+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

Uh-Oh ... you are all making way too much sense here and have me worried that SA won't even make Final 2 ? ! I really hope he wins.

As to why Mila was selected over Jay, I was thinking they wanted to appeal to 3 different demographic buyer groups, and Mila's would appeal to the more mature buyer ... and mature figured. Jay's designs would appeal to many who would also like SA's (younger and thinner ), so maybe they want SA to win ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I suppose I am standing alone for I love Mila's collection. I also adore Jay's concept, but agree with judges opinion that Jay incorporated too many design elements in each look.

I keep looking at Seth Aaron's collection, and although I would love for him to win (mostly because I love his energy and personality), I don't see it and tend to agree that the final 2 will be Emilio and Mila.

With that said, and although I love Emilo's coats and the to-die-for evening gown, four of his looks appear to me as, "eh". My thought is Emilio dumbed it down for the finale or, perhaps, there is something to the models' comments that Emilio really doesn't have a definitive style or point of view, other than, perhaps, a signature fabric.

If the final two are Emilio and Mila, I think Mila wins. If Seth Aaron makes it to the final 2, then I expect to see Seth Aaron win.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3879023;
    I suppose I am standing alone for I love Mila's collection. I also adore Jay's concept, but agree with judges opinion that Jay incorporated too many design elements in each look.

I keep looking at Seth Aaron's collection, and although I would love for him to win (mostly because I love his energy and personality), I don't see it and tend to agree that the final 2 will be Emilio and Mila.

With that said, and although I love Emilo's coats and the to-die-for evening gown, four of his looks appear to me as, "eh". My thought is Emilio dumbed it down for the finale or, perhaps, there is something to the models' comments that Emilio really doesn't have a definitive style or point of view, other than, perhaps, a signature fabric.

If the final two are Emilio and Mila, I think Mila wins. If Seth Aaron makes it to the final 2, then I expect to see Seth Aaron win.
    I'm going by what Heidi said as far as Mila seems to have a cohesive look for her collection while Jay had some awesome pieces but was it a cohesive collection.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I agree about how the decision was made. The question raised was "Who do we want to see more of?" Michael was yanked out of his re-design mode and the decision was Mila.

I haven't been able to view the collections for some reason and I'm glad...I want to be surprised. Especially to see what Seth Aaron did to re-design his pieces after Tim's visit. I can't believe he had over 20 pieces already finished. Wow! And still had half of the money left.

And with Emilio, who knows. His model wouldn't buy his collection, but will the judges?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fanatic

Where did you guys view the fashion week collections?

Quote Originally Posted by atlMD;3879205;
    Where did you guys view the fashion week collections?
    Blogging Project Runway - The Original Project Runway Fan Blog: Season 7 Finale Collections

Season after season, this is the link I keep bookmarked. Scroll down and select all shows, and then scoll that section down to find project runway. When viewing collections, go into full screen mode ... gives a much better visual.

Fashion Shows - Fashion Week in New York, Milan, Paris, London -- Runway Photos and Videos -- New York Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3879265;
    Season after season, this is the link I keep bookmarked. Scroll down and select all shows, and then scoll that section down to find project runway. When viewing collections, go into full screen mode ... gives a much better visual.

Fashion Shows - Fashion Week in New York, Milan, Paris, London -- Runway Photos and Videos -- New York Magazine
    That''s a good link. I noticed they didn't have Seth Aaron's picture at the front of the collections in the slideshow like they did with Mila and Emilio. I need to go back and see if he is the only designer that is missing his pic. I'm just curious. I don't think it means anything. At least I don't think I think that.

ETA: Yup. Seth Aaron is the only designer that doesn't have his pic at the front of the collection slideshow. Or it is just my computer trying to drive me crazy. I checked ALL the other PR collections and all the designers photos were up but SA. Sigh. My computer has done its job.
    Last edited by Allie; 04-17-2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: double checking stuff

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3879112;
    And with Emilio, who knows. His model wouldn't buy his collection, but will the judges?
    Yeah, who knew the judges shop at Talbot's.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3879307;
    That''s a good link. I noticed they didn't have Seth Aaron's picture at the front of the collections in the slideshow like they did with Mila and Emilio. I need to go back and see if he is the only designer that is missing his pic. I'm just curious. I don't think it means anything. At least I don't think I think that.

ETA: Yup. Seth Aaron is the only designer that doesn't have his pic at the front of the collection slideshow. Or it is just my computer trying to drive me crazy. I checked ALL the other PR collections and all the designers photos were up but SA. Sigh. My computer has done its job.
    I see paranoia has done its job on you as it has with me. Oh, Seth Aaron! You're our only hope at redeeming this season.

+ Reply to Thread