+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christian Siriano - Having a Moment - Bravo Special (Apr 5, 2010)

old cow

Christian Siriano - Having a Moment - Bravo Special (Apr 5, 2010)

Hey just wanted to remind you guys that Christian's Bravo special "Having a Moment" airs tonite at 10. I am soooo gonna watch it!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Christian Siriano - Season 4

Thank you for the heads-up! The DVR is set to record. This should be very interesting.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Christian Siriano - Having a Moment - Bravo Special (Apr 5, 2010)

This was entertaining! It was a lot like Jay's Bravo special after Season 1, where we watch him try to get a collection from the drawing board to the stores. Except that Christian has been a LOT more successful in doing this since his season.

I like the visits with the family, and the obligatory celebrity cameos (he designed an Emmy gown, and a few celebs wanted to wear something of his to his Fashion Week show). The hour goes by quickly, mostly because Christian is still Christian and never slows down for a second.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Darn, I missed it!! I wonder if they will replay it?

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3870873;
    Darn, I missed it!! I wonder if they will replay it?
    Oh yea I'm sure Bravo will reair it. Also check their website I'm sure you can view it there.

Yeah I really enjoyed last nite's special as well. It was fun seeing him interact with his fans and such. The part with his family was funny.

One thing though, and this is just my pure speculation, but did it seem like Christian's boyfriend was a teensy bit jealous of his success?? IDK, i just seemed to catch a bit of sour grapes syndrom when he was talking about when they first meet he was the one with all the connections and now, not so much. Plus when his mom was saying the past 2 years have all been about Christian and now his sister was getting married, etc.

IDK, I've always wondered though how a relationship works with 2 artists. Is there alot of competition or what? Also i thought Christian's bf was a photographer...maybe hes both a musician and photographer....

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I had my moment with Christian and loved it. The time compression to show the stress of Fashion Week was the way to go with this. I enjoyed seeing him with his family and boyfriend and am so glad he has the family home in Annapolis where he can retreat if he needs it. The clothes were wonderful! Did you notice that at the show his boyfriend wore the blue print as a top and his sister wore the "volcano" print as a blouse. Hmmm - I wonder if he has the HP pad so he can do the fabric design?

I did feel for his design assistant who seemed to be carrying the practical side of putting the designs into dresses. He seems a great guy, though, and Christian says he never complains.

Super show. Watched it twice, now will upload to disc.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

This was a great show and I loved seeing the behind the scenes look of what goes into fashion from the designing to the show to the selling. Christian is a wee bit affected but I love him for that lol.

What I really loved was how devoted he is to his model from Project Runway, she really is a great walker and that dress was amazing.

I thought his whole line was amazing, normally I find most of the clothing in these shows so out there that I'd never wear them but I found myself thinking "I'd wear that" or "where can I get that?". Not the shoes though, those looked like articles of torture.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3871409;
    This was a great show and I loved seeing the behind the scenes look of what goes into fashion from the designing to the show to the selling. Christian is a wee bit affected but I love him for that lol.

What I really loved was how devoted he is to his model from Project Runway, she really is a great walker and that dress was amazing.

I thought his whole line was amazing, normally I find most of the clothing in these shows so out there that I'd never wear them but I found myself thinking "I'd wear that" or "where can I get that?". Not the shoes though, those looked like articles of torture.
    That part puzzled me, because his model for much of the show (and the finale) was Lisa, and that wasn't her. I'm going to have to rewatch some early episodes from S4 to remember who this model is.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I'll have to catch this show on rerun. Sounds good. Thanks for the info everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3871474;
    That part puzzled me, because his model for much of the show (and the finale) was Lisa, and that wasn't her. I'm going to have to rewatch some early episodes from S4 to remember who this model is.
    Really? I remember this model's name, I just don't remember her on the actual show. I thought this was his model. I just googled the models on his season and she wasn't one of them (nor is she listed as ever being on any show, at least not with the name Cecily), then where the heck did she come from and why do I remember her name and why did he say she was his model from PR?

There was one off note for me. First he called Cecily his "model muse" then he called his sister his "model muse" so uh......which one is it then? Maybe he should come up with a different name to call those that inspire him otherwise they won't feel special when he calls them that.

(side note....why the heck is there an orange guy in the header of this forum...that's funny!).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast