+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2/4 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Ger

Re: 2/4 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Oh, I also did not like that star dress either and thought it looked cheap.

I loved Amy's dress and so happy to see her the winner this week. I think she does very nice work and she is one of my favorites.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Ger;3819700;
    Oh, I also did not like that star dress either and thought it looked cheap.

I loved Amy's dress and so happy to see her the winner this week. I think she does very nice work and she is one of my favorites.
    Yea Amy does seem to be turning out good pieces week after week. What drives me nuts about Amy though is that stupid piercing she has right above her lip. Has anyone noticed that? It is sooo distracting when she talks. Jesus had the same thing right below his lip.

Actually, I understood the challenge to be that the designers had to include red and incorporate the Campbell logo. The dresses didn't have to be all red.

Of course, I also understood the challenge to be to create a formal dress to wear to the charity event :-)

I thought the winning design was a little night-gowny to me, but it was OK.
    I didn't think Jesus's design was that bad, the woman had the body for that kind of design but someone had to go home. I would have auf'ed Anna, her dress was so ugly!

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3819721;
    Actually, I understood the challenge to be that the designers had to include red and incorporate the Campbell logo. The dresses didn't have to be all red.
    If I remember correctly red had to me the main color but yea it didnt have to be totally red.

Yeah. Tim said "prominent" color would be red.

Tim seemed sad around the edges this episode. I wonder if that one was taped while his mother was very ill? Bravo kept him too busy to even fly to her bedside, according to one interview.

I liked most of the creations this time. I've already forgotten which person this was, but the dress that was among the bottom scores, that the judges said was very unflattering on the client? I thought that one was the worst, simply because it really made the least of the client's figure of all. While the losing dress might've been lacking in luxurious details and was a bit overdone, the client looked good in it and seemed happy.

The star gown would've looked better if the material were nicer, and more 'giving.' Then maybe a sheer layer that moved even more, over the top of it all. Then it would look less like a flag.

I was eating Campbells tomato soup during the show by some weird coincidence, and I don't recall seeing a star on the label, so I'm not sure those huge stars even would've read "Campbells" to most at a gala. I liked the person's idea who traced the lettering onto their fabric, but the rest of that particular dress was a mess.

I didn't like the 'half heart' dress, I thought the execution was very bad. I think the best gown probably won.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=Brandy;3820057;]Tim seemed sad around the edges this episode. I wonder if that one was taped while his mother was very ill? Bravo kept him too busy to even fly to her bedside, according to one interview. [QUOTE]

Bravo or Lifetime?

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3820084;
    Bravo or Lifetime?
    Lifetime, sorry.

D'oh!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3820057;

I was eating Campbells tomato soup during the show by some weird coincidence, and I don't recall seeing a star on the label, so I'm not sure those huge stars even would've read "Campbells" to most at a gala. I liked the person's idea who traced the lettering onto their fabric, but the rest of that particular dress was a mess.
    I think way back when - in the '80s or something, they had a lot of ads with stars going around. This was especially true with the Chicken and Stars soup, which still is a very unusual chicken and pasta soup. The "Stars" soup too is also, at least where I live, a childhood memory in that we had it a lot when we were little, and Campbell's loved to link children with the soup.

All this said, while I liked the concept, I do agree with your suggestion about a slightly better material for the dress and possible a couple of pleats or the sheer fabric over it to make it more flowy. Still think it's a great dress - but Amy's was the best out of all of them. It also - out of the top three - will sell more dresses, and that's important as it's raising money to help out more people like the women who wore the dresses.

Even then... I think Seth Aaron's would've sold the most - his fits a lot of women's bodies and was a dress you could wear at both a large gala and a regular every day party.

Good point, the dress was also being sold to raise money for charity and the winning dress will look best on the most figures. I'm not sure everyone would (want to), or could carry off a dress with two huge stars on it.

I don't remember Seth Aaron's dress offhand, it was shorter, right (knee length)?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast