+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2/11 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

2/11 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Please keep all discussion in here (and in the Models of the Runway thread) until 2AM ET / 11PM PT.

RIP Alexander McQueen.

Enjoy the show.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 2/11 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Yay, the gods heard me! They can't use black for this challenge! We're actually going to see some color! (Besides ugly soup red).

As it was much hyped, it's designing an outfit for Heidi to wear on the April cover of Marie Claire (which would go on stands in mid-March).
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Any more updates? I hope to be able to stay awake to see the show, but would love to read your impression of what is going on. Thanks for any details!

FORT Fogey

We have just a minute before they announce the results. Looks like the winner will be either Anthony's bright blue ruffly wavy extravaganza or Ben's jewel tone mini kimono. I'm pulling for Ben.

FORT Fogey

Well, Anthony wins. The challenge was to design a magazine cover look, and I can see how that will work - especially cropped. Sad for Ben who did an inspired job. Anna says goodbye. She has been in over her head the whole time, so this is not much of a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3826332;
    Well, Anthony wins. The challenge was to design a magazine cover look, and I can see how that will work - especially cropped. Sad for Ben who did an inspired job. Anna says goodbye. She has been in over her head the whole time, so this is not much of a surprise.
    Anthony and Ben were both SO deserving of the top prize, so I bet it was a very hard choice for them. Anthony's did win out though because of the cropping factor, but still... I was definitely impressed and hope that both continue with their game play. I was rooting for Ben a little bit more, but still Anthony deserved the win. Too bad he doesn't have immunity, but in the end, even if he were eliminated next week, he had one very important piece to put in his portfolio.

Even the one who had the red dress was lovely, but I think he hurt his chances with the straps. Still, as the editor of Marie Claire said, it's good to know a designer is willing to make a chance like that on the spot.

The bottom three were deserving of it - Mila's had a good idea, but a. the colors were too light and similar when put together, and the color blocking was as one designer said, being done a lot. Anna's was cute but not for Marie Claire, and add to it the poor execution of her design last week, she was going to be out. Jeannae Marie lucked out this week, but she needs to try and choose better colors.

Have to admit Seth Aaron's disappointed me - I felt he was safe this case, even though it was well made. Hopefully he'll bring up his game, but it might be risky with next week's challenge.

All in all, even with the weakest dresses, I think the designs were better than last week's.

FORT Regular

I wish they would give them more than a day for this challenge. With the stakes so high, there still would have been productive tension even if they had stretched the challenge for two or three days.

ITA about Seth Aaron's suit. It was boring, boring, boring.

Also, I'm a bit confused about whether we should discuss Models of the Runway spoilers in this thread or the other, but I'm disappointed about the person who went home this week. She was a class act.

Quote Originally Posted by newshound;3826352;
    Also, I'm a bit confused about whether we should discuss Models of the Runway spoilers in this thread or the other, but I'm disappointed about the person who went home this week. She was a class act.
    Show discussion for Models should go in the Models thread. Both that thread and this one are kept open during the time when the other threads are locked.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3826350;
    Anthony and Ben were both SO deserving of the top prize, so I bet it was a very hard choice for them. Anthony's did win out though because of the cropping factor, but still... I was definitely impressed and hope that both continue with their game play. I was rooting for Ben a little bit more, but still Anthony deserved the win.

I agree that Anthony and Ben were the 2 most deserving. Most of the MC magazines I saw on the show tonight had 2 models on the cover. Too bad they didn't figure out a way to use both.

I do think that choosing Anthony's dress was less the cropping factor and more that he hit on just about everything the editor mentioned. Anthony's color choice and design is definitely more traditionally "Spring" than Ben's. Ben's was beautiful but had a bit of a Fall or possibly transitional color and look.

All things considered, the bottom line is Anthony's was the better/more flattering design for Heidi.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

I think it basically came down to color. Which garment's color would pop out on a cover. Black is a no-no to magazine editors (Nina has said this several times and, in this challenge, Joanna Coles said it, too) but white, beige-y and very muted tones wash out as well. So color choice was key in this challenge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast