+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 3/25 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

3/25 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion in here (and in the Models of the Runway thread) until 2AM ET / 11PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 3/25 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Mmmm...These prints look errrr.. rrrrrr... ummmmm.....

Do tell, Quemoni. I have to work early tomorrow so I won't be able to stay up until 10 and watch it tonight!

The challenge is a cool one. They have a computer where they can draw patterns, print a mock up which goes right out to make actual fabric. Really cool...the thing is what the designers created....I um errr.. welll... I'll try to wait until the garments are finished but...I don't think I'm impressed.

ESOSA????
    How could they like that outfit? What a stupid pattern. I thought for sure he was in the bottom this week. The judges like him for some reason. I think Seth had the best outfit this week. Nice challenge this week, I liked the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by xiphoid76;3863304;
    ESOSA????
    How could they like that outfit? What a stupid pattern. I thought for sure he was in the bottom this week. The judges like him for some reason. I think Seth had the best outfit this week. Nice challenge this week, I liked the concept.
    I agree about Emilio -- without the print, it's a basic dress pattern that anyone could make. Besides the print, where is the design in that piece?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Aw! I'm so sad Anthony left, but it was the same design, so I understand!

And Seth Aaron so should have won!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07;3863323;
    Aw! I'm so sad Anthony left, but it was the same design, so I understand!

And Seth Aaron so should have won!
    Awww. I liked Anthony. But I have a feeling this will help his career.

Like to read that SA did well. I lost my love for Emilio's work a few episodes back. I really don't think he should make the top three. He'll really have to WOW me in the remaining eps for me to change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3863333;
    Awww. I liked Anthony. But I have a feeling this will help his career.

Like to read that SA did well. I lost my love for Emilio's work a few episodes back. I really don't think he should make the top three. He'll really have to WOW me in the remaining eps for me to change my mind.
    I liked Anthony too, but felt the bottom two were right. Had he NOT given such a long excuse on his design, I think he might've survived one more week, as JOnathan's print was ugly and looked just like what someone said - dirty tablecloth.

Seth Aaron's print was MUCH better than Emilio's - whose was creative but if it weren't for the print, that dress would've bombed worse than Anthony's. Plus, Seth Aaron made a great outfit with the print and has always made strong designs - though I will say he needs to take care and not do SO many jackets (though I would love to have one). And - he's learned to add color to his designs more.

Maya's print also was lovely and the dress was indeed intriguing. The hair was NOT a great idea, made it too busy, but at least the dress worked out well.

How Mila wasn't in the bottom two I'll never know - that outfit was horrible, and the model couldn't really have saved it. I personally think they want her in the final three and that's why she wasn't in the bottom two. At least Anthony's the model could walk in the outfit.

I don't feel too bad for Anthony being out though - especially if what I read in the Marie Claire Magazine holds true. He's got good ideas; but he needs to work a little more on variety and especially color.

Next week's is very intriguing and I am wondering if this one will answer a mystery we've had for the past few weeks in another thread.

I did not like Emilio's dress or print... it didn't feel expensive. The shade of colors and saturation were just too pedestrian bright. The text reminded me of No Doubt's "Rock Steady" album. I also wasn't super fond of Maya's... it just didn't click with me. It looks good but that thing in the front I don't like. I also disagree with the judges. I did really like Jonathan's dress... even if it does look dirty. I also loved the "disco straight jacket", the color and that gold part on the top was AMAZING... it looks weird putting it on backwards though. I really liked his colors though, kinda sci fi old/impoverished Star Wars planet to me. I also really liked Milas. I get what she was going for and I really don't care how simple it is. I've seen a lot of similar designers with basic design, one idea to set it apart. I liked the diagonal line she created with the mix of print. However the length and stiffness was horrible and that jacket was as well. Anthony deserved to go however... the print was too heavy and I didn't like the purple, and it was a simple shape, as well as the extra black, don't like to see black 24/7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast