+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 4/01 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/01 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3868529;
    Damn! 3 weeks in a row win for Emilio? That dress is dumb to even win with that distractingly huge loop that is used to hang the dress with. The judges didn't even comment on it. They totally ignored it yet it was very conspicuous! There is favoritism going on and it's blatant. The worst part is that I don't like this Emilio.

I'm so sad and shocked that Amy is gone. She was probably quite upset that she didn't win the last challenge and thought that she didn't have what it takes. Stress played a great part of course for her quitting. I thought she and Seth would have made Bryant Park no doubt. I hope she comes back next season. She was so close, there were only two challenges left.

I don't understand why they have to bring back Anthony when they will be having a double elimination anyway next week. They could just eliminate one instead. What's up with that?
    The producers have challenges planned as well as the team ups so they need a set number of people. They have all the rules written down ahead of time so the viewers can't accuse them of cheating or manipulating the outcome of the contest.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm not surprised that Heidi picked Emilio's dress. I knew she would as soon as I saw the fabric. Heidi's a magpie.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3868529;
    Damn! 3 weeks in a row win for Emilio? That dress is dumb to even win with that distractingly huge loop that is used to hang the dress with. The judges didn't even comment on it. They totally ignored it yet it was very conspicuous! There is favoritism going on and it's blatant. The worst part is that I don't like this Emilio.
    Emilio has had some good designs; however, after the bikini disaster I've noticed favortism too. I'm hoping this is a set up for him to be eliminated next week or end up third in the final show. I don't think he's going to win.

I'm so sad and shocked that Amy is gone. She was probably quite upset that she didn't win the last challenge and thought that she didn't have what it takes. Stress played a great part of course for her quitting. I thought she and Seth would have made Bryant Park no doubt. I hope she comes back next season. She was so close, there were only two challenges left.
    I think you mean Maya, not Amy ( ), but I think you're quite right on the assessment. I'd love to have seen her make the final three over Emilio, but that won't happen. What I did love however, was the contestants saying "Why don't you try this one more challenge before you decide to quit." They may be competitors, but I like how they didn't want her to just quit.

I don't understand why they have to bring back Anthony when they will be having a double elimination anyway next week. They could just eliminate one instead. What's up with that?
    1. Ratings, 2. Tradition and 3. IMHO, I wonder if they felt long term they erred in eliminating Anthony over Jonathan and wanted to give him another chance. It did pay off for Anthony in the end though - even if he was exhausted. I just hope that doesn't bite him in the butt in the final challenge.

old cow

I may be in the minority for this but i LOVED Emilio's dress! It was stunning! The fabric was beautiful, it fit his model like a glove, and i liked the little loop fabric on the model's shoulder. Not to say I didn't like Anthony's design. Both were very different but very good and yay both deserved the win.

I did love however, was the contestants saying "Why don't you try this one more challenge before you decide to quit." They may be competitors, but I like how they didn't want her to just quit.
    I must admit I'm kinda back and forth with Maya quitting. On the one hand i understand why she left and i totally understand S.A. point of the stressful hours and work schedule but I kinda understand that when you come sooo close to finishing and F.W. is just in your sight, to up and quit--only 2 challenges left........idk, she is young and she went out with her head up so thats good.

Oh and speaking of S.A.--i love him but wow he sent some FUG down the runway this week! I did not care for his dress at all! But Jonathan's was equally fug so yeah i understand him going home. Its a shame really because Jonathan was really funny last nite and i've always liked his designs and such but wow, the second his model turned the corner I knew it would be him going.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3868589;
    I may be in the minority for this but i LOVED Emilio's dress! It was stunning! The fabric was beautiful, it fit his model like a glove, and i liked the little loop fabric on the model's shoulder. Not to say I didn't like Anthony's design. Both were very different but very good and yay both deserved the win.
    It's not that I don't like his dress - there's just something there that's missing, maybe a slightly different puff on the shoulder would've been prettier. That puff is the only thing I didn't like of the dress. (And - really the ONLY thing I've hated of Emilio's is the washer bikini, but like Anthony at least he's learned and moved on, even if I feel he could do better.)

