+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

Re: Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week F/W 2010 **Season Spoilers**

I agree that it doesn't look good for one of my favs...oh dear....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Ti5;3867240;
    I am hoping that the editing is misleading us. But, when Tim Gunn asks a designer to step outside for a conversation....that is NEVER a good sign. *sigh*
    I have stopped trusting those videos awhile back. Lifetime has a way of making things look a certain way and that is the exact opposite of how it happens on tv. They've fooled me once, shame on them. So yea I know what you guys are talking about but I would just wait and see because that video just seems to fishy for me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ti5;3867211;
    I usually just lurk, but have been curious about who is leaving. I found a "sneek peak" video (I can't post links yet so you will have to copy & paste):

insidetv.aol.com/2010/03/30/project-runway-sneak-peek-six-become-five-video/

WARNING: The article the video is in has a possible spoiler

I have to be honest....I am completely shocked....but not sure if we are being misled.
    omg! Thanks for the vid. It looks unedited (I mean not edited to mislead).
    Click to see Spoiler:
    At first, I thought it had something to do with Valeria changing her mind. But when SA talked about designers burning out and they panned around the room and Maya's still around working, it's pretty clear he was talking about himself. And Emilio (ESSA) looks appalled by this decision. Matching these turn of events with NYFW is really a conundrum.

Ti5
    FORT Newbie

We know which designers displayed their line at Fashion Week...and those who didn't. The question I have is, if someone is "disqualified" or voluntarily leaves the show.....would they be given the opportunity to show their line WITH the Project Runway contestants?

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3867279;
    omg! Thanks for the vid. It looks unedited (I mean not edited to mislead).
    Click to see Spoiler:
    At first, I thought it had something to do with Valeria changing her mind. But when SA talked about designers burning out and they panned around the room and Maya's still around working, it's pretty clear he was talking about himself. And Emilio (ESSA) looks appalled by this decision. Matching these turn of events with NYFW is really a conundrum.
    That may be true... however:

Click to see Spoiler:
    I don't think it's Seth Aaron who goes. He's had less stress out of the lot IMHO because he's almost always way ahead of schedule and knows what he's doing. I could see him stressing over this week's challenge, but that would be odd.

As far as Tim Gunn pulling him out to talk - he could be concerned for SA's health, and took him outside to make sure he was OK. I think it's a misdirection as far as a "DQ" or something. And note, they panning would be edited to show Maya there working - so it's a possible misdirection.

I also would think that unless Maya chose to not show in the fashion week (why would be anything, but still bad choice), it would be odd for Seth Aaron to leave and then return with a collection that is IMHO one of the best in the lot. PR would lost a lot of respect to show a collection that was from someone who flat out cheated, so I doubt it would be that.

The ONLY reason I could see it being Seth Aaron and not someone else would be he physically - not mentally - couldn't continue or it was someone in his family who was seriously hurt/ill. If he cheated, then he will seriously lose some credibility and PR showing a collection would further do that.

I watched the clip and I don't see why they would give such a big shocker away. I hope it is not true and will be nervously awaiting tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3867468;
    I watched the clip and I don't see why they would give such a big shocker away. I hope it is not true and will be nervously awaiting tomorrow night.
    They wouldn't - otherwise it will seriously affect their viewership the rest of the season as all anyone would have to see is the teasers and head out. That said

Click to see Spoiler:
    I do think it's either Maya or Seth Aaron though - and I'm leaning more toward Maya given SA's "stress" seems more OCD than anything. And from what I have seen and read of what this episode entails, I would be surprised that SA would be stressed out enough with his wins and top finishes (he's rarely been in the safe category and not bottom) to just quit. For him, I would say it would have to be a family issue at home that stresses him out to the point he has to go home.

Also, this is interesting - don't think it's a spoiler or even really speculation.

Noticed today while passing by Lifetime they mentioned Maya and how great and wonderful she was... as well as Tim Gunn mentioning that she seems stressed out.

Did not see one for Seth Aaron or any of the other ones, which is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3867781;
    They wouldn't - otherwise it will seriously affect their viewership the rest of the season as all anyone would have to see is the teasers and head out. That said

Click to see Spoiler:
    I do think it's either Maya or Seth Aaron though - and I'm leaning more toward Maya given SA's "stress" seems more OCD than anything. And from what I have seen and read of what this episode entails, I would be surprised that SA would be stressed out enough with his wins and top finishes (he's rarely been in the safe category and not bottom) to just quit. For him, I would say it would have to be a family issue at home that stresses him out to the point he has to go home.

Also, this is interesting - don't think it's a spoiler or even really speculation.

Noticed today while passing by Lifetime they mentioned Maya and how great and wonderful she was... as well as Tim Gunn mentioning that she seems stressed out.

Did not see one for Seth Aaron or any of the other ones, which is interesting.
    Evil Lifetime. lol The one time I actually care who wins and they tease me like this.

I'll be happy with most anyone left in the show [spoiler]Anthony[/quote] this season. The only two I really do not want to win are Mila (one note and unlike Seth Aaron has had several poorly made outfits) or really Emilio (who has improved since the bikini disaster but is still one note). Even Christopher and Gordana from last season did vary up their designs, even with some bad tailoring at times, to keep things interesting. These two are one note yet think they're being innovative. I know the same could be said about Seth Aaron and Anthony, but at least both of them use one item of clothing or design and take it in different variations. In Anthony's defense too - he did at least attempt to do stuff other than the ruffles across one shoulder all the time unlike Mila's consistent color blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3867832;
    I'll be happy with most anyone left in the show [spoiler]Anthony
    this season. The only two I really do not want to win are Mila (one note and unlike Seth Aaron has had several poorly made outfits) or really Emilio (who has improved since the bikini disaster but is still one note). Even Christopher and Gordana from last season did vary up their designs, even with some bad tailoring at times, to keep things interesting. These two are one note yet think they're being innovative. I know the same could be said about Seth Aaron and Anthony, but at least both of them use one item of clothing or design and take it in different variations. In Anthony's defense too - he did at least attempt to do stuff other than the ruffles across one shoulder all the time unlike Mila's consistent color blocking.[/QUOTE]

And remember one challenge Seth Aaron originally did a different design and Tim said that it wasn't him, so he changed it. He CAN do different designs, but I think he's taken it to heart that he needs to do his style. And I agree with Anthony trying to change things up. Remember when he went home he did a different top (something he knew he could do) after his first design went bad. I have a soft spot in my heart for him.

I agree with what you said.

+ Reply to Thread