+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1/21 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 1/21 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Cairon;3805513;
    Seriously, people think Jesus should have left?

Ping should have been auf'd this episode for sending that poor girl out on the runway in an ass-less potatoe-sack.

That's the type dung that's unforgivable... I take boring over hideous any day of the week, at least the boring design is wearable.
    I can't say for others, but this is my point of view over why Jesus should've been eliminated over Ping if they choose that two:

While Ping's dress is very poor (and I so hope it was a misunderstanding in communication - having had four international roommates in college from Asia, even with them speaking decent English, I can attest to this as possible) Jesus didn't properly follow the directions.

I don't think it was so much the color choice or design - I actually thought it was a nice dress. HOWEVER, the dress was supposed to be designed from a potato sack, and most of it was supposed to show. This time they were more specific on that notion unlike the wedding dress challenge last year, such as Gordana used just the lining of the dress (well, at least top) to make another dress or Irina using the lace (probably the ONE design I really liked of hers).

Given he put ribbon over the bottom half of the burlap and didn't use much of the actual fabric on TOP of the dress, he skirted the challenge. At least Ping's and the others most of the burlap was visible.

Had Jesus not tried to lessen the impact of the challenge by doing this, yes, I'd say wholeheartedly that Ping should've been eliminated over him if they were the final two in the bottom. I was surprised Pamela was eliminated though because of that very issue regarding the ribbon on the front of the dress, because while the poof at the butt was bad, she still followed the rules of the challenge.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Pamela should not have been auf'ed instead of Jesus, that's just wrong. Jesus has been so far off the mark both weeks now, and while Pamela's dress wasn't flattering to her model, even the judges admitted it was well made and dyed.

I agree that Ping was given some slack this week because they want to see what she does. I don't really care for her or her designs, but at least it's not the same boring crap that the bulk of the designers put out every season. I probably won't like her designs, but at least I will remember them.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm getting tired of Heidi Klum and her stupid voice.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3805626;
    I'm getting tired of Heidi Klum and her stupid voice.
    I was tired of her last season, when she became a judge as well as a host, and she was mean and nasty as a judge. She still is. There's an unpleasant tone of superiority in the way she speaks to the designers, from the high-pitched "hello" to the condescending way she addresses them during judgment to the cold "auf." Also, who designs her outfits? I think she's the worst-dressed person on the whole show. Sometimes, the auf'd outfit is better than whatever she's wearing.

FORT Fogey

Ping should have been auf'd this episode for sending that poor girl out on the runway in an ass-less potatoe-sack.
    That's the type dung that's unforgivable... I take boring over hideous any day of the week, at least the boring design is wearable.
    Absolutely! Even if she didn't understand the challenge due to a language barrier (and if the judges believed that, how is she going to understand ANY of the challenges?), she knows you don't send a model down the runway with her ass hanging out! Plus, she was supposed to be designing for the model-as-client. What client would want to be seen in public like that ... Lady Gaga?

This show has lost credibility with me for not auf'ing Ping based on that design. That was arguably the worst designed garment I've ever seen on all the seasons of PR. They're supposed to be judged based on the garment they produced for the challenge, not on what they did last week or might do in the future, unless I have that wrong.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;3805266;
    Wow, does anybody else not like the winner they chose? Personally I didn't like his design at all - it looked boring and somewhat cliche, lack of color, and it was like fraying near the top. Amy should have won IMO. It still looked like burlap, but she smoothed it out and made it look kinda rough but fun and really well done. And Mila took it in a futuristic direction while still being sexy which was really unexpected. But Jay's, I feel like he could have made that out of anything.
    I totally agree - Amy was robbed, it was cute, moved well, and while burlap, looked beautiful and wearable.

FORT Fogey

Except we know Mitchell stayed after sending a sheer/Nude model on the runway... so a little ass showing from someone who seems interesting is ok by me. BUT Jesus was bottom 2 last week, and Pamela had more potential than he in my opinion...he should have gone.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3805605;
    Pamela should not have been auf'ed instead of Jesus, that's just wrong. Jesus has been so far off the mark both weeks now, and while Pamela's dress wasn't flattering to her model, even the judges admitted it was well made and dyed.
    Another reason for Jesus (though the judges don't see this) - he ignored Tim's advice two weeks in a row.

I loved that the models chose the designer. I wish they'd do that every time. The designers choose which model goes, and the models choose their designers. I would love to see Heidi and company auf the worst model, instead of letting mediocre-but-loyal ones stay. Let it truly be a competition.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I'm not understanding the judging this time. I'm no fashion expert but....Why did Ping not get auf'ed, she sent her model down the runway with her butt showing. And Jesus didn't do the project the right way, he completely covered the burlap. Then the lady who got booted was praised for good construction and dye job but she made her models butt look big (at least it was covered) and she got auf'ed. I don't get it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast