+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 4/22 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/22 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3884138;
    Seth Aaron's collection was my least favorite since I don't think that you could wear it unless you are model-thin. Some of the pieces are nice, though. I also wanted to take Seth Aaron and hold his head under a shower, and revamp his hairdo. And he was dressed like a circus ringmaster.

Mila's colletion was wearable and just shouted "MILA!". I liked what she did, but it was extremely predictable. She is just so DRY and "down-in-the-mouth"...but some people are.

Emilio, and his use of color, were my overall favorite. That final dress was liquid gold, and to die for! Watching it flow as the model walked was very exciting. I wanted to smack that knit cap off Emilio's head. He could have dressed for the occasion. What was he thinking? Emilio's face, when they were praising Seth Aaron.....priceless!!! He wanted to HURL!!! Jealous much???

And, about the reunion show with the models, I was wishing that Cerri (I think that was her name) would slap his nasty, little face after what he said to her. I used to like Jay until he came out with that jewel about the bad teeth and the thick legs. We all know how easily women can kick off into eating disorders when people do things like that. Hateful, hateful, hateful....and all because she said that she didn't like his designs. If he found that THAT offensive, he's in for a lifetime of heartache....and it couldn't happen to a "nicer", more deserving guy. What an ass.
    There is a way to respond to what Cerri said without personally insulting her very harshly to her face. To attack like that was mean and hurtful. His apology was useless because it did not take away the hurt. Now if Cerri was given the opportunity to hit him a couple of times with a 2 by 4 then it would be even.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I watched some of the recent video blogs at Tim Gunn's Facebook (Tim Gunn: Official Page) that presents even more of his insider point of view to the show.

In summary ...

The decision to tape a reunion episode was very last minute, taped the day after the finale because everyone was at Fashion Week. The reason Nina was there and not Heidi or Michael is because Heidi and Michael had conflicting commitments and Nina didn't. Three to four hours of taping condensed into 22 minutes.

Mila being cut first at the finale had nothing to do with her collection being considered "third". The decision was to get her out of there was for better television --- a more dramatic ending. There wasn't a third place this season (and perhaps other seasons?), only a winner and the decision to pit Emilio against the winner, Seth Aaron entirely for entertainment value.

Now it is more than obviously that Tim dislikes Emilio, but he pointed out that the evening dress had nothing to do with the rest of his collection, entirely disjointed, and, in effect, Emilio failed. (My interpretation of a lengthy explanation from Tim.)

Anyway, Emilio’s made facial reactions in response to every positive remark said about the other two collections, and the show decided to keep Emilio there to "tease up" the ending.

Tim said, "Emilio was confident that he had won, absolutely confident, and he was, I wouldn't say shattered when he heard Seth Aaron's name, he was he was in utter disbelief. It was as though we were to roll the clock back 5 seconds because, Heidi, you have to do that again and say my name. It was utter and complete disbelieve and huge quantities of anger. Disappointment, surely, but anger."

Also, Emilio and his family were also less that gracious towards Seth Aaron's family whole they were all in the room behind the runway waiting to join Seth Aaron on stage.

Finally, in episode 13 real time, Tim Gunn talked to Emilio about his collection prior to the meeting Emilio's brothers segment.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3884454;
    1. My opinion of Emilio soften a bit during the reunion when he asked WHY his collection didn't win if they loved it so much. He seemed insecure and ready to cry.

Personal taste varies. I would not even try on any of Emilio's line he showed except maybe the gown, which I agree was very dramatic but didn't fit in with his other offerings in either style or color. They looked wonderfully made, just not my taste and not what I expected to see on a Fashion Week Runway. There was one dress of Milia's I think I could wear. Seth Aaron had two or three looks I could rock if he made them for short chicks.
    According to Tim Gunn, Emilio brooded during the entire taping of the reunion, and the issue with Emilio is he is very arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3884903;
    There is a way to respond to what Cerri said without personally insulting her very harshly to her face. To attack like that was mean and hurtful. His apology was useless because it did not take away the hurt. Now if Cerri was given the opportunity to hit him a couple of times with a 2 by 4 then it would be even.
    I tried to find an interview I had read where Tim Gunn discussing Jay in detail, and couldn't ...

Anyway, what I read had to do with Tim referring to Jay's behavior as difficult and dismissive during the show and that producers kept all of that drama out of Jay's edit. Tim said, it was when he visited Jay's home to discuss his collection that Jay attempted to make amends with Tim.

If I (me, not Tim) had to guess as to why they kept Jay's "antisocial" (because it really is) behavior hidden until the end, perhaps it is because what Jay said to Cerri was so outrageous and way out of line that they thought it would be too much and preferred to keep the reunion remark in.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3884910;
    According to Tim Gunn, Emilio brooded during the entire taping of the reunion, and the issue with Emilio is he is very arrogant.
    I read Tim's blogs after watching the reunion. Tim seemed really honest about what was not shown on the show and how the edits probably made everyone look better. So I really don't feel sorry for Emilio anymore. In print interviews he seems more sympathetic than in taped interviews.

Here is the url for Tim's recap of the season, yikes sounds like Emilio and his family all have anger issues. I am surprised at the antipathy many fans felt toward Mila. Anyway enjoy!

Videos Posted by Tim Gunn: Official Page: Project Runway Season 7.Finale Recap [HQ] | Facebook

I am so glad that Tim has these video blogs, thanks to the posters who found them and mentioned them here. They are so much better than Tim's Blogs on Lifetime and he gives you an idea of stuff that happens behind the scenes.

This url is about the home visits, where he mentions the problems he had with Jay that was edited out of the show and the blow up he had with Emilio (start around minute 10).

Videos Posted by Tim Gunn: Official Page: Project Runway, Episode 13 (Season 7) [HQ] | Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3884973;
    Here is the url for Tim's recap of the season, yikes sounds like Emilio and his family all have anger issues. I am surprised at the antipathy many fans felt toward Mila. Anyway enjoy!

Videos Posted by Tim Gunn: Official Page: Project Runway Season 7.Finale Recap [HQ] | Facebook
    Wow. Thanks for the link. I didn't realize what Tim really thought. ETA -- I watched both videos you linked. And even more wow. So PR edited for LESS drama?
    Last edited by Allie; 04-24-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3885069;
    Wow. Thanks for the link. I didn't realize what Tim really thought. ETA -- I watched both videos you linked. And even more wow. So PR edited for LESS drama?
    Can you imagine the wow factor if the PR producers had kept the scenes with Jay dismissing Tim and the yelling by Emilio. It would have been priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3885069;
    Seems so, EXCEPT in the finale by cutting Mila before Emilio had only to do with adding additional drama.

Mila didn't fail to present a cohesive collection. and Emilio did. Although Mila didn't surprise the judges, Emilio did, but not in a good way.

Thus, Seth Aaron was the clear winner; Emilio the judges third choice in collection and production's 1st choice for additional drama.

Now that is interesting.

+ Reply to Thread