+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

old cow

Re: 3/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3853609;
    So that would leave Seth and Amy as a pair. I wonder how they decided on the pairings ?
    Have they done this "team" thing this late in the season before ... and what is the rationale in doing it ?
    I think Amy and Johnathan are paired up. I seem to remember seeing them in the previews. And i think Maya & Anthony are a pair so that would leave Emilio & Mila (simply because Emilio said he didnt want Mila as a partner) and by default Jay & S.A.

I think last season they did a tem challenge late in the season. They usually do 2 team challenges and I guess they would have to do it now while there is an even number.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3853609;
    Have they done this "team" thing this late in the season before ... and what is the rationale in doing it ?
    Yes, season 4, the avant garde challenge had 8 designers pairing up.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3853632;
    I think Amy and Johnathan are paired up. I seem to remember seeing them in the previews. And i think Maya & Anthony are a pair so that would leave Emilio & Mila (simply because Emilio said he didnt want Mila as a partner) and by default Jay & S.A.

I think last season they did a tem challenge late in the season. They usually do 2 team challenges and I guess they would have to do it now while there is an even number.
    You missed my earlier post that mentioned Jay and Mila as a pair. So with Maya and Anthony. "Don't let that pretty face fool you."

Emilio and Amy should be paired up because in the last two challenges, I think they should be the ones eliminated. I really think the way they are being judged right now depends on your previous body of work that even though you have the worst design for the challenge, it is affected by your other designs from previous challenges. So unless you have the only fugly design of the challenge that no amount of previous work can save it, you can still be saved by the judges.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3853924;
    Emilio and Amy should be paired up because in the last two challenges, I think they should be the ones eliminated. I really think the way they are being judged right now depends on your previous body of work that even though you have the worst design for the challenge, it is affected by your other designs from previous challenges. So unless you have the only fugly design of the challenge that no amount of previous work can save it, you can still be saved by the judges.
    Well, let's not forget that the purpose of the show is to find a design star. Lest a travesty happening again like Austin Scarlett getting eliminated before Wendy Pepper (who ended up getting his spot in the final 3). So the body of work should matter. Besides, Amy's dress was not so terrible (very theatrical ala past designers Thierry Mugler or Claude Montana, or Jeremy Scott).

FORT Fogey

I just saw the preview again and the announcer mentioned "a conspiracy is unearth" and showing Emilio gesturing slyly with his fingers saying something like "everything's going according to plan"; and "one designer would do anything to win" refering to Maya who's paired with Anthony and him saying on the runway, "Don't let that pretty face fool you". Spoiler reference to NYFW ahead!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Will this episode show the reason why Maya didn't show in NYFW? Is a disqualification looming?
    And Jay's worried Mila's going to throw him under the bus.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I thought most of the dresses this week were very pretty... but I was scratching my head as to why almost everyone was working in blacks and greys.... As much as I love Anthony, I think he was grasping at straws a little when he chose to use grey/black for fire... He could even have used blues or whites (there are blue flames)... Where was the color???? Very disappointed in the color choices.

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3856874;
    I thought most of the dresses this week were very pretty... but I was scratching my head as to why almost everyone was working in blacks and greys.... As much as I love Anthony, I think he was grasping at straws a little when he chose to use grey/black for fire... He could even have used blues or whites (there are blue flames)... Where was the color???? Very disappointed in the color choices.
    When I fuse glass, I see some grey and maroon fire when I stamp my glass - it tends to be the metal and glass together or something. So, I can see where Anthony is coming from.

BUT I do agree, it would've been even better if that dress was in other colors save possibly blue. The only reason I wouldn't use blue - unless it was kind of a royal blue with other colors - would be a worry that it'd copied his Marie Claire look.

Most of the outfits could've used color frankly, even Maya's earth. I think hers might've been better if she used color (well that and stopped the color blocking).

The only Black outfit I liked that fit was Seth Aaron's night sky theme for air. It was inspired because most people think of air as invisible or blue, but he went for the darker look of air, the night air, and took great care in his jacket to include stars and the winds of a night sky.

Thinking about the designs, these are two challenges I think they should've addressed or think about in the future:

1. Designing an outfit where you cannot use any of your specific techniques (i.e. Mila's colorblocking, Anthony's draping, etc.) That would keep the constant one trick ponies at bay for at least a week - and to prevent an accidental use of their technique, a list would be given to them.

2. There is a week (or two or more) where they cannot use the colors black, white or grey. They're neutrals to begin with, not really classified as colors, and secondly - we're tired of the same color scheme every single week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123