+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

3/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion in here (and in the Models of the Runway thread) until 2AM ET / 11PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: 3/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I think Amy should be out. Her design was really bad. Ben's may be made bad, but I think his was great... MUCH better idea. I could see the shark in it totally. Amy's not sure how she could perfect that in any way. It will be that crazy hair explosion. Mila will probably be out for being safe, but I don't think it was THAT bad. She tried to show diversity and something different... it may be more pedestrian, but who cares?

Great, Ben in eliminated. That was stupid. NOTHING about Amy's design was fire IMO. So sad that she was kept.

Who won the challenge? Sorry to see Ben go, but he was one of the two I thought might leave now.

FORT Fogey

Jonathan won although I thought it was a toss up between Seth Aaron and Maya. (Spoiler reference to NYFW ahead)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I wonder what happened to Maya during FW. She seems to be doing well and why would she pass up on a chance to show at NYFW?
    I kind of see Nina Ricci in Maya's outfit but I also see Maya in it. I wonder what's gonna cause the falling out between Seth Aaron and Valeria (it was shown in the previews before). And now, Lorena is saying she wants to work with Seth Aaron. None of the designs was really bad. Like had Ben been in last season, I bet his look wouldn't have been the worst. It's just that there's just so much talent in this season, the losing look would still look good. I hope next season would be the same - abundant talent-wise.

FORT Fogey

Monique introduced Holly to her agent at Q (they went with Valeria) because she doesn't have representation in NY. Poor Allison was not picked (she was Ben's model). Spoiler!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Figures. Since they (Ben and Allison) were paired during FW just like Jesse and Alexis. So it's a giveaway which model goes by the designer she was paired with during FW.
    Last edited by watts; 03-12-2010 at 04:03 AM.

FORT Fogey

Poor Jonathan won when there was no more immunity from elimination granted to the winner.

I think Amy bought herself a place in Project Runway infamy with her latest piece. I know I'm going to remember it for seasons to come. What shall we call it? The Hair Bowl? The Hair Dress? Hairy T*ts? Oh gosh, whatever you call it, it was definitely memorable.

But I'm glad she stayed. I'm biased though, since she's the person I'm rooting for. Previously, I had thought that she was a shoe-in to make the F3. But now, she took 5 big steps back. I'm thinking it's going to be Jay, Seth Aaron, and Mila. But I'm hoping Amy squeezes in there.

She definitely has a vision, and it's an original one, at that. Originality and creativity are good for the show, but hopefully she learns when to pull back when it's needed. This is the second time that her creativity got the best of her. And I find it ironic that the challenge that she won (the red dress challenge) was with her most simple design yet.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I loved Anthony's outfit. I couldn't vision the colors but it worked in the end. I didn't get all of the hoopla over SethAaron's design. It was too godzilla vs the matrix for me. Loved Jonathan's and Mya's. I agree with the judges on Mila's too boring didn't see earth at all and of course she color blocked that vest.

I kind of had a feeling that Ben was going home. If you noticed, anytime they make a phone call to their family or state out loud that they miss them, then they are usally the ones sent home. Last season it was Epperson who called home and that evening was sent packing. Lesson of the day kiddie, if you are not ready to go home, then keep your mouth shut about missing your family. Heck don't even talk about them out loud.

I thought Amy's concept was great, but the execution was horrendous. She needed more time to figure how to work the hair in that design. I love Anthony, but I think he is more a brilliant dressmaker than a designer. He always goes for pretty rather than interesting. Jonathan did a great garment, pretty and interesting, although that collar treatment fairly screamed Chris March. And Jonathan is a sweetheart, the way he didn't enjoy his win because Ben was eliminated. I am afraid he is not long in the show. He just hasn't caught the judges attention, except in a wrong way. But then again, that has happened with Amy too. They are really trying to soften Mila, and that seems a sign that she makes it far or until the end. She bores me no end.
    Anthony is one of the most naturally funny contestants the show has had. And he has given me a new phrase: "Oh, my viscera!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast