+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

old cow

Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Potential Spoilers**

So after viewing all the pics from all the collections I gotta say i was impressed with everybody except Janeane. I was able to find at least one piece out of everybody's collection that i LOVED except hers. I cant really say who will be in the final 3 but wow these guys did a great job and its 1,000 times better than the final 3 from last season. These collections had so much color and life--wow good job guys!

Favs: Jay, Seth Aaron, and maybe Emilio

FORT Fogey

All-in-all, these designers did not disappoint (except Janeane, so I can definitely assume she's out of the running with Maya). I loved Jay's, Ben's, Amy's, Mila's, and Seth Aaron's. I'm mixed about Anthony but I am so glad it wasn't a row of pageant dresses and it had more pluses that negatives. Model-wise, Amy had Holly (who had her signature handkerchief hem on. enough already!), Seth Aaron had Kristina, Jonathan had Cerri (was that ANTM's Fatima in his show?), Anthony had Monique, Mila had Brandise, Ben had Allison, Janeane had Valeria (and promising model Kiki Kang. too bad for her), Emilio had Lorena, Jesse had Alexis, and Jay had Brittany. It seems that we can rule out Emilio because he seemed mad and he didn't end up with Holly. Which brings up a possibility that Amy's in the top 3. But then, he did end up with Lorena, who is a strong model, and I cannot imagine none of the remaining designers taking her, unless, he was eliminated at the near end where designers become more loyal to their models. I'm not sure what happened to Janeane because her design aesthetic during the show did not match her collection and her collection looked like a last minute rush job which it probably was. I loved Amy's 1st look that seemed borrowed from Viktor and Rolf's nesting doll dress or Hussein Chalayan's. Ben impressed me a lot with the abundance of details and his clothes seemed impeccably made. I loved Jay's a lot. Although I'm not sure why he ended up with Brittany (is that really Brittany because I actually couldn't tell whic of his models was from the show and I figured it out thru process of elimination and none of the girls looked like Megan).
    Last edited by watts; 02-13-2010 at 04:58 AM.

FORT Fogey

So it seems next week Maya and Megan (coincidentally, they are paired for the next challenge) are auf-ed. I think that their not showing in FW was an afterthought because they might run of time or so that every designer can show 10 looks. PR would rather spoil the next episode's results than run 1 designer-show longer. I'm also guessing that since both Jonathan and Mila are after Brandise, and that Mila has Cerri for the next challenge but ends up with Brandise for NYFW and Jonathan ends up with Brandise, that when Jonathan is eliminated, Cerri is too. Just a hunch.
    Last edited by watts; 02-13-2010 at 05:28 AM.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3827426;
    So it seems next week Maya and Megan (coincidentally, they are paired for the next challenge) are auf-ed. I think that their not showing in FW was an afterthought because they might run of time or so that every designer can show 10 looks. PR would rather spoil the next episode's results than run 1 designer-show longer. I'm also guessing that since both Jonathan and Mila are after Brandise, and that Mila has Cerri for the next challenge but ends up with Brandise for NYFW and Jonathan ends up with Brandise, that when Jonathan is eliminated, Cerri is too. Just a hunch.
    Wow I can't imagine Maya screwing up so badly that she is sent home. I was thinking maybe something went down like someone in her family had passed away or a serious illness and she asked to leave. Of course i dont wish anything bad to her family but wow, she leaves before Janeane?

But then again, next week is a kids challenge and I would guess she would be one of the designers that would have the most trouble with this challenge because her clothes are so not kid friendly & I dont think she has kids so maybe she isnt used to designer for children....

old cow

Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

BPR has listed some reviews for Project Runway's Fashion Week collection.

NY Post said that Amy, Seth Aaron, Mila, and Anthony had the best collections. And another recap says that they think Amy & Seth Aaron are in the top 3 with the third open for debate.

Lovin' these reviews!

I love Amy's collection!Its just really fresh and interesting.Love the knitting,the dresses and also the styling!The only thing that I worry about is that the collection looks too much like a spring/summer collection.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Janice;3827487;
    I love Amy's collection!Its just really fresh and interesting.Love the knitting,the dresses and also the styling!The only thing that I worry about is that the collection looks too much like a spring/summer collection.
    Not really. I thought it looked like a fall-winter collection. It had a coatdress, a sweater, a wool jacket/cardigan, long sleeve dresses, a black gown, black clothes... hardly spring-summer, except maybe (a big MAYBE) the print. And the print looked like fall leaves to me.

Kao

O wow. Oh WOWWWW!

I was pleasantly surprised at all of these collections (except unfortunately Janeanes. ) Jay's first coat and almost all of Seth Aaron's collection needs to be in my closet RIGHT NOW. Anthony's collection really impressed--he had some very sculpted pieces that were amazing. And I found a few things in almost all the collections that I liked.

I'm really hoping that LT does a separate show showing the work of the designers that weren't top three because I would love to see how some of these pieces move. It seems like pretty much everyone worked really hard and the work is wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3827598;
    Not really. I thought it looked like a fall-winter collection. It had a coatdress, a sweater, a wool jacket/cardigan, long sleeve dresses, a black gown, black clothes... hardly spring-summer, except maybe (a big MAYBE) the print. And the print looked like fall leaves to me.
    The fabrics makes me think that the collection looks more like a spring/summer collection and that's just my opinion.Her collection is the best one nevertheless.
    Last edited by Janice; 02-15-2010 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3826920;
    The photos are up on the fashion week website!
    Do you have a link? I'm trying to find them.

Nevermind. The site finally loaded and I think I found them.

+ Reply to Thread