+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 4/22 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/22 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

for Seth Aaron! I personally could have done without the models at the reunion. I don't watch their show and for me, it took time away from the designers.
    CYA

Yay! Seth! His collection rocked. Ahem, Jay's collection I think would have been more interesting and Emilio did better work during the season than in the finale. Mila also did better work throughout the season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3883915;
    I actually thought all three collections looked better on TV than only in photos (obviously). I thought Mila should have been 2nd. And why was Emilio questioning the decision during the reunion? I guess crow left a bad taste in his mouth. I chuckled when, while he was watching his collection on a monitor backstage, he said, "Beautiful!"
    They all had the clothes on from the finale so I think they must have filmed the reunion the same day. I can see why he would question the ending on the same day as the ending. I did not like Emilio personally, but I hate runway shows because the things they coo over are always so unwearable by anyone that I know. I hated Mila's. I thought it was drab and dismal. I liked Emilio's just because I would wear the clothes minus the gloves though.

I liked Seth Aaron most though so glad he won. I thought his model was flat though did not care for her look at all, and wish he would have switched to a better model when his regular left.

Seth Aaron has always been my favorite and truthfully I don't even really like his clothes, but they are always well constructed, new and different, and always "him". This is my first season ever of PR and I loved it!

One thing I will say is that I know the Fashion World can be very catty and downright nasty at times but Seth Aaron never fell down into that mudpile and rolled around with the ones that did. And for that reason alone I'm glad he won.

I may have liked Emilio's (boring for a runway) line, but his attitude and entitlement was a complete turn off. I never liked Mila during the season, but she seemed to soften up a little in the last two episodes. That being said, I hated her clothes.

All in all I can't wait for the next season. I may have to rent past seasons while I wait. What seasons were the best? The only person I have even heard of was Christian Siriano from another season and I know he was the winner, but that's okay. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3883949;
    They all had the clothes on from the finale so I think they must have filmed the reunion the same day. I can see why he would question the ending on the same day as the ending. I did not like Emilio personally, but I hate runway shows because the things they coo over are always so unwearable by anyone that I know. I hated Mila's. I thought it was drab and dismal. I liked Emilio's just because I would wear the clothes minus the gloves though.

I liked Seth Aaron most though so glad he won. I thought his model was flat though did not care for her look at all, and wish he would have switched to a better model when his regular left.
    Again that is why Emilio lost because he presented a wearable line vs it being a creative collection. I think if he had shown more of his gowns like he did on the show he would have won. Did luv his turquoise jacket.

I think that some of Seth Aaron's stuff rocks especially the plaid pants.

Also some of Mila's pieces were really good. Overall though she did not have tht free and easy feel.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3883868;
    Mine never do .

I appreciate Seth Aaron's work in the same way I appreciate the talent of the Rolling Stones. I see it, I get it.

But... I would never buy a Rolling Stone's album and I don't think I would ever buy a Seth Aaron design. It's just not my taste.

I really like Mila and Emilio.

Still, for a flashy runway show, I think Seth Aaron was the right winner.
    Yep! I agree with you. And I think the Judges made the right decision but all in all , Emilio will do better going forward. There were some great SA pieces though that could be bought off the rack- the ones that looked soft and not too military. Mila had a couple as well. Another thing with SA, he does listen and I am sure he will tone down a bit. I think they were the best 3 of the bunch.

Tim Gunn's Blog

Tim Gunn's Project Runway Blog | Project Runway | myLifetime.com

FRI
    Episode 14: New York Fashion Week!

Posted by TimGunn 1:00am GMT

This is the last season in which Bryant Park will be center stage for New York Fashion Week. In spite of the fact that Bryant Park has been responsible for branding New York as "the Fashion Capital of the World," the New York City Parks Commissioner wants us OUT. His office maintains that Bryant Park is a public space, yet Fashion Week is an "invitation only" (i.e., private) event. Humph! Thanks to the tenacity and fortitude of IMG Fashion Executive VP Fern Mallis and her #2, Christina Neault, Fashion Week is carrying on in Lincoln Center, the ne plus ultra arts venue of NYC. So, effective in September, there we will be!

Back in February, at "Project Runway's" seventh finale, 10 designers showed collections, because 10 designers were still standing on the show. Actually, 11 designers were still standing. Anyone with their wits about them could figure out that it was Maya who didn't show. Consequently, there was understandable speculation that Maya must be the next designer to be auf'ed. Wrong. It was Maya's trepidation about the possibility of being a finalist and having to show at Fashion Week that triggered her early departure from the show. Ergo, she didn't show.

So, owing to the excessive number of designers who were showing, we reduced the number of looks in each collection from 12 to 10. The 20 fewer looks saved us close to 10 minutes of runway time, which in the scope of matters was a lot. And imagine the backstage, behind-the-scenes chaos: 100 models, 50 dressers, 80 hair and makeup artists, our production crew members, the producers and Lifetime executives, and me. Laurie DeJong, who has produced our finale since Season 1, turned to me at one point and declared, "Promise me that we will never show this many designers again! I've never seen anything like this and never want to again!"

I was extremely proud of the six designers who weren't among the initial four finalists. I had visited Mila, Seth Aaron, Emilio and Jay to check up on their collections, but I hadn't seen the work of the others. It wasn't until they arrived for the finale week and were set up in a studio that was adjacent to the studio of the finalists that I was able to weigh in on their collections. They presented the strongest group of "decoy" work in the history of the show.

Many people, including the designers, assume that I know everything about what's happening or what will happen as it pertains to the show. Frequently, I'm as much in the dark as everyone else. Case in point: our finale guest judge. I didn't have a clue that it was the sublime Faith Hill until Heidi introduced her to our Bryant Park audience. She was fabulous. Thank you, Faith!

Seth Aaron WINS and makes "Project Runway" history as our Season 7 winner! Since the time of my visit to him six weeks earlier, he did, indeed, raise the bar for himself. He created a powerful collection that eschewed any reference to costume and exuded a wearability that I believe had been absent in many of the looks that he designed during the season. The looks in his collection demonstrated an unwavering point of view, spoke to qualities of innovation and embraced risk-taking. This is what he needed to do to surprise the judges and allow them to analyze his work from a fresh point of departure. There was no question that this was the work of Seth Aaron, but these designs possessed a higher level of sophistication and maturity than we had seen from him earlier. Please be assured that I am in no way trivializing his earlier work; I'm a huge fan! Rather, I write this to point out, metaphorically, that he found the answer to the riddle of the Sphinx. The challenge of figuring out how to mitigate the judges' previous perceptions of your work and surprising them while still being yourself is elusive to most of the designers across the many seasons of the show. Seth Aaron figured it out. And it was interesting to observe his stunning red dress on Kristina, because the longer it was observed, the more seductive and compelling it became. Hearty congratulations, Seth Aaron!

Mila was Seth Aaron's top contender, in my opinion. I loved her collection: She struck a powerful counterpoint in the proportions of the items within looks, she raised her neutral palette to a higher level by working with shiny versus matte surfaces, and she repositioned her nod to the '60s by placing it squarely in 2010. And I am forever grateful to Heidi, Nina and Michael for suggesting that she work on the overall styling of the collection in order to make it a little more rock 'n' roll. It needed that. Otherwise, it risked becoming too precious and staged, like the wardrobe of Marlo Thomas in "That Girl." And, indeed, Mila was successful roughing up her looks and giving the collection a biting edge. I was especially pleased that she put Brandise in the look with the superbly tailored coat, because it was one of her more ambitious looks and it would stand before the judges for several hours. I had no question that that particular look had strong staying power, as did most of the looks in her collection. Mila, congratulations on a stellar showing!

Emilio continued to elude me with the designs in his collection. As much as I tried, I failed to comprehend what he intended to achieve, because I could only see styles and silhouettes that were familiar; that is, nothing said "innovation" or "experimentation." He was confident that it was color that set his collection apart. I could agree with that statement, but only in a bad way. And that's not what he meant, of course. I must assert that I believe that his styling of the looks, the sequence of them on the runway and the overall impact of the collection showed it off in the best possible manner. I don't believe that the collection could have looked better, and I mean that in the most supportive way. But when Lorena stood before the judges looking so chic and sophisticated, I had to ask myself who else could pull off this look so successfully. Looking to Brandise on the left and Kristina on the right, I thought, Only Lorena. Emilio, be assured that you gave this your best shot.
    I think Emilio over analyzed what he thought the judges would like.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3883994;
    Tim Gunn's Blog

Tim Gunn's Project Runway Blog | Project Runway | myLifetime.com

I think Emilio over analyzed what he thought the judges would like.
    I personally think Tim Gunn didn't like Emilio's pieces, because he just flat out didn't like the guy. And you could see it on Tim's face.

I loved Emilio's collection. I would wear everyone of them. Especially those coats. I even liked Mila's collection. The dress and coat was nice. Seth Aaron collection, I only saw one piece I would buy and it was the blouse. The rest of his collection looked like something the cast from Cirque du Solei (sp) would wear. Now what woman do you know would wear that purple dress or the black pants with the yellow plaid going down the sides? the average woman has hips and thighs. If I had to pick a winner last night I would have given it to Mila or Emilio, for they truly had a collection and not costumes.

I actually like all three collections. I figured Seth A. would win, he was consistantly spot on most of the season. I thought Emilio's collection was more what an everyday woman would wear and I loved the floaty dress at the the end of the show. He seemed like a sore loser though at the finale show.
    I wonder why Heidi and Michael K. were not at the finale show?
    Jay was way out of line for insulting model Cerri for voicing her opinion. Jay certainly wasn't shy voicing mean comments about everyone (especially Mila) during the season himself.

+ Reply to Thread