+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Michael Costello - Season 8

Re: Michael Costello - Season 8

[I think you're confusing this season with last season (when Maya Luz did not show in FW). All 10 designers who were still in the running on the show during FW showed on FW. And another preview confirmed that Gretchen threw the fabric when Heidi said she didn't like it.[/QUOTE]

You are right and I went back and found it and it was last season. Darn it, I was hoping I'd figured something out - oh well - we find out tonight!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;4077097;
    I've been trying to figure out what makes me feel that way.

Not taking what some designers have said about his unappreciated and inappropriate sexual talk into consideration, for me it's partly that he will sometimes say one thing to someones face and then turn around in an interview and say he really didn't mean it and in fact thought the exact opposite of what he was saying with fake sincerity to the persons face. That to me makes him untrustworthy.

I'm sure he's not any worse than a lot of other designers when it comes to that though, so I don't know, I guess the thing for me, as weird as it seems, it's his smile. It just comes across as fake or insincere. It just seems somehow sceevy to me and I can't explain that, it just does.

and I think the judges pushing him in to the number one spot that seemed undeserved for the product he produced, just to get back at other designers just left me with a bad taste about him. That wasn't his fault though, it was the judges and I have big problems with them this year.
    I don't see him being pushed as no.1. I thought it a given that Mondo wins. I missed the inapproprioate sexual talk. I didn't realize that had occurred. That's a shame.
    "You have to remember, sometimes your `buddy' isn't really your `buddy' in this game." -Donny

Michael was bullied inthe last episode. Those witches are horrendous. Principally "Poison Ivy"

I thought it was great that Michael stood up to Hivy at last. "And how did it feel to get eliminated for a crappy design?" If only we could all have at least one moment like that in our lives! I also loved the way he blasted a hole in her "accusation" when he defended himself.

Heidi summed it up best. "Who was it that who said you couldn't sew? I forgot. She's not here anymore."

And I don't think the judges are pushing him to the top. Clearly, despite their sympathy, they're not afraid to judge his clothing. If anything, I would say they're pushing Mondo. He's clearly the favorite now.
    Last edited by Babbred; 10-09-2010 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Wanted to add
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4080664;
    [snipped]

Heidi summed it up best. "Who was it that who said you couldn't sew? I forgot. She's not here anymore."
    That was priceless!

I agree -- I don't get any sense at all that the judges are pushing Michael. I think Mondo is clearly a frontrunner, but I don't think the judges are pushing him either. When he's won, he's clearly deserved it.

If the judges are pushing anyone, I'd say they're pushing Gretchen and April. When they've won or been in the top three, the "crack-smoking judges" responses come out. I still can't believe that April's black negligee design won over Andy's elegant swimsuit and cover up in the resort wear challenge. And Gretchen's tent of a dress -- at least she didn't win for it.

I just found an article on the website for my local paper concerning this season's contestants on Project Runway. The article is essentially about Mondo but Michael C. is in practically every picture.

Here is the address: Q&A: 'Project Runway' designer Mondo Guerra | The fashion guru and 'Project Runway' contestant tells us what's up | Photo 1/9 | Metromix Louisville

I don't know if it is a spoiler for who wins but it is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Scully2066;4082369;
    I just found an article on the website for my local paper concerning this season's contestants on Project Runway. The article is essentially about Mondo but Michael C. is in practically every picture.

Here is the address: Q&A: 'Project Runway' designer Mondo Guerra | The fashion guru and 'Project Runway' contestant tells us what's up | Photo 1/9 | Metromix Louisville

I don't know if it is a spoiler for who wins but it is interesting.
    It really seems as if he and Mondo are friends by the pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;4082392;
    It really seems as if he and Mondo are friends by the pictures
    Yes both Mondo and Michael C have said they are good friends. Michael said he couldn't have gotten through the show with out him. Mondo has a fashion show in LA this upcoming week.

From the pics in the above story, it certainly looks like they are friends. They look very natural and casual in their laughter.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Michael C. impersonating Michael K.

Had there been hand motions and body language, it might just have topped Santino doing Tim.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast