Emilio

Janeane

Re: Week 2 Photos: Potato Sack Challenge

Ping - BOTTOM 3

Jesus - BOTTOM 3

Pamela - AUF'D

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Thanks so much for posting the photos. This is my favorite thread to read and respond to. PR is such a visual show, it's just easier with the photos.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Jay - nice job. Good win.
    Mila - gorgeous. I could have seen a tie between her and Jay.
    Amy - I am in love with this. I love the color fade on the edge.

Ping - Oh, Ping, Ping, Ping... I love innovation and quirk. I don't want to be mean so I'm not saying anything.

Jesus - Even when I favor a designer, when they skirt the guidelines of a challenge like this, it turns me off. He should have been auf'd.

Pamela - I just didn't think it was that bad. It's a touch 80's retro. But the construction and overall design was better than either Ping or Jesus.

Anna - her model looks like she fell in the pig pen. Yuck.

Anthony - I didn't think he got enough props. I LOVED that dress and did a slight gasp when I saw it - it's lovely in every way from color to construction.

Seth Aaron - I want to like it, it's got my aesthetic written all over it. However, I can't help think of the B-52's with that hoop skirt.

Maya - I am in love with her colors in this number. I thought it was gorgeous.

Jonathan - I can't help but be reminded of some little doll dresses I'd make as a beginner sewer - take a tube of fabric and straight-stitch on lace down the center of the front.

Jesse - I thought it was surprisingly chic.

No strong opinion of Jeaneane, Emilio or Ben.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Favorites this week were Jay, Amy, Ben and Jonathan.

Least favorite: Ping, Ping, Ping, Maya and Jesse.

Seth Aaron - I'm thinking LAMP SHADE!

I like the way Anna Marie constructed her dress, but I think she went overboard with the dye and made it look frumpy and dirty.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Anna's dress is basically a potato sack copy of the dress she did for the first challenge.

FORT Fogey

Jay - Nice dress. Not the most unique design. I didn't think it deserved the win.
    Mila - I like her dress but she didn't use the fabric correctly or else the model's lady bits wouldn't have been sticking out. Not deserving of a win for that reason.
    Amy - I liked it. She really used the sack material so well. She made it look great. I think considering what the challenge was, she should have been the winner.
    Seth Aaron - I liked it but he didn't transform the burlap as much as I wanted. It is dull. I like the hood though.
    Maya - I liked the idea of the dress but I was not a fan of the colors. This could have been better
    Jonathan - I think the burlap looked good but there was nothing special about the design.
    Jesse - It was ambitious to do pants. The outfit looked like it was made of burlap
    Anna - Same dress two weeks in a row? I need to see a split screen. There is nothing unique about the design either!
    Anthony - Wow! Nice comeback! This dress is too short but it is the most beautiful dress on the runway. The fabric does not look like burlap at all.
    Ben - I don't hate it. I like the design. maybe the fit of it is off? Maybe the boobs should be higher?
    Emilio - I don't like it. It is the same idea as last time but the burlap still looks ugly.
    Janeane - Gorgeous! It isn't really special though! But it is a dress that will please the masses.
    Ping - Well, this is the worst creation we've ever seen on PR! Truly horrible. I think it is safe to assume that the producers stepped in to save her.
    Jesus - I think he was only called in the bottom 2 to stress the fact that this was his second time. Ping should have been there. This dress was not THAT bad. I don't think it is matronly. He just should have shown more burlap. If he removed the ribbon and it was the same dress without a design and you could only see burlap, it is still a far better dress than what Ping made.
    Pamela - This dress looks like its from the early or mid 90s. I think Pamela is more of a dress-maker than a visionary. It didn't look like burlap though. But a jean dress? No thank you!

I'm just going to say three things in specific, because I liked all the dresses however...

1. Maya's dress seems to reflect her name - i.e. the Mayan dress sense of colors.

2. Ping's top is nice, the bottom is bad, especially the back. Would've been better if she had instead maybe done a wrap around skirt or something (i.e a spiral where it's wrapped around so the bottom is slightly longer in the back layer). Then again, had it been at least 4 inches longer, the model would've been properly covered and it'd been much better. (BTW, I wonder if models are allowed to turn down a designer - even though it's a risk they'll be eliminated - if they feel it's not in their best interests? Don't blame her if she can and said no to Ping - she looked embarrassed to be out there with the skirt like that in the back).

3. Jesus should've been eliminated over Pamela. Why? Because while Pamela's outfit does have the bad sewing in the back, she did still follow the challenge. Jesus skirted it and it's over 50 percent ribbon over burlap, defeating the intent of the challenge.

I mean - every other designer, even with Ping's HUGE lack of judgement, are head to toe burlap showing in the design - even Mila's pattern is metal and fabric, so even at worst she's 90 percent. Still beats 50% or 60%.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast