+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 196

Thread: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

  1. #161
    old cow
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,088

    Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by watts;3879500;
    I see paranoia has done its job on you as it has with me. Oh, Seth Aaron! You're our only hope at redeeming this season.
    If you guys go over to TLo's blog they have Seth Aaron's picture of him introducing his collection so if that makes you feel better......

    After looking at S.A. collection again, he really, really has some STUNNING pieces in his collection. A quarter of them fall kinda flat but the other 3/4 of the collection is GREAT and i can see alot of those pieces in Marie Clare, not all of them but alot of them.

    I honestly see S.A. and Mila in the final 2 and its a toss up from there. Emilio's stuff is just sooo...meh. I cant see it in any high fashion magazines.

  2. #162
    FORT Fogey ryansmommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    881

    Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

    As I remember, Emilio's choice of color pallet (absent the signature fabric) was panned by the judges when Project Runway finalist Rami Kashou used them for his Fall 2008 Bryant Park collection. With that said, and although a couple of Emillo's silhouettes resemble Rami's finalist collection, in comparison (to me), Rami's collection far more exciting.

    Project Runway: Rami Kashou Fall 2008 RTW

  3. #163
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,222

    Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3879566;
    As I remember, Emilio's choice of color pallet (absent the signature fabric) was panned by the judges when Project Runway finalist Rami Kashou used them for his Fall 2008 Bryant Park collection. With that said, and although a couple of Emillo's silhouettes resemble Rami's finalist collection, in comparison (to me), Rami's collection far more exciting.

    Project Runway: Rami Kashou Fall 2008 RTW
    Emilio's was far, far, far, far (we're talking Kelly-Bethenny-I'm-up-here-you're-down-here) away from resembling Rami's superior collection. Not even the vein of a vein of a vein, a totally different group of arteries not in the same body, not even the same planet. Rami's looked young and relevant even after 2 years. Emilio's look old and matronly, even the print choice was appalling.

  4. #164
    Crazy Shutterbug Harmony2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,163

    Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

    Rami's clothing was beautiful, the gowns were breath taking. Emilio's....not so much. If you look at the designers collections from previous years? This years falls so short! Where are the breath taking outfits? Not a one of them has an outfit that just makes me gasp in awe *ho-hum* that being said, Emilio's is the worst of the bunch. He looks like he designed clothing for a little old lady to wear to church, I suppose if that is his target audience then he is right on the nose with that.

    I think that Mila and Seth-Aaron designed collections that are far superior to his. I like that Mila and SA are clearly visible in their collections. You see them and you know instantly who designed them, not so much with Emilio.....well other than that gawd-awful print that he really needs to just trash because it's not good. Not good at all.

    I noticed in the photos that SA's designs are good both coming and going and I'm hoping that will get him the win, he designed the entire outfit and did more than just make sure it was making a statement coming towards you but also going away. Look at the detailing in the outfits as they are visible in the background heading away from the camera, the third one with the lines going up the back is just wow (oh wait, I think I just found my wow outfit! LOL I still wish somebody had designed a gown or two, I love those.)

  5. #165
    old cow
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,088

    Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

    I just finished watching the new preview for the last episode and S.A. is getting the "I'm-doing-this-for-my-family" edit and its been my experience that those edits mean he isnt going to win, place 2nd maybe but no win.

    Now I'm just guessing because in my personal opinion he has the best collection but I kinda think Mila has the best collection for a Marie Clare photo spread so who knows as long as Emilio doesn't win I will be happy.

  6. #166
    26.2, baby! Allie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington state
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3880214;
    I just finished watching the new preview for the last episode and S.A. is getting the "I'm-doing-this-for-my-family" edit and its been my experience that those edits mean he isnt going to win, place 2nd maybe but no win.

    Now I'm just guessing because in my personal opinion he has the best collection but I kinda think Mila has the best collection for a Marie Clare photo spread so who knows as long as Emilio doesn't win I will be happy.
    lalalalalala I'm not listening to you.

    What you say makes sense, unfortunately. And the editing has changes for two of the three top. SA has been constant in his portrayal. Why bother softening up Mila's edit if she isn't going to be the good going up against the bad? Emilio is getting a very arrogant edit now. These shows like to have two different types go up against each other.

    Sigh.

  7. #167
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,945

    Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

    I just finished watching the new preview for the last episode and S.A. is getting the "I'm-doing-this-for-my-family" edit and its been my experience that those edits mean he isnt going to win, place 2nd maybe but no win.
    Well, there's always a first time, and maybe they're trying to run off skeptics like you who say "I know the editing, so I'm going to be disappointed.

    Yes, I do admit though the odds are against SA with an edit like that, but I'm hoping we're wrong because his really is the best and most colorful of the three. His also look the most expensive given the money he's used.

    Now I'm just guessing because in my personal opinion he has the best collection but I kinda think Mila has the best collection for a Marie Clare photo spread so who knows as long as Emilio doesn't win I will be happy.
    Looking at them again? - Mila has the better of the Emilio vs. Mila collections. Emilio's on relooking, is a bunch of stuff I HAVE seen in stores time and time again.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm not even sure his camo name print outfit's even in there. Even if it is, that sure is a sign of arrogance to design your exclusive print - another reason I really now don't want him to win. I flip flop I don't deny it.


    All that said, I can tell he ignored Tim's comments if he mentioned boring.

    And, just a couple of things I noticed here:

    1. Mila looks prettier and younger with the longer hair.

    2. SA's haircut makes me think he's played on Webkinz World and was inspired by the Rocking Pompadour, because it looks exactly like it, and

    3. Where in the heck did Emilio think his attire was appropriate for this show? He looks so ... I don't know, but not a designer.

  8. #168
    old cow
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,088

    Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3880301;
    lalalalalala I'm not listening to you.

    What you say makes sense, unfortunately. And the editing has changes for two of the three top. SA has been constant in his portrayal. Why bother softening up Mila's edit if she isn't going to be the good going up against the bad? Emilio is getting a very arrogant edit now. These shows like to have two different types go up against each other.

    Sigh.
    I can sympathize! I've been a S.A. fan since day one (even more than Anthony) and i would LOVE for him to win all of this. I guess I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the fall. But honestly he is sooooo dang popular that even if he doesn't win Im sure he will be a huge success in the fashion world. EVERYBODY I've spoken to that watches P.R. say they heart S.A.!! On the BPR poll 60% of the votes say he has the best collection. I just wish there was still a prize for fan favorite.

  9. #169
    old cow
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,088

    Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3880373;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm not even sure his camo name print outfit's even in there. Even if it is, that sure is a sign of arrogance to design your exclusive print - another reason I really now don't want him to win. I flip flop I don't deny it.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I just looked at Emilio's collection and yeah the esosa name print is in his collection. He toned it down a bit, the print is on a dress from the waist up and the model is wearing a coat open so it covers up alot of it.


    Mila looks prettier and younger with the longer hair.
    Yes I'm glad someone pointed that out because i forgot to mention it, Mila looks much better with her bangs & hair longer. Did you notice that her model, Brandise, now has the same short, severe, bang thing going on?

    Where in the heck did Emilio think his attire was appropriate for this show? He looks so ... I don't know, but not a designer
    OMG i know! Emilio looks like he just walked off the street with those old clothes.

    SA's haircut makes me think he's played on Webkinz World and was inspired by the Rocking Pompadour, because it looks exactly like it
    Meh i dont like Seth Aaron's hair that way. Why does he insist on doing that to his beautiful, thick black hair? I prefer it when he wears it down and you can see his cute curls and waves. He puts so much crap in his hair its no wonder he's got bald patches.

  10. #170
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    768

    Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

    I personally prefer Emilio's style of design than any of the others. The colors are great and they are very chic. I guess my point is that most of the winners of PR have had styles like SA but I wonder who else wears these things the way they are put together on the runway. You can certainly wear a piece here and there but who dresses like that in the real world? Maybe it's just me. That's basically why I prefer Emilio's design and the color combination of the material he created with his initials look great and I thought he used them very well. True, there's not a definite style of design that one could assign to Emilio unlike SA and Mila, but hey how can you tell CK and Tommy's clothing but for names and certain colors? And Emilio always took on Tim but isn't that what is all about. Everytime he had something negative to say about Emilio's design, he won the challenge, it is good to listen but you have to be sure of who you are and what you really want. Anthony suffered a lot for second guessing himself . I don't know who will win but my feeling is that it could be SA, otherwise, it should be Emilio becos, Mila's collection was "eh" as far as I am concerned. I also think Jay lost to Mila becos his style is similar to SA but just not as well coordinated and made. Anthony did a wonderful job and Amy's last collection on my all time favorite model(poor girl that Emilio dumped after almost going naked for him - can't wait to hear his reasons for jumping from one model to another) (yellow jacket and white skirt) was just great.

    I think these desginers are all very talented and will do well on the long run, however, I am rooting for Emilio becos I would wear his clothes or SA becos he's not just an awesome design but he's a good man.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.