+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 196

Thread: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

  1. #131
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,088

    Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

    I'm just hoping the BlueFly.com commercials are not indicative of who is the final three (in this case it'd be Anthony, Emilio and Jay). I just don't think that Seth Aaron shouldn't make it unless he makes something that makes Wendy Pepper's candy bikini look high fashion or nothing at all. There's no reason for him to not be there in the end.

    BTW, I'm not dissing any of those's talents; however, that would mean one of the best designers out there - never in the bottom three - was denied what I feel is a proper spot in the final show.

  2. #132
    26.2, baby! Allie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington state
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,683

    Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

    I'm glad that SA is def in the top 3. Not surprised that Emilio is there as well. I re-looked at Emilio's Fashion Week collection and am surprised at how tame it is. Nice work for sure, seems very sellable. It just looks like it could be from any generic higher-end designer. But maybe that's what the show wants after having more dramatic designers win? I could tell most of the other designers collections belonged to them. Jay's did seem like a toned-down Seth Aaron style, but I find myself fuzzy on his past looks so maybe I'm wrong. Any thoughts?

  3. #133
    FORT Fogey Brandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

    Not a fan of Mila or her designs, and Jay teared up and wanted his buddy Anthony to go to Bryant with him. So I'm fine with Jay making it in place of Mila, to the final three.

    As designers they are neck and neck, with Jay a bit ahead most of the time, in my book. If he'd just take a bit more chances or maybe challenge himself outside the usual a bit more in future, there'd be no stopping him.

    Mila = one trick pony, questionable taste. Her vampire ringmaster in the last challenge was ugh.

  4. #134
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3872806;
    Yeah thats true. And the top 3 gets home visits from Tim Gunn. A chance to dine with the Gunn...
    Because they have a Top 2 with a shootout for the 3rd spot, will TG be visiting all four of them ? Who makes the decision as to who gets the nod ... Mila v. Jay ? Personally I don't care because SA's my guy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3874409;
    I'm glad that SA is def in the top 3. Not surprised that Emilio is there as well. I re-looked at Emilio's Fashion Week collection and am surprised at how tame it is. Nice work for sure, seems very sellable. It just looks like it could be from any generic higher-end designer. But maybe that's what the show wants after having more dramatic designers win? I could tell most of the other designers collections belonged to them. Jay's did seem like a toned-down Seth Aaron style, but I find myself fuzzy on his past looks so maybe I'm wrong. Any thoughts?
    I do remember Jay's garbage bag outfit.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  5. #135
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,088

    Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

    IMHO, I think that both Jay and Mila should thank their stars that Maya quit. I think had she not, she'd been in the final three with SA and Emilio. Her looks were much more varied and also well made. She also - like SA, was NEVER in the bottom two.

    Still respect her decision, but man... we'd had a very solid final three instead of a final two with a shootout for the third spot. If I were Jay or Mila, I'd be incensed that I have to do a walk off before showing.

    Then again - I feel sorriest for Gordana from last season, had she and Althea had to do a runoff, I think Gordana would've won.

  6. #136
    26.2, baby! Allie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington state
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,683

    Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3874451;
    Because they have a Top 2 with a shootout for the 3rd spot, will TG be visiting all four of them ? Who makes the decision as to who gets the nod ... Mila v. Jay ? Personally I don't care because SA's my guy.



    I do remember Jay's garbage bag outfit.
    Ah. Yes, thank you. Now THAT looks was fab. Hands down my favorite of that challenge. I can't believe I didn't remember that one. I also remember the mother-daughter look and wondering with his design how many sit-ups I'd have to do to wear his mid-section bearing top.

    PS ... Yay, another SA fan. Rooting for my local guy. Thrilled he's top three.

  7. #137
    jmb
    jmb is offline
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    819

    Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3874451;
    Because they have a Top 2 with a shootout for the 3rd spot, will TG be visiting all four of them ? Who makes the decision as to who gets the nod ... Mila v. Jay ?
    There was also a shootout last year for the 3rd spot.
    Tim visited all four.
    If I recall correctly, the "shootout" designers had to bring their "signature" piece to the runway, and the panel of judges decided from that look, which of the two designers would go to Bryant park and compete for the prize.

  8. #138
    26.2, baby! Allie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington state
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,683

    Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3874967;
    There was also a shootout last year for the 3rd spot.
    Tim visited all four.
    If I recall correctly, the "shootout" designers had to bring their "signature" piece to the runway, and the panel of judges decided from that look, which of the two designers would go to Bryant park and compete for the prize.
    That's how I remember it, too. My gut says Jay wins the showdown.

  9. #139
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,222

    Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3877503;
    That's how I remember it, too. My gut says Jay wins the showdown.
    The previews have Heidi picking Mila and Michael going for Jay. The tie breaker's Nina and I'm scared she's picking Mila because this season has been unpredictable elimination-wise. Although Jay had the stronger NYFW collection of the 2; and taste-wise, Jay is spot on with what's fashionable now.

  10. #140
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,088

    Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by watts;3877527;
    The previews have Heidi picking Mila and Michael going for Jay. The tie breaker's Nina and I'm scared she's picking Mila because this season has been unpredictable elimination-wise. Although Jay had the stronger NYFW collection of the 2; and taste-wise, Jay is spot on with what's fashionable now.
    If she did, I'd be surprised - Nina seems to have liked more of Jay's designs than she has of Mila's. Of course, that could've been misdirection to lead to this "shocker," but IMHO, I think Jay should go over Mila because he's always tried to vary his designs and - more importantly - has been in the bottom two/three less than Mila.

    Sadly, I do think we're going to be "surprised" though and Mila will join them because they don't want an all male final three (Never mind there has been an all women final three).

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.