+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 69

Thread: 4/01 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

  1. #21
    dance aggressively Endit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    526

    Re: 4/01 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3868398;
    Seth-Aaron's dress was too butch/Basic Instinct. And Emilio's -- I hated that thing that stuck up from the right boob. I wondered if it was where you insert the quarters to make the gown move...
    I thought it was dumb too, looked like a huge loop to hang the dress by.

  2. #22
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,941

    Re: 4/01 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Endit;3868394;
    Cerri never looked better. Seth Aaron said she looked a bit Vampire and wow, she played it up on the runway too (and not silly Twilight style). Judges hate it and think it's too funeral, but I like it, just not for RC. Cerri is back because Valeria left.
    "Funeral" is a bit extreme - maybe goth wedding would've been a better assessment there for the judges. I don't see "Funeral" in there because he didn't have sleeves on the dress.

    Did Anythony pull a Mila on this challenge!? I think so... black and white color blocking, similar diagonal line from last challenge. Reminds me of Gareth Pugh Spring/Summer 2009 if GP did draping. He has Maya's model after she left.
    No - his dress was much better designed compared to Mila's past three outfits, but definitely past two. Technique of color block? - yes, but a Mila truthfully? - not for that very reason.

    Jonathan's color scheme is amazing. I love it so much. Not really red carpet again but I really do love the combination. But he did 3 dresses! It looked so sloppy on the front and it was really short. I wonder what his original dress would have looked like.
    I think had he done what he did but longer and his first dress he'd been safe and Mila and Jay in the bottom. I don't know who'd lost out there because Mila's top was horrid (made her model look flat chested and her butt look big too), and Jay's of course was the butt issue.

    Emilio's dress looks the most classic red carpet... using glittery sequins that frankly remind me of rust, copper, or ancient artifacts. That could have gone bad really quickly but I think it might win. Judges were in love with it.
    What helped him was indeed the tailoring on there - had he cut any corner, it'd probably been in the bottom two as most red carpet dresses now are NOT total sequins.

    And Mila... HATE the look. I don't know what what it is at all and I like her but it she should be been eliminated IMO. Judges called it Jersey Shore, poorly designed, breast area too wide, too simple. It looks cheap too.
    She's the only woman left in the competition - and I think they don't want it to be an all testosterone final five. I'm hoping they get over it and eliminate her before final three unless she pulls an Anthony coming back from Elimination world and pulls out a showstopper that is truly a showstopper (and something not color-blocked, but I'm not holding my breath).

    Description is perfect though.

    Jay's, I don't even know what his was either. Weird light colored denim like colored corset with RUFFLES below (when are they EVER useful?) that accentuate the butt and make the waste like bigger.
    Ruffles if done daintily will look great - I think the only time I've seen ruffles work well was Jon Pertwee's outfit as the third Doctor in "Doctor Who." Then again - his case it was the '70s, he knew how to match things (he designed his outfit and owned the Inverness capes he wore with them) and he didn't wear the ruffles too large or on his butt.

    The outfit isn't red carpet for sure - Seth Aaron's is closer to it.

    In the end, Emilio wins, Jessica Alba says she'll wear Anthony's, final 2 is Jonathan vs Jay, Jay is in.
    I think Anthony really was the winner - he has an internationally loved star wanting to wear his outfit - and even specifically ASKS him to let her wear it. Didn't hear that last season with Christina Aguilera on her outfit: I really think she was being nice. Alba sounded very genuine IMHO. Add to that the editor of Marie Claire wanting him to make an outfit for her (and of course his win of the cover - and inside story - of Marie Claire Magazine with Heidi wearing the blue dress) even if he doesn't win he will have a great portfolio to use long term. (In short - Emilio may have the "wins" but Anthony has the WINS. )

  3. #23
    Former Princess Jinafire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,005

    Re: 4/01 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Maya leaving was a surprised, but admirable...I'm just glad there wasn't a cheating scandal like what was being assumed...

  4. #24
    FORT Fogey Maybaybie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    940

    Re: 4/01 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    If Jessica Alba was a judge anyway, why didn't they just design a dress for her to begin with? She certainly is a "name" in Hollywood. Odd...

  5. #25
    dance aggressively Endit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    526

    Re: 4/01 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    No - his dress was much better designed compared to Mila's past three outfits, but definitely past two. Technique of color block? - yes, but a Mila truthfully? - not for that very reason.
    Mila likes color blocking and black and white. That's the only criteria I was using. And the split colors reminded me of Gareth Pugh a lot too.

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    She's the only woman left in the competition - and I think they don't want it to be an all testosterone final five. I'm hoping they get over it and eliminate her before final three unless she pulls an Anthony coming back from Elimination world and pulls out a showstopper that is truly a showstopper (and something not color-blocked, but I'm not holding my breath).
    I didn't think of her being the last women left but I still like her. I really don't like Jay though. And I don't get why everybody hates color blocking either.

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I think Anthony really was the winner - he has an internationally loved star wanting to wear his outfit - and even specifically ASKS him to let her wear it. Didn't hear that last season with Christina Aguilera on her outfit: I really think she was being nice. Alba sounded very genuine IMHO. Add to that the editor of Marie Claire wanting him to make an outfit for her (and of course his win of the cover - and inside story - of Marie Claire Magazine with Heidi wearing the blue dress) even if he doesn't win he will have a great portfolio to use long term. (In short - Emilio may have the "wins" but Anthony has the WINS. )
    Too technical. Heidi could have picked out a dress with no butt fabric and squashed boobs in vomit color from a lineup of nearly couture, but whoever made that would still be the real winner on the episode.

  6. #26
    signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,557

    Re: 4/01 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    I'm so glad Anthony is back! He adds so much fun to the show! Also, I loved his dress much more than the gold one with the weird loop. I would love to wear that beautiful black & white gown to a formal event. It's gorgeous!

  7. #27
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,941

    Re: 4/01 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Endit;3868431;
    Mila likes color blocking and black and white. That's the only criteria I was using. And the split colors reminded me of Gareth Pugh a lot too.
    Don't worry - I understood it was a criteria you were using, but apologize if I offended you. I was being a little sarcastic because IMHO Mila's color blocking lately has been poorly done whereas here I think Anthony used the concept in a much better form.


    I didn't think of her being the last women left but I still like her. I really don't like Jay though. And I don't get why everybody hates color blocking either.
    I don't hate it, and have loved Mila's outfits. However, lately IMHO she has been choosing color blocking over making a nice outfit. Example, the blocking she did for the element challenge was lovely, but the outfit was a bit boring IMHO. The print she made last week actually was nice, but the dress was too tight for that length. It also doesn't feel like she attempts to vary things up - it feels like it's almost always the same shape and direction in the blocking at times too.

    Too technical. Heidi could have picked out a dress with no butt fabric and squashed boobs in vomit color from a lineup of nearly couture, but whoever made that would still be the real winner on the episode.
    I may be too technical in my assessment, but what I mean by winner here is that Anthony's designs will be seen by more non-cable viewers than Emilio's with his wins. This holds true for me in previous seasons before the show went onto Lifetime.

    That doesn't mean Emilio hasn't "won," (I understand challenges perfectly) but I grow weary of Emilio making all these grand claims that he has won all these challenges and acts as though he's essentially got this in the bag or he's God's gift to designers.

    Sadly, people are going to remember his washer bikini before they remember some of his wonderful outfits. I'm one who loved his Harlem themed outfit, but I see that and go back to saying "Thank goodness that Heidi and them gave him a chance to prove that he wasn't going to make another horrid washer bikini again. He was so lucky he didn't get auf'd.

    Anthony, on the other hand, I see as being known as the person who came back after Maya quit, but instead of thinking he'd be "safe" designing anything, went out of his way to make a design that got him a win. I also see him as being known as the designer who got a cover of Marie Claire and had a rather hot celebrity ask him to wear his outfit - though the challenge was not for Alba, but for Klum. This doesn't mean that Klum isn't a celebrity in her won right, but you put the two photos up, people are going to recognize Alba before Klum.

  8. #28
    dance aggressively Endit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    526

    Re: 4/01 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3868466;
    Don't worry - I understood it was a criteria you were using, but apologize if I offended you. I was being a little sarcastic because IMHO Mila's color blocking lately has been poorly done whereas here I think Anthony used the concept in a much better form.

    I don't hate it, and have loved Mila's outfits. However, lately IMHO she has been choosing color blocking over making a nice outfit. Example, the blocking she did for the element challenge was lovely, but the outfit was a bit boring IMHO. The print she made last week actually was nice, but the dress was too tight for that length. It also doesn't feel like she attempts to vary things up - it feels like it's almost always the same shape and direction in the blocking at times too.
    It's funny how she doesn't even use color most of the time. Black and white are shade and tint. Maybe third time's the charm...

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3868466;
    bI may be too technical in my assessment, but what I mean by winner here is that Anthony's designs will be seen by more non-cable viewers than Emilio's with his wins. This holds true for me in previous seasons before the show went onto Lifetime.
    Oh I know what you mean. I was just screwing with you (I'd say something else but I got in trouble for using "bad" language before even though I've seen some mods pull the same).

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3868466;
    That doesn't mean Emilio hasn't "won," (I understand challenges perfectly) but I grow weary of Emilio making all these grand claims that he has won all these challenges and acts as though he's essentially got this in the bag or he's God's gift to designers.
    But didn't you hear... they could make that text print dress in any color and it would still work. He will take over the rainbow... one color at a time!

  9. #29
    FORT Fogey jammyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,613

    Re: 4/01 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Damn! 3 weeks in a row win for Emilio? That dress is dumb to even win with that distractingly huge loop that is used to hang the dress with. The judges didn't even comment on it. They totally ignored it yet it was very conspicuous! There is favoritism going on and it's blatant. The worst part is that I don't like this Emilio.

    I'm so sad and shocked that Amy is gone. She was probably quite upset that she didn't win the last challenge and thought that she didn't have what it takes. Stress played a great part of course for her quitting. I thought she and Seth would have made Bryant Park no doubt. I hope she comes back next season. She was so close, there were only two challenges left.

    I don't understand why they have to bring back Anthony when they will be having a double elimination anyway next week. They could just eliminate one instead. What's up with that?

  10. #30
    FORT Fogey straycat80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    873

    Re: 4/01 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    I was shocked Maya left but like Seth A. said don't judge so I'm not. I'm glad Anthony is back, he brings some humor back to this kind of bland show. I liked the two dresses that won. It was time for Jonathan to go home, his dress was a big mess. I wish his model had gone home too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.