+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 4/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Mags225;3879458;
    That's a really good point. I feel like when she sees something she wants to wear you can totally see it in her face too. She gets this sort of acquisitive look on her face.
    That is so true! She's probably got a sense of self-entitlement to those clothes. She probably thinks the whole archive's her personal closet. As if it'll fit her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3879482;
    Why these designers make their collections so dark? Only Emilio's have the most color but his collection, from what I've seen is the worst collection in PR history. Turquoise, magenta, olive is the worst color triad you can imagine. I hate those colors too. Didn't he study color theory?
    I've already seen Emilio's collection in the stores... at Talbot's!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3879493;
    Yup, Jay was robbed and he knew it...

Project Runway's Jay Sario Sounds Off to Movieline: 'I Knew I Was Robbed' | Movieline

His designs are more inventive, more innovative and that's what people want to see in Bryant Park not simplistic color blocking. Heidi got her way again.
    So: Who should win Project Runway?
    Jay: Oh, God. [Laughs] I think Seth Aaron. Um, he he is, well, hes a good friend of mine. [Laughs] But he showed consistently every single challenge, he showed who he is as a fashion designer, and the judges love that about him. I hope he wins. I mean, I already know who wins. But I hope he wins.

omgosh! What did he mean by this? Now, I'm scared that one of the 2 villains won! Thanks jammy for finding this. Anyways, I thought Amy was more daring in the looks she showed (especially her first look) because of the fact that she was out of the running.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3879482;
    I'm disappointed that they chose Mila over Jay. I thought that Seth's only competition was Maya but she quit. However, Jay's collection looked very cool (and as the judges said his designs look fashion forward) and would have given SA a run for his money. Well I can't believe they went with the retro instead of the fashion forward design. I thought Jay had it. When Heidi said, she prefers Mila's, I already knew that Mila would win because Heidi is the one who has the clout and not Michael who prefers Jay. I think they should show 5 of the collection, not just 3 so they would have a better idea which designer would actually have a more daring and interesting collection. Yuck...they chose black and white over color. Why these designers make their collections so dark? Only Emilio's have the most color but his collection, from what I've seen is the worst collection in PR history. Turquoise, magenta, olive is the worst color triad you can imagine. I hate those colors too. Didn't he study color theory?
    I tend to believe production's edit is intentionally leading viewers to believe the Jay vs. Mila decision a dramatic toss up when, in fact, it wasn't.

In listening to the judging sequence details, although Michael expressed appreciation for invention (vs retro), he did reference Jay's looks as "ungapatchka" and used even harsher words than either Nina or Heidi about Brittany's jacket --- suggesting the jacket should be tossed. Finally, not one of the judges felt Jay's collection cohesive.

(Emilio's "color triad" is the very same presented at Bryant Park by previous Project Runway finalist, Rami Kashou.)

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3879495;
    I've already seen Emilio's collection in the stores... at Talbot's!
    *snerk*

Totally thought a similar thought when I saw those funky garments - well, worse maybe. 'Sale rack in the 'mature lady' section of Robinsons-May.'

They were hideous!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3879653;
    *snerk*

Totally thought a similar thought when I saw those funky garments - well, worse maybe. 'Sale rack in the 'mature lady' section of Robinsons-May.'

They were hideous!
    Now that's mean! I'd say the sales rack at certain Nordstroms. I won't say all of them, because there were some in SoCal that had high end stuff. Of course that was the same mall that has a Ferragamo store in it, soooo

Watching the show, I though it showed that they had one wrong person in the final three: Emilio. He was in my top three starting out the season, too. But I agree with his model, I really don't know his style point of view. He's got talent as seen by a couple of his PR outfits. But looking at the final collection, I feel as if I've seen it over several years in higher end stores.

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3879498;
    So: Who should win Project Runway?
    Jay: Oh, God. [Laughs] I think Seth Aaron. Um, he — he is, well, he’s a good friend of mine. [Laughs] But he showed consistently every single challenge, he showed who he is as a fashion designer, and the judges love that about him. I hope he wins. I mean, I already know who wins. But I hope he wins.

omgosh! What did he mean by this? Now, I'm scared that one of the 2 villains won! Thanks jammy for finding this. Anyways, I thought Amy was more daring in the looks she showed (especially her first look) because of the fact that she was out of the running.
    Watts... don't hit the panic button yet. Jay could also possibly trying to deflect that SA (hopefully probably) won because the whole phrase does sound a bit like a cover up for an "Oops" moment. He has to be careful due to contract regulations to NOT spoil.

The ONLY "villain" deserving of the title IMHO if SA doesn't win is Emilio. He did at least ATTEMPT to be innovative, and (though it was fugly) he did manage to create that washer bikini instead of disqualifying himself. (And I do think he did at least make an outfit like Wendy Pepper where - mind you I didn't see the actual ep, but have the photos - it looked like she just GLUED items on her model to create a bikini).

Mila? - same technique, pretty much same colors week after week. Even her three she showed in the walkoff were the same tired designs.

Plus - how would JAY know anyway? I thought the winners were announced as individuals. If they spilled the beans to the others, it could also be a contract violation issue (then again, a. they're all former contestants and b. if it is a violation and it's Emilio or Mila, that would mean that SA might still win. )

I'm hoping it's a duck and cover type thing so he didn't reveal SA wins, but yeah... it can be a little worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3880045;
    Watts... don't hit the panic button yet. Jay could also possibly trying to deflect that SA (hopefully probably) won because the whole phrase does sound a bit like a cover up for an "Oops" moment. He has to be careful due to contract regulations to NOT spoil.

The ONLY "villain" deserving of the title IMHO if SA doesn't win is Emilio. He did at least ATTEMPT to be innovative, and (though it was fugly) he did manage to create that washer bikini instead of disqualifying himself. (And I do think he did at least make an outfit like Wendy Pepper where - mind you I didn't see the actual ep, but have the photos - it looked like she just GLUED items on her model to create a bikini).

Mila? - same technique, pretty much same colors week after week. Even her three she showed in the walkoff were the same tired designs.

Plus - how would JAY know anyway? I thought the winners were announced as individuals. If they spilled the beans to the others, it could also be a contract violation issue (then again, a. they're all former contestants and b. if it is a violation and it's Emilio or Mila, that would mean that SA might still win. )

I'm hoping it's a duck and cover type thing so he didn't reveal SA wins, but yeah... it can be a little worrying.
    I like how you think! I hope i don't jinx it as the person I like almost never wins these types of things. I normally am not so vocal, but I have lots of reason this time around. SA is in my town; he seems to be a really cool guy; and I really really want one of his jackets. I covet his jackets and I don't even really LIKE jackets (lol). Sigh. But I think the editing comes down to a M and E top 2. I hope I am being a half-empty glass type of girl.

I just watched the epidsode over the weekend. I was shocked how E treated Tim Gunn. Not only not giving him a hug and not taking what he had to say seriously but I noticed some eye rolling and some looks he gave TG that made me think he has something personal against him. And then E said something like (no word for word), "TG doesn't know what women like." That surprised me. Does he not know what TG has accomplished in his life. Jealousy?!?!

I hope SE wins. I don't like E attitudes or the line he came up with. Yes, he had some nice pieces for the challenges but I don't think they were his taste....I think he knew what the judges wanted and that is what he designed. But his style didn't come out....until now...yuck. I do like some of M's stuff. But she drove me nuts this season also.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3880045;

Ha....Emilio clearly stated during that episode that he thought challenges using not cloth material were a waste of his time and creatively. His bikini was a disaster and he should of been aufed the show. Even Tim Gunn mentioned in his blog that that garment was hideous and that the only reason Emilio managed to save himself is because he is a good BS'er.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast