+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3881955;
    True, although wasn't there a reunion show after which Tim Gunn professed he was done with Santino Rice forever?

Allie - I don't see a 'vision' with Emilio either. A lot of it seems it's been done before somewhere.
    Now that you mention it, what happened to the reunion shows? I remember season 1 where well supplied with alcohol contestants really let their hair down. Those shows were good. I would luv to hear about Emilio and him dissing Tim all the time, and the hate between Jay and Mila (that would have been a wonderful catfight).
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I found this rather interesting.

Project Runway contestants and alumni show collections at Mercedes-Benz Fall 2010 Fashion Week

roject Runway designers are now an important part of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York's Bryant Park. For all seven seasons of the show, Project Runway finalists have had their last test at Fashion Week. In addition, for Fall 2010, three Project Runway alumni are showing their collections during the week.

Project Runway's Season 7 challenges have already been filmed, and there are officially three finalists. However, the Season 7 episodes are just now being aired and as of Thursday February 11, there were still 10 designers in the running. So, on February 12, the producers allowed all 10 to show at Bryant Park in order to avoid giving away spoilers. Since each designer showed 10 looks, this was one of the longest fashion shows in the history of Bryant Park, lasting almost an hour.

The contestants' collections wildly varied in inspiration, look and quality. Ben Chmura based his looks on 'The Martian Chronicles', Seth Aaron Henderson's was inspired by 1940s Russian military uniforms, Jesse LeNoir borrowed from film noir, and shadow inspired Mila Hermanovski's designs.

Project Runway Season 4 winner Christian Siriano also showed his Fall 2010 collection at Bryant Park on February 12. While the designs displayed the same luxurious fabrics and attention to detail of his earlier work, most of this collection was toned down and sleeker.

On February 13, Season 6 winner Irina Shabayeva will exhibit away her collection off-site. Season 2 contestant Malan Breton will show an Indian-inspired collection on February 17.

Blogging Project Runway will provide more photos and commentaries for all these fashion shows.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

One of the reasons I prefer Seth Aaron's collection (yes, I finally found the link to work and peeked) is his use of the McLeod/McCloud plaid - the yellow and black. I grew up in McCloud, CA and the high school band wore the plaid as a sash while the majorettes wore the plaid as their uniform. A sigh of reminiscence escaped when I saw his collection.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3882098;
    Now that you mention it, what happened to the reunion shows? I remember season 1 where well supplied with alcohol contestants really let their hair down. Those shows were good.
    I miss those too. Someone said Lifetime's bringing it back this season?

Wasn't there an 'all stars' type of reunion show too, though? I didn't see it, (not sure why) so I'm sketchy on the details. I wish I had a link to the interview where Tim Gunn was talking about how he's done with Santino, too. Tim so rarely says anything that strongly. It was kinda interesting.

On the info for Models of the Runway, it says it's the reunion show. Only 30 minutes, so they're throwing us a bone, I guess.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

I thought it was supposed to be 2 and a half hours this week. A one hour finale, a half hour models of the runway finale, and then a one hour reunion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3882202;
    One of the reasons I prefer Seth Aaron's collection (yes, I finally found the link to work and peeked) is his use of the McLeod/McCloud plaid - the yellow and black. I grew up in McCloud, CA and the high school band wore the plaid as a sash while the majorettes wore the plaid as their uniform. A sigh of reminiscence escaped when I saw his collection.
    I'm still searching...no luck....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

For those who must see now, this should work. Blogging Project Runway puts images up as soon as they're available. Caution: The BPR folks have had a lot of time to think about the collections. Don't load the comments if you want to be spoiled about the reactions.

Thank you. I just looked through them but didn't read the comments. Some of those outfits are....intersting...

I can't watch tonight as I need sleep and I get up at 4:30 AM :-( But I will still read who won tomorrow morning and watch when I get home tomorrow. I'm leaning towards SA win...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;3883228;
    For those who must see now, this should work. Blogging Project Runway puts images up as soon as they're available. Caution: The BPR folks have had a lot of time to think about the collections. Don't load the comments if you want to be spoiled about the reactions.
    OK, just checked out the photos. Why didn't Maya show? Is is because she quit vs being auffed?

Don't think I am spoiling anything here by saying Janeane and Jessie's collections were not that good.

Amy, Antony, Ben, Jonathan all surprised me with their collections. Some pattern, some color, some nice peices. Antony could have competed and competed well in the finale.

What I really liked is that some of the designers took the time to dress themselves and looked very presentable instead of wearing rags. That includes Amy, Antony, Jessie, Mila and Seth Aaron. I just don't get wearing hoodies and ripped jeans to an ocassion like this.

+ Reply to Thread