+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 4/22 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/22 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Did anyone else catch the look on Emilio's face when the judges were praising Seth Aaron? Emilio honestly didn't think Seth deserved any of the praise.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

old cow

I cant say enuff how happy I am that Seth Aaron won!

BUT i do have one little beef about the show.......i really think Mila's collection was better than Emilio's and i think she should have been at least second place. She did a really good job and i think she should have gotten more recognition than what she did.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Seth Aaron's collection was my least favorite since I don't think that you could wear it unless you are model-thin. Some of the pieces are nice, though. I also wanted to take Seth Aaron and hold his head under a shower, and revamp his hairdo. And he was dressed like a circus ringmaster.

Mila's colletion was wearable and just shouted "MILA!". I liked what she did, but it was extremely predictable. She is just so DRY and "down-in-the-mouth"...but some people are.

Emilio, and his use of color, were my overall favorite. That final dress was liquid gold, and to die for! Watching it flow as the model walked was very exciting. I wanted to smack that knit cap off Emilio's head. He could have dressed for the occasion. What was he thinking? Emilio's face, when they were praising Seth Aaron.....priceless!!! He wanted to HURL!!! Jealous much???

And, about the reunion show with the models, I was wishing that Cerri (I think that was her name) would slap his nasty, little face after what he said to her. I used to like Jay until he came out with that jewel about the bad teeth and the thick legs. We all know how easily women can kick off into eating disorders when people do things like that. Hateful, hateful, hateful....and all because she said that she didn't like his designs. If he found that THAT offensive, he's in for a lifetime of heartache....and it couldn't happen to a "nicer", more deserving guy. What an ass.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3884028;
    I loved Emilio's collection. I would wear everyone of them. Especially those coats. I even liked Mila's collection. The dress and coat was nice. Seth Aaron collection, I only saw one piece I would buy and it was the blouse. The rest of his collection looked like something the cast from Cirque du Solei (sp) would wear. Now what woman do you know would wear that purple dress or the black pants with the yellow plaid going down the sides? the average woman has hips and thighs. If I had to pick a winner last night I would have given it to Mila or Emilio, for they truly had a collection and not costumes.
    The best designers around the world didn't become THE BEST by showing clothes everybody else is already wearing. Ruway shows are the designers' way of unveiling works of art to the industry. These are meant to inspire and innovate. And most are toned down for the stores anyway. And one has to dissect a look. Take for instance the Rodarte spring 2008 collection, you take the cardigan and pair it with a plain, white T and jeans. Or more recently, the late Alexander McQueen's spring 2010 collection of vivid, graphic prints that resemble colorful Rorschach ink blots on dresses, you'd think these were meant for Lady Gaga to wear. But I think they are a new take on animal prints.

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3884163;
    The best designers around the world didn't become THE BEST by showing clothes everybody else is already wearing. Runway shows are the designers' way of unveiling works of art to the industry. These are meant to inspire and innovate. And most are toned down for the stores anyway. And one has to dissect a look....
    I've tried to say the same thing and was either shot down or ignored *lol* but that's how I see runway shows too. They are not RTW (there is a whole other show for that sort of thing) they are supposed to be out there and wild, they are where the designer gets to show off and present works of art that make people gasp and get inspired. Then those outfits are toned down with elements taken out of them to go into the stores as RTW.

I believe this is why Emilio lost, he didn't design anything innovative or fashion forward. He utterly failed to inspire or wow, it's fine to do a RTW line if this were that type of show or runway but it's not and he didn't take that into consideration (or refused to because he has such a massive ego that wouldn't allow it) and so he lost.

I don't think he should have placed second but I do think that SA was the right winner, Mila should have been second because at least she tried to do something *shrugs* but I'm thrilled with the winner so yay.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3883909;
    Faith Hill had as much style in her as Heidi (not a compliment). They have so-so tastes and I'm so glad Michael Kors "guided" the judging because those 2 would have picked either Evil or Eviler to win. Anyways, justice prevails with Seth Aaron's win, and all is well in the world again.
    This is the MAIN reason that last season STANK it up for me - it was Heidi's view almost all the time without much guidance from grown-ups... I was So happy this season was back in NY so Nina and Michael were there consistently!

Some of the best designers in the world do design clothes that everyone wears, though, like Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein. Not every great designer designs couture. And I see exactly what Emilio was trying to do. He's watched every season of PR, like I have, and heard Michael Kors say many, many times that he would love to see a great sportswear runway collection which is, quite obviously, going to look far more pedestrian than a couture runway collection.

In fact, Michael Kors has said this so many times that I've often thought to myself 'Whomever makes it to Bryant Park and designs sportswear is going to win' and I think Emilio did too. Well, in this instance, it wasn't the case because it was a departure from the more sophisticated work Emilio had done during the season and the catch-22 of a sportswear collection is how to incorporate that wow finale piece that every collection has so the one gown at the end made Emilio's the least cohesive but it is really clear and understandable what Emilo was trying do, imo, and why he was trying to do it.

As far as fashion always having to be wearable and something every woman would wear, though, I completely agree with watts. Fashion, at it's most creative is art, and thanks watts for posting some of the work of one of the most creative artistic geniuses fashion has ever known, Alexander McQueen. May his beautiful, brilliant artistic soul be resting in peace.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

So glad Seth Aaron won! IMHO it wasn't even a contest, Seth Aaron's collection was the best. I was surprised that I liked Mila's collection more than I thought I would. I did not like Emilio's collection at all. His gown was very pretty but the rest was very bland and boring pieces just done in bright red and turquoise, and that greenish color he liked so much looked like pea soup puke to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3883790;
    Mila - Old person's idea of a modern version of 60's pop fashion, which means 60's pop fashion with ratted hair. Feh.
    Thanks for putting Mila's collection into a historical context, MFW. I think I see better now what she was aiming for - like the Sienna Miller character in Factory Girl, Edie Sedgwick, that was Andy Warhol's muse. It's still not in any way appealing to me but I sort of understand it better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;3883964;
    Seth Aaron has always been my favorite and truthfully I don't even really like his clothes, but they are always well constructed, new and different, and always "him". This is my first season ever of PR and I loved it!

One thing I will say is that I know the Fashion World can be very catty and downright nasty at times but Seth Aaron never fell down into that mudpile and rolled around with the ones that did. And for that reason alone I'm glad he won.

I may have liked Emilio's (boring for a runway) line, but his attitude and entitlement was a complete turn off. I never liked Mila during the season, but she seemed to soften up a little in the last two episodes. That being said, I hated her clothes.

All in all I can't wait for the next season. I may have to rent past seasons while I wait. What seasons were the best? The only person I have even heard of was Christian Siriano from another season and I know he was the winner, but that's okay. Suggestions?
    Thanks for joining us, Maybaybie. I hope my annoyingly strong fashion opinions don't scare you or anyone else away. Many people, including me , think Christian Siriano has been the most talented PR designer so far and he was in Season 4. I also loved Season 3 because there were a lot of strong designers with varied points of view. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
    Last edited by chrisg; 04-23-2010 at 01:45 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fogey

Honestly, I thought Seth Aaron's collection was trash!
    I'm sorry to say it but it is just so basic! There are so many beautiful patterns in the world and he chose the basic. We've seen someone make a plaid coat before. I just didn't see it as a visionary's collection. Some of the looks he presented did look like McQueen knock-offs!
    It is hard to resist knocking off Alexander McQueen. He was incredible.
    I wish the judges would be receptive to sports wear. I really like it. I am tired of coats and dresses winning just because they are coats and dresses.
    All in all, I wasn't in love with any of the collections this season. I don't know why they suddenly started giving Emilio the evil edit. When they showed him making a face when the other contestants were getting positive critiques, that's just editing 101. But I don't know why they had to make him the villain. Mila was already pretty villainous. I don't know why they felt the need to switch things around.

+ Reply to Thread