+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Gretchen Jones - Season 8

Re: Gretchen Jones - Season 8

She's insufferable. A good designer, yes, but as a person she lacks self-awareness and tactfulness.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Every time I hear Gretchen critiquing the other designers, there is background music playing. It's Sarah Bareilles singing "king of everything". The gender isn't quite right, but we all know they mix up their kings and queens on this show anyway.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Will she take the feedback from the judges and Tim to heart and not be Miss Know Everything or does it just fly over her head or fall on the floor after hitting her ego? Tune in next week.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

FORT Fogey

She's very talented and my bet to win this season, but she needs to improve or diversify her color palette. I hope she does this (inject color) on September if she makes it through the 9th.

FORT Fan

Good for Tim for calling her out in front of everyone! She got just what she deserved!

Who is John Galt?

What a domineering witch and surprisingly she doesn't even realize how she comes across to others. I am glad Tim called her on it and, especially, chewed out her "followers" who drank the koolaid. The collection was awful, the colors did not flatter any of the models, and yet the designers staunchly defended the designs. What surprised me was that the whole team actually let her dictate the "rules" (that they would each do different elements of each outfit) and not design individual outfits putting their own stamp on it. It just showed me how much like sheep most people are - willing to jump off a cliff if the alpha leads the way or drink the koolaid knowing it is laden with poison. This showed on a small scale how important individuality of thought and purpose is in the scheme of things. And, be careful when choosing a leader and always question his/her motives and purpose.

Gretchen may have a sharp tongue, but she definitely is talented, she didn't win two challenges so far for nothing... She'll make top three for sure, and hopefully win. If Mean-a Irina can win, Gretchen can surely win too with her prickly attitude lol

I dislike her.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I wonder what Gretchen is thinking when she sees herself on the show.
    She sure comes across as a little miss know it all...
    I just don't like her attitude. Especially when she acts like she knows so much more than Tim and the judges.

Personally, I didn't like either of her winning outfits either (both looked a little frumpy to me). I sure hope she does not win.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Talented, but more arrogant than she deserves to be. Can't stand the mullet. Her jumpsuit really didn't deserve to win, Valerie's or Mondo's were looks were way better).
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast