+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

OK. After some digging, I found these telling pictures @ nitrolicious:
    It's an HP event with Vivienne Tam. Now, wasn't Maya (and not Jay) one of the top 3? Hmmm...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Out of those 3 I hope it's SA for the win...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3867855;
    OK. After some digging, I found these telling pictures @ nitrolicious:
    It's an HP event with Vivienne Tam. Now, wasn't Maya (and not Jay) one of the top 3? Hmmm...
    WoW! Now that is really, really interesting! Thanxs watts! Maya was one of the top 3 so what happened? Ok so something came up (family emergency, simply got fed up with P.R.) so she didnt/couldnt show at Bryant Park but to not give her proper credit for her design during this challenge, what?! This is very odd.....

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3867833;
    And remember one challenge Seth Aaron originally did a different design and Tim said that it wasn't him, so he changed it. He CAN do different designs, but I think he's taken it to heart that he needs to do his style. And I agree with Anthony trying to change things up. Remember when he went home he did a different top (something he knew he could do) after his first design went bad. I have a soft spot in my heart for him.

I agree with what you said.
    Yes, I have a soft spot for Anthony too, because with one or two exceptions I've loved everything he's done and they're stuff that for the most part could be reworked a little bit to fit larger sizes.

Best of all he shows little animosity (jibes aren't animosity), and looks like he appreciated his experience.

Click to see Spoiler:
    All the more reason I want him or SA to win - they seem to be the ones appreciating it the most.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3867958;
    WoW! Now that is really, really interesting! Thanxs watts! Maya was one of the top 3 so what happened? Ok so something came up (family emergency, simply got fed up with P.R.) so she didnt/couldnt show at Bryant Park but to not give her proper credit for her design during this challenge, what?! This is very odd.....
    That is indeed interesting - because Jay's was deemed safe. And, she's obviously not the winner because that'd spoil if she didn't show or they didn't have photos of her collection.

Going by these photos? - she might have been disqualified so everything she did will not be shown except in the episodes for that reason. That would be a shame, because she has talent and being DQ'd for some reason will put a mark on her in the industry.

old cow

Gosh, disqualified? Her?? Wow, i just can't believe that would happen. Poor girl, wow it really makes me interested in tonite's episode though.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3868055;
    Gosh, disqualified? Her?? Wow, i just can't believe that would happen. Poor girl, wow it really makes me interested in tonite's episode though.
    These would be speculation only, hence why I'm not putting in spoilers:

1. I don't think it'd be copycat designs - she hasn't had any that I can see that is a blatant rip off of another design (Emilio can be called out for that with his graffiti print, but hasn't).

2. She has a design book or other illegal items in her apartment - which would beg to question why not sooner.

3. The print she designed was actually a print that was made long before they made it, she copied it and got into trouble. I have seen a similar print, but it takes only two things for it to be officially inspired by not infringed o design.

4. Quite possible - she is related to someone on the show, but no one knew until later on. Most of these shows don't let any connection to family be on the same show for fear of suits based on favoring someone to win.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Personally, I'm hoping she quit and that for some reason it's such a dumb reason (the Osten of "Survivor" effect) or she basically mouthed off at "Project Runway" for not ever giving her a win that she felt she earned (fair, but you don't pull a MacArthur and mouth off to others about the President) that they decided to not show her line or fabric. That would be the only reason to not show any collection and let Janeane show a collection.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3868127;
    These would be speculation only, hence why I'm not putting in spoilers:

1. I don't think it'd be copycat designs - she hasn't had any that I can see that is a blatant rip off of another design (Emilio can be called out for that with his graffiti print, but hasn't).

2. She has a design book or other illegal items in her apartment - which would beg to question why not sooner.

3. The print she designed was actually a print that was made long before they made it, she copied it and got into trouble. I have seen a similar print, but it takes only two things for it to be officially inspired by not infringed o design.

4. Quite possible - she is related to someone on the show, but no one knew until later on. Most of these shows don't let any connection to family be on the same show for fear of suits based on favoring someone to win.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Personally, I'm hoping she quit and that for some reason it's such a dumb reason (the Osten of "Survivor" effect) or she basically mouthed off at "Project Runway" for not ever giving her a win that she felt she earned (fair, but you don't pull a MacArthur and mouth off to others about the President) that they decided to not show her line or fabric. That would be the only reason to not show any collection and let Janeane show a collection.
    Oh yeah i know these are just guesses. But still, wow ya know. The thing is since she was in the audience at F.W. that would mean she still wants to support the show. So i guess there are no hard feelings between her and P.R.....

If she was in the runway show, I don't think it's a disqualification but more that she had to leave for medical or personal reasons (i.e. illness/death in the family).

It's sad though because Maya's probably one of the most creative women competitors this season. But, if it's a family reason that causes the person to leave, I totally understand - most of these designers could and do have jobs in the industry, so it's not as important as say others in other seasons to win. (it is a big boon to win, but not as important as a loved one).

Do people know Maya was in the final 3? I thought she drops out this week and that's what all the buzz has been about?

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

+ Reply to Thread