I must admit I'm kinda back and forth with Maya quitting. On the one hand i understand why she left and i totally understand S.A. point of the stressful hours and work schedule but I kinda understand that when you come sooo close to finishing and F.W. is just in your sight, to up and quit--only 2 challenges left........idk, she is young and she went out with her head up so thats good.
    The two challenges thing I think is why people were disappointed with her leaving. I think she'd been the winner out of the women when it came down to it. But, I'd rather her leave with her head up high and a good outfit than a really poor outfit or cheating.

And - it says a lot about the contestants if they want her to compete instead of quit. Shows a lot of class for them to say give it a go instead of "Don't let the door hit you on the way out" like some reality shows.

Oh and speaking of S.A.--i love him but wow he sent some FUG down the runway this week! I did not care for his dress at all! But Jonathan's was equally fug so yeah i understand him going home. Its a shame really because Jonathan was really funny last nite and i've always liked his designs and such but wow, the second his model turned the corner I knew it would be him going.
    His dress was not his best effort - I really do think Valeria leaving and having to resize it for Cerri really affected him this go. That said, I think he can push forward and get over that hurdle and do well to get into the final three.

My hope is that the final three are him (as he's never been in the bottom of the judging), Anthony (who has proven he has what it takes) and preferably Jay over Mila or Emilio, but if Jay's out I want Emilio over Mila - as at least Emilio takes chances.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

I wish Jonathan hadn't completely thrown out what he had done on his original design. He spent so many hours making the cut-outs, and even though Heidi made a comment about "curtains" when describing his fabric, the judges are always saying that the designers should also be true to themselves and their designs. He could have modified it a bit, or even kept going with his original design. She loved the top, and once the whole thing was finished and she saw the full design, she might have changed her mind. Goodness knows he wouldn't have been any worse off than he was. And maybe Jay would have gone home instead (if Jonathan's end product was better than the "big butt" design Jay produced).

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3868596;
    His dress was not his best effort - I really do think Valeria leaving and having to resize it for Cerri really affected him this go. That said, I think he can push forward and get over that hurdle and do well to get into the final three.
    Yeah I guess having Cerri as a model threw him off. I mean that dress was an AWFUL fit and yea he can do better.

Just my personal opinion but the final 3: S.A., Emilio, and Jay

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3868649;
    I wish Jonathan hadn't completely thrown out what he had done on his original design. He spent so many hours making the cut-outs, and even though Heidi made a comment about "curtains" when describing his fabric, the judges are always saying that the designers should also be true to themselves and their designs. He could have modified it a bit, or even kept going with his original design. She loved the top, and once the whole thing was finished and she saw the full design, she might have changed her mind. Goodness knows he wouldn't have been any worse off than he was. And maybe Jay would have gone home instead (if Jonathan's end product was better than the "big butt" design Jay produced).
    Even with the curtain type fabric the dress would have been an auf. The drapping, the combination of different fabrics, and honestly the whole design of the dress was meh. Honestly i think even he knew it was his time so it is what it is.

FORT Fogey

This show explains everything we know from NYFW (with Maya and Valeria). So Maya didn't show at FW and didn't want to get there because she simply didn't want to show a collection at this point in her life. She didn't feel ready yet. And she took Roland Mouret's critique (about fashion critics slamming designers who are copycats) to heart. But I think she has a unique style but these challenges just made her meander from it. She did say it was hard to design spur of the moment. I hope she gets a chance to show at Lincoln Center when she thinks she's ready in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3868574;
    Emilio has had some good designs; however, after the bikini disaster I've noticed favortism too. I'm hoping this is a set up for him to be eliminated next week or end up third in the final show. I don't think he's going to win.

I think you mean Maya, not Amy ( ), but I think you're quite right on the assessment. I'd love to have seen her make the final three over Emilio, but that won't happen. What I did love however, was the contestants saying "Why don't you try this one more challenge before you decide to quit." They may be competitors, but I like how they didn't want her to just quit.

1. Ratings, 2. Tradition and 3. IMHO, I wonder if they felt long term they erred in eliminating Anthony over Jonathan and wanted to give him another chance. It did pay off for Anthony in the end though - even if he was exhausted. I just hope that doesn't bite him in the butt in the final challenge.
    Yes I meant Maya, thanks for the correction. There's no conspiracy in bringing back Anthony....the rule is that they bring back the last designer eliminated if for some reason someone cannot continue. My take is that they didn't even have to since they will have a double elimination next week and they could just do a single elimination which would solve everything without changing the dynamics of the contest. I think they are bringing back someone because it is not fair for the model of the designer who left.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast