+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1/28 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/28 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Anthony always seems surprised when his name's called safe. My prediction is that he's next to go and Sarah the model for the models.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Cairon;3812228;
    And those designs! Sending your model down the runway in an ugly hokey dress that has her a$$ showing, well at least Mitchell came up with something that at least looked like it flowed and covered up the model.
    Are you kidding? Mitchell sent his model down with only a sheer coverlet. Yes, it flowed, but she looked nude!

I think Megan got away with it this time, and was right to save Jesse because there was a very good chance for a double elimination and she didn't want to go down and out because Ping would not listen to any advice or waver from her vision...nor pay any attention (fitting - or in Ping's mind delegate that to Jesse) to the 2nd look. The fabric for look #2 got a "is THAT your fabric...it looks cheap" from Tim!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I just caught up on Tim's video recaps on YouTube. Just as I suspected, the designers were trying to touch the Costume Institute's garments! Check it out here: YouTube - LMCS1515's Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Cairon;3812228;
    Ping is gone, thank GOD!
    I thought I was the only one who dislikes this Ping. She's a dolt! Not sure how she even made it this far. She should have been gone earlier.

BTW, if Jesse dreaded being picked by Ping, why couldn't he just blurt to her not to pick him? He could just say, "Please don't pick me because, sorry, it's not going to work out". He could have avoided the agony of working with Ping.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 01-31-2010 at 01:27 AM.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3812603;
    I'm glad Ping finally got ponged off the show.
    Oh, I'm am honestly laughing at that... OMG... ROFL...!

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Once again this season, I find myself feeling completely comfortable with everything that went down.

I would have been just as upset as Jesse was if picked by Ping. I love Ping's aesthetic, but her execution of it has just been off, off, off for this show. She evidenced herself to be very hard to work "with" - constantly repeating that she's the team leader, frantically saying, "NO NO NO NO NO!" if someone (model or designer partner) suggested or did something a certain way, etc. Yikes. I think Jesse showed MORE patience than I might have, and I'm known for my overabundance of it.

I loved the winning look. And I do NOT generally like sportswear, period. I thought it was sleek, stylish, mod with a twist - I am amazed that I like it, considering my personal favorite designers tend toward flowy & feminine (Zhandra Rhodes, Betsy Johnson, etc.). Bravo Milla.

I love Antony, but when I saw the bubbly effect of the skirt on that gown, I cringed. It looked like a pregnancy gown. I really hope he does better next challenge, 'cause I want him to stick around.

Kao

After watching this episode, I honestly think Ping and Jesse were both in the wrong. He didn't want to be teamed with Ping and it showed. She didn't want to give one inch and it showed. Instead of discussing their issues like adults and working them out in a humorous way (Seth and Anthony) they warred amongst themselves and Jesse and the model had a "throw Ping under the bus" moment on stage. Which made Seth's "Hey, Anthony might have been in charge but we are BOTH 50 percent responsible for what went down the runway" more poignant. What a class act.

Sadly, I can't say the same for Jesse.

FORT Fogey

The next challenge will be designing for "women (who) have been impacted by heart disease" (Tim Gunn). Then Tim continues at some time in the clip that the challenge must not compromise their design aesthetics, and Seth Aaron goes that he wants to make his client happy. Then, "You took a checklist of everything tacky and combined it into one garment" - Michael Kors, from the clip, seemingly addressing it to Seth Aaron. Seth Aaron nods in agreement (so it seems). The designs seem to be all in red. One design features cut-outs of heart outlines superimposed to one another.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3814987;
    The next challenge will be designing for "women (who) have been impacted by heart disease" (Tim Gunn). Then Tim continues at some time in the clip that the challenge must not compromise their design aesthetics, and Seth Aaron goes that he wants to make his client happy. Then, "You took a checklist of everything tacky and combined it into one garment" - Michael Kors, from the clip, seemingly addressing it to Seth Aaron. Seth Aaron nods in agreement (so it seems). The designs seem to be all in red. One design features cut-outs of heart outlines superimposed to one another.
    Thanxs for the heads up on the upcoming episode. Holy cow i hope this doesnt mean that Seth is going home! I will throw such a fit if he leaves this early in the competition

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3814987;
    Finally - color! Maybe this is how they forced them out of black.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast