe they let her go because of styling and kept Casanova or Kimono Man. Seriously....Casanova's model was very close to being totally exposed. That was horrid. Kimono Man didn't really do anything. Just BAD!

Just the other day we saw a commercial for it that was very weird - dark and like Tim and Heidi were in a horror movie. But neither one of us saw anything in that commercial that said when the new season was starting. I can't believe we missed this. Thank goodness for FORT; now we can catch a repeat.

Re: 7/29 Season Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Work was so busy tonight and I was so caught up in Big Brother, I completely forgot this was on tonight too!

I'm searching for an online way to view the episode and averting my eyes to any posts that might spoil.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;4013886;
    Just the other day we saw a commercial for it that was very weird - dark and like Tim and Heidi were in a horror movie. But neither one of us saw anything in that commercial that said when the new season was starting. I can't believe we missed this. Thank goodness for FORT; now we can catch a repeat.
    My daughter thinks that the new style of commercials for PR look a lot like the opening credits of "Dexter". She thinks that they're done by the same company or art director.
    I think that the "pants out of pants" girl should have gone.
    I also have to mention the ears on the one model! Yikes! I have a friend with those ears and whenever she wears her hair up or pulled back (which isn't very often) she uses a drop of crazy glue behind each ear and glues them back! It lasts for quite awhile and is less expensive than surgery. Those ears where distracting!
    Last edited by tvaholic; 07-30-2010 at 02:23 AM. Reason: add on

FORT Fogey

Wow! I'm impressed with the first episode considering there were only 2 (Gretchen Jones and Andy South) that I love pre-show. I'm so glad my choice to win this season did not disappoint and, in fact, won the 1st challenge. I was also impressed with that guy with assymetric tee and cap who made the dress with the bead work (I missed it, but did he do the bead work or was it part of the garment he got?). I actually thought Jason Troisi's backwards kimono was forgivable because of the styling (come on, people, you can wear a sack but if you can accesorise it and show good taste, that's better than letting people know you're capable of making a cute-ish baby doll dress which I've seen a million times at the mall) and he's shown good taste in his audition. And let's not forget (as mentioned by Valerie and guest judge, Selma Blair) that the challenge took less than 5 hours, the shortest in history of PR. But did anyone catch the previews for the season about a thief (copying someone's design), a backstabber, and when they showed designers getting in a fight and, later, an ambulance? I also like a lot of the models. And even Austin and Santino's show. It was funny when Austin would rather make the dress out of the curtains on the stage than the stash that Santino brought back in. And also I giggled at the comment that Austin looked like a Canadian Mountie when he came out for his horse stunt lessons (and when both gasped when they saw the area where they were going to design and when Austin almost tripped going up the stage).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4013907;
    Work was so busy tonight and I was so caught up in Big Brother, I completely forgot this was on tonight too!

I'm searching for an online way to view the episode and averting my eyes to any posts that might spoil.
    They don't have the usual mini marathon afterwards of the show(s). But you can catch it on Saturday night (or with comcast on demand under Lifetime).

FORT Fogey

Also, maybe Casanova has a problem of hearing or language. When they were told to take a garment they would incorporate in their look, he took out a $1000+ (I doubt it) Dolce and Gabbana pair of pants. And that dress, atrocious as it may be, intrigued me about what he'd come out with next.

I also thought Casanova should have gone home. But they are probably keeping him for the interest of the show because he does supply some comic relief. I've noticed in the past they will keep designers who are funny or cause drama, for ratings maybe, when they really aren't very good designers.
    I didn't think McKell's dress was that bad, especially when Tim commented that he liked it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast