+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3819567;
    According to Tim (via his video blog on Youtube YouTube - LMCS1515's Channel) EVERYONE still standing on the show is going to present at Bryant Park. He says it'll be bedlam. I am in agreement!
    That's great news! Well, for me because I'm interested to see, specially this season where there's a lot or promising talents.

old cow

So one the one hand I'm kinda bummed by this news. To me it kinda takes away from the specialness of being in the top 3 and going to Bryant Park. The top 3 probably worked hard to get there and show their collection but now over half of the contestants on P.R. get to show their stuff as well. And some of them probably dont deserve the show. They're still there by process of elimination or just being lucky. Unfair that good contestants on past seasons (Gordana) didnt get to show their stuff at Fashion Week but a chance that some ho-hums will get to show theirs this year.

On the other hand if you have a fav. designer or maybe a designer will get eliminated unjustly it's nice to see they still have a shot at some recognition.

FORT Fogey

I hope the next one to go is either Jesse or Anthony. Poor designer/s to get auf'ed next. He/she/they will miss fashion week by one elimination. Can't wait to see the collections this Friday. It would be interesting to find out, too, which model ends up with which designer.

FORT Fogey

I thought the issue last year was the lawsuit rather than spoilage... they couldn't have others there with the PR designers? Am I remembering wrong? I am in agreement that having this many decoys is ludicrous when the whole point is to "get to BP" - who cares if there were 2-3 decoys - if all made the top 5-6 vs. all now - are THAT many people spoiling the results for viewers?

wow, this is crazy

TWELVE people are left:
    Amy
    Anna
    Anthony
    Ben
    Emilio
    Janeanne
    Jay
    Seth
    Mila
    Mya
    Jonathon
    Jesse

I got ten dollars in my back pocket that at least two people go home this week's episode.
    Maybe even a team of 4 or 5?

I like it better when there is only one decoy (two tops), but seven or eight decoys?

I am happy for all the designers getting to show though.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3819625;
    Wow! That's just insanity. I mean, why bother going through a whole season if half the cast is going to show at Bryant Park?

Usually they only have 2 hours to get in and out of the tent before the next show comes in. They must be taking a 4-hour block this time, or starting even earlier in the morning ($$$$ either way).
    I just looked and Project Runway is scheduled for this Friday from 10-11, so only one hour.

Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week New York Fall 2010 Schedule
    Last edited by marlap; 02-09-2010 at 01:46 PM.
    Ain't Love Grand!

I noticed that last season's winner Irina has her own show as well...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3822607;

I just looked and Project Runway is scheduled for this Friday from 10-11, so only one hour.

It starts at 10. It will not end at 11.
    I wonder if all 11 designers will be there. Probably some of them will not be there.
    Also, don't forget that the finalists are given big bucks to make their collections and they also have a lot of time to get it together. The decoys don't have the budget and I would assume that they don't have the same amount of time. I don't know when they are told that they will be decoys. It is usually easy to tell who is a decoy. So finalist get to show amazing collections at fashion week while the decoys have to throw something together with limited resources.
    Also, it could be like last season and only the top 3 show their collections but are not photographed.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3822983;
    I noticed that last season's winner Irina has her own show as well...

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3822607;

Those shows are in different locations around town; according to the list, the next show in the Tent isn't until 7PM. So they could be taking half the day to get through all those collections.

I wonder if they will be able to hold all those people in the tent to watch every show, or shuffle people in and out throughout the day. Tickets to the show are in high demand, and I imagine they can't seat all the designers' families at once, or else it would force out other VIPs.

(Just some speculation on my part)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

old cow

Christian Siriano is showing his collection as well?! Gosh darn i wish i could go. And i was just at Bryant Park 2 weeks ago *hmph* Also I didnt realize some collections are being shown into next week. I thought it ended on Friday (hence the name fashion week and not fashion weeks) but Issac Mizrahi, Vera Wang, and Michael Kors have collections being shown next week.

Oh and a FYI on the price of tickets...to go to the Project Runway show, $703 each.

Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Tickets - Buy Online

+ Reply to Thread