+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

The PR show is scheduled on Feb. 12. That's 2 weeks from now. 3 have been eliminated and 2 more in 2 weeks time. Does that mean that 11 designers are showing in FW? Is anybody here in the know?

Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3811993;
    The PR show is scheduled on Feb. 12. That's 2 weeks from now. 3 have been eliminated and 2 more in 2 weeks time. Does that mean that 11 designers are showing in FW? Is anybody here in the know?
    The show itself is filmed several months ago. Christopher Schraub from last season said they were filming the current season as his was being wrapped up/aired, which would explain also why Heidi is still pregnant (she had the baby last month).

So, the final three fashion designers - plus possibly one or two more so no one knows who the official three are (spoiler busters) - will show their lines in the show to be filmed. The winner also probably will be chosen in a separate event, but none will air until their proper time in the season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3812290;
    The show itself is filmed several months ago. Christopher Schraub from last season said they were filming the current season as his was being wrapped up/aired, which would explain also why Heidi is still pregnant (she had the baby last month).

So, the final three fashion designers - plus possibly one or two more so no one knows who the official three are (spoiler busters) - will show their lines in the show to be filmed. The winner also probably will be chosen in a separate event, but none will air until their proper time in the season.
    I am SO aware of this (you missed my point). I'm saying that there would apparently be several bogus finalists showing so as to avoid spoilers for the current PR season (like in 2008 whgen 6 designers showed, 6 that were still in the running as the show was still going on). And the apparent 11 still running, 2 weeks from now, is a bit too much considering the 6 on 2008 had to cut their collections to 10 (from the norm 12) so as to keep on time from the Bryant Park sked. Yes, it will be the LAST time at the park tents.

FORT Fogey

Anyway, I'm just saying 8 decoys is too excessive. Will each collection whittle down to 5 looks?

I doubt the show would pay for that many decoy collections.

Unfortunately, I would guess that they will have to do the same trickery they did last season (which I hated), where the designers aren't shown as the looks come down the runway. The attempts to edit in the designers as if they came out with their collections last season was really shoddy. I hope they improve on it this time.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3812607;
    I would love to see that, considering there are so many talented designers this season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3812607;

Unfortunately, I would guess that they will have to do the same trickery they did last season (which I hated), where the designers aren't shown as the looks come down the runway. The attempts to edit in the designers as if they came out with their collections last season was really shoddy. I hope they improve on it this time.
    When they release pics of the looks on the runway, it would be kind of telling if one of the present runway models are identified. And we can kind of get a clue of which designer designed a look (like Seth Aaron loves the punky type of look; or Mila loves 60's or mod; or Maya loves the Goth-y, ruffly... well, you get it). So, maybe, they'll pepper in some decoys since it will happen simultaneously as the season, unlike last season where the final runway looks were long forgotten before the season started. Did that make sense?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3812326;
    Anyway, I'm just saying 8 decoys is too excessive. Will each collection whittle down to 5 looks?
    I would love to see Jay's, Maya's, Amy's, Mila's, Seth Aaron's, Ben's, and Jonathan's collections.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

According to Tim (via his video blog on Youtube YouTube - LMCS1515's Channel) EVERYONE still standing on the show is going to present at Bryant Park. He says it'll be bedlam. I am in agreement!

Wow! That's just insanity. I mean, why bother going through a whole season if half the cast is going to show at Bryant Park?

Usually they only have 2 hours to get in and out of the tent before the next show comes in. They must be taking a 4-hour block this time, or starting even earlier in the morning ($$$$ either way).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast