Janeane Marie

Jay

Re: Week 4 Photos: Campbell's Soup Challenge

Anna - BOTTOM 3

Jesse - BOTTOM 3

Jesus - AUF'D

old cow

Was Emilio's model pregnant? She looks knocked up in this photo.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I do like Amy's dress. It flowed so well on the runway with the chiffon overlay. Another dress that looks to be Special Event ready to me is Jonathan's. I love the deeper red color and the tiers of shiny, but the waist/hip area and what looks to be a wrap with tie is kind of strange. At least he didn't accentuate it in gold like others did.

I know what Maya intended because she told us, but I don't understand it on the dress. That and the skirt draping was odd. I like that Mila went outside the box with the branding, but found the skirt star too big and misplaced so that it cut her off below the crotch area. I am glad she used white instead of the gold, though.

That gold practically everyone used as trim or filler...IMO If Anna and Jeanne Marie had used the the cloth provided by Campells, their dresses would have been much more interesting and Anna may not have landed in the bottom two. Ben using the gold belt passed with me because it was the deeper gold and used as a belt look. Seth Aaron should have tried the draping...the "majority" of his dress was the black skirt and not the required red. Ooops...someone used black - LOL. Maybe Jesse's short jacket would have worked with shorter sleeves...I don't know. Plus he needed to make the labeling stand out more.

To me, Jay and Emilio put together classic prom type dresses. They were okay, but not sophisticated. Anthony made good use of the Campbell pattern in the bodice (trimmed in black) though what was going on with the skirt, it looks bunchy and wrinkled...plus would ride too high when she sits down. He did do a better job with the short jacket, though.

You know, I rather liked Jesus' dress when it came down the runway, especially the open back with the chain draping down. But once again he used that bunchy material that looked like she just stood up and the dress didn't straighten out. Also, in the side view, the Campbell strips ended before the hem. I do see where they questioned his taste level...if he had left the dress strapless and finished the side seams, maybe it would have worked.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-05-2010 at 12:35 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Given the choice between going naked and wearing one of these dresses, I would choose either Seth Aaron's or Emilio's . . . . however, those potato sacks from last week would be my first choice.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Is it me, or was this the fugliest challenge since Tiki Barber?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3819318;
    Is it me, or was this the fugliest challenge since Tiki Barber?
    It might be!

I have a few comments.
    Amy - The dress makes her model look huge in the photo. I think it deserved to win based on the show. It was not too gimmicky and it was something that someone actually wear to a gala event.

Maya - I understood what the judges said. I found myself liking her dress. There was something about it that was just great. Her model was really stiff and it still looked good to me. I just didn't think anyone else would like it as well. Strange that lots of people felt that way about it.

Mila's dress was a mess. It does look a lot better in the picture. It had too much tacky going on. God bless America.

Anna, Ben, and Jonathan all had boob issues. What the heck was up with the boobs? (I feel like Heidi) It really does matter. Aside from that, Ben and Jonathan had above average dresses. Anna's was horrible. It was like she padded the top to make her model look like a linebacker. And the boobs area made her model's boobs look low, large, and very separated. I kind of wanted her to be auf'd for doing such horrible things to that woman's boobage.

Anthony needed to use a less flimsy fabric for the jacket. The dress was too casual too. But I liked it! It was something that women would buy and wear.

Oh, Seth Aaron. This dress is a downgrade from his original dress. It was so plain and ill-fitting. Nothing special about it. Just because the woman has a full-figure doesn't mean she can't have any kind of shimmer in her clothes.

I liked Jay and Emilio's except that Emilio's model somehow suddenly became pregnant. Come on Emilio, you didn't notice that? Really?

Janeane and Jesse needed to switch. Janeane's dress was horrible and made her model look really bad. Jesse's jacket was hideous but he made his model's boobs look really great. I thought the boobage made up for everything.

Jesus deserved it. Oh my gosh! I just realized what that sounds like. Eek! How do you do the accent sign?

They all looked awful, well except for Mila's.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